Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State your main reason for posting on this forum

HAHAHA your funny Bawang LOL
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    HAHAHA your funny Bawang LOL
    the more excited he gets, the worse his english becomes.

cause no one else even cares...

I initially came here just to see what was being talked about by other practitioners and to gleam/share information, ideas, etc. with others passionate about martial arts. My kung fu schools have all been small with the whole family-type vibe. Nearly all of my friends growing up, or even now, could care less about martial arts, so it's nice to have a place where we have all share a common interest. Despite all our differences, you have to realize that we are all a very small minority in the grand scheme.
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kao View Post
    Nearly all of my friends growing up, or even now, could care less about martial arts, so it's nice to have a place where we have all share a common interest. Despite all our differences, you have to realize that we are all a very small minority in the grand scheme.
    very well said...

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kao View Post
    I initially came here just to see what was being talked about by other practitioners and to gleam/share information, ideas, etc. with others passionate about martial arts. My kung fu schools have all been small with the whole family-type vibe. Nearly all of my friends growing up, or even now, could care less about martial arts, so it's nice to have a place where we have all share a common interest. Despite all our differences, you have to realize that we are all a very small minority in the grand scheme.

Excellent Point,

Just don't ask us to hold hands and sing "We are the World"
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    if we were the world, it would truly be fucked!

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    if we were the world, it would truly be fucked!
    why?

Are you not confident that you can do the right thing when required?
    If that is done, then all is well.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    why?
    it's called humour... i envisioned all the forum members as being heads of state and such - perhaps i was the only one who chuckled...
    Are you not confident that you can do the right thing when required?
    yet you said yourself that duality is an illusion - i will be able to do what needs to be done, yes.
    If that is done, then all is well.
    all is well regardless of what is done.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    it's called humour... i envisioned all the forum members as being heads of state and such - perhaps i was the only one who chuckled...
    yet you said yourself that duality is an illusion - i will be able to do what needs to be done, yes. all is well regardless of what is done.
    There are thousands of forum members, some of whom may very well be as qualified as any to be a head of state.

duality is an illusion, but it is one which we are bound to in this form as a human unless we decide to remove ourselves from humanity to observe the non dualistic nature of the universe. Which is premature in my opinion as that will be revealed upon death anyway, or not, but at that point, it won't matter. Better to live with everyone else and enjoy that.

"well" is relative to circumstance. All is not necessarily well for everyone. (dualism)
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I am here mostly for the sake of brotherhood of fellow practitioners regardless of styles and origins of countries and cultures.

no ghey business here.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    Excellent Point,

Ok, how about "Kumbaya" then?

Actually though, I left out what I meant to be the 2nd part of my post, which was to say that the reason I stick around is that a lot of y'all are some funny mofos, and I appreciate that not everything here is taken to life-and-death extremes (though even the heated flame wars are entertaining, at times).

In other words, carry on chuckleheads!
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com