Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luohan Quan

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/vO4DK0al0YQ/

Hey everyone,

The above link is an old video of luohan quan. Whats interesting is it is the classic form that is performed by Zhangshijie in his white robes. Except this version is a little different at the end. ALso the video appears older than the one by zhangshijie. The perfromance also includes a san lu luohan quan from the 18 forms of shaolin luohan. A form we have no other videos of.

WHo is the guy in this video? He must have learned this form from Degen Da Shi, or a direct disciple like Zhutianxi.... I can't understand what they are saying on the video, the sound is no good. Any one have a clue who this guy is?

Otherwise, good video of previously unseen luohan quan from shaolins Zhenchuan 18 luohan quan. The 3rd form on the end i can't identify.

Hey just found this maybe it helps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mkXKnH9B-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAAi39GwjeU

Kind Regards,
    Xian

@Rendahai,

Hey Rendahai, the video that you posted to start this thread with the Luohan man. have you found something new about this person?
    Sometimes I watch it a few times, but the more I watch it the more it amazes me.

I think this guy has a higher level of kung fu then the 18 years olds that leave Shaolin these days.

Peace Eugene

Hey Eugene,

I still haven't found out who it is. I was really into Luohan Quan a while back but am focusing more on the core Shaolin at the moment like Hong Quan. But I haven't forgotton. I'll find out one day.

Lohan Quan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao1SpJVK_5g

Some Lohan Quan. May you like it. Ive tried to find someone else but I couldnt find it.
    May you know one ?

Kind regards,
    Xian

Da Luohan Quan by Shi Decheng

THREADS
    Shaolin Special 2019 (SPRING) on Shaolin sub-forum.
    Shaolin Special 2019 (SPRING) on Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine & KungFuMagazine.com sub-forum
    Luohan Quan
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our newest exclusive web article

In honor of our Shaolin Special 2019 - READ Shaolin Ways Episode 4: The Big Worthy One by Gene Ching

THREADS
    Shi Decheng
    Shaolin Special 2019 (SPRING) on Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine & KungFuMagazine.com sub-forum
    Luohan Quan
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Last meme for this issue

THREADS
    Shi Decheng
    Luohan Quan
    Bodhidharma
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

any info on this form?
    says LUOHAN PU SHEN CHUI? .....Some say its a form of Tong bei quan? either way, this is a nice flow and rooted performance. love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z82mX8T0sLs

any info is nice.

Amituofo

The Info I directly wrote into the discription

This is the most detailed version I have seen so far.Some also call this set Lao Tong Bi Quan as many of the postures overlap with Da Tong Bi Quan. In my opinion this set relates to Luohan Quan not just by name. Of course its not like the 18 Luohan Forms or like the Luohan Shiba Shou or the Luohan Damo Shibi Shou but I think the influence of Hong Quan and Pao Quan is not the same as in other sets. And it reminds me in its body structure more of Luohan Quan. Just my thoughts on it. If anyone like to share any on it, would love it.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    The Info I directly wrote into the discription

Best regards
    Amituofo

I'm sharing your sentiment then. Would like more info on this particular form exactly. .....understanding everyone expresses every form their own way, naturally. This style I have seen before and it still intrigues me, and I wonder if this form of expressing certain Shaolin fists is particular to one master, time period, or one school within Shaolin, if so, who? Wouldn't we all like the answers here ,..... with certain details, its almost like we have to make the research travels to the location lol, which sounds fine with me! I'll meet you there, just bring me some extra long socks and training shoes!

Amituofo