Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what does the forum say about uki?

Talking what does the forum say about uki?

let the forum speak for itself here... be honest folks - afterall, honesty is a virtue.

I have no idea who you are, but from your posts you sound like an ignorant ass. Of course that's just my opinion, right?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zurm9vKXMk

I do not know you.

so a stranger?

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post

from your posts you sound like an ignorant ass.
    +1

(needless stuff down here to make the 10 character min)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

He needs to take a shower. The government should make him wear a biohazard warning.

Other than that, he's all right.

all things considered, at this point, my question to you would be, if, as you have stated on at least 2 other threads, your intent on the forum is to socialize, how exactly you expect to do so when, by and large ,the opinions that you express are generally negative / inflammatory by nature and generally elicit negative responses towards you? certainly, no one denies that you absolutely have the right to express yourself any way that you please, and certainly if someone doesn't like what you say they can just ignore you, but to follow that to it's conclusion, it appears that you have been progressively alienating everyone on here - how does that achieve your stated goal of socialization, unless that was intended to be tongue in cheek? I must confess, even I find myself somewhat turned off by certain comments you have made, where, even though I don't get personally agitated by them, I just have to question what your agenda is? if it is to test boundaries and tolerance, hey, you know, sooner or later, even the most spacious of us will find some annoyance; is that our / my problem? ok, well, sure, it is; but again, your expressed intention is to socialize, which, by definition, implies some desire to get along with others, and by necessity requires some sort of fundamental conformity to social norms and niceties; I mean, one cannot reasonably expect to make disparaging comments across the board and expect others to simply accept it unconditionally, right? I mean, if you are trying to point out inconsistencies in life, the absurdity of the world and all that, well, ok, we "get" it, I think, but at the same time, one can appreciate that "truth" but still engage in relatively civil discourse;

so again, I'm not criticizing you - do as you like, it's just a forum, right? just making an observation is all;

He's a man who says he doesn't care what others think especially about himself and starts this thread.

Methinks he's also a man who is just about to realise he is spending too much time on pointless forum posting.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    He's a man who says he doesn't care what others think especially about himself and starts this thread.

Methinks he's also a man who is just about to realise he is spending too much time on pointless forum posting.
    what I think is, that, despite his disavowal of the need for validation from others, at the same time there is a desire to be taken "seriously", in his own way: he posts pics of him demoing his abilities, suggesting some desire for positive consideration (and rightly so, in context of what he can do); the unfortunate thing is that while he has demonstrated the capacity to contribute positively to this community, conversely he sometimes (and more so of late) allows what appears to be a degree of innate anger / belligerence to surface in such a way that he begins to alienate pretty much everyone around him;

in my opinion, this is all a not uncommon m.o. of individuals w/not insignificant insecurity: wanting validation, but at the same time pushing people away before they have a chance to get too close and / or reject you on their own; this may or may not be the case w/Uki, but his behavior is strongly suggestive of this particular pattern; again, I could be completely wrong, what do I know?

I suppose the simple answer would just be for everyone to not respond to his invective when it surfaces, or at worst put him on ignore; which would be unfortunate, since with even a little self-modulation, the majority of his interactions have the capacity to be positive and contributory; otherwise, beyond a certain degree, what's the point?

I think Uki just needs to get laid.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    all things considered, at this point, my question to you would be, if, as you have stated on at least 2 other threads, your intent on the forum is to socialize, how exactly you expect to do so when, by and large ,the opinions that you express are generally negative / inflammatory by nature and generally elicit negative responses towards you?
    i suppose socialize was not the most appropriate of words that i could have chosen from to use...
    I must confess, even I find myself somewhat turned off by certain comments you have made, where, even though I don't get personally agitated by them, I just have to question what your agenda is?
    my agenda is simply against the hack of martial arts thru buisness marketting, money making, egocentric instructors, and the general, pointless "categorization" of styles into who-what-why-how-when is/are better than someone elses... it's that age old debate that i am attacking and if you notice, it is only those who somehow broadcast this mentality and attitude that i tend to get irritated with and find myself launching an onslaught against them for it... these folks that irk me are the ones that throw out personal insults to others because they seemingly do not meet up to their preconcieved set of standards. it's like they believe that unless you are a paying student in some Mcdojo somewhere or if you don't fight in sanctioned "sport" fights, that you are somehow inferior in the martial arts world - which truly has become nothing more than another way to make a buck... there is no respect from these so called sifu-sensei-teacher-masters... they lash out at others without shame and without remorse, so i have to wonder why i am expected to treat them with respect in return? respect is a two way deal... people walking around with their noses held high, measuring themselves up to each other according to how long they train, with who, how many dvd's they have put out, how many medals they have one - typical machoman attitude, yet then they get all bent out of shape when i smash into them and they resort to TRYING (not doing)to get under my skin with childish name calling and other forms of immaturity... i am simply reflecting their persona back at them and it seems that most do not like the taste of their own medicine they like to freely dish out... it is said that a truly great man is measured on how he treats seemingly inferior men and having said that i hope that this helps to shed some understanding on innate anger and vehemence that i carry with me... just the other day i was asked by this very old man to tie his shoes for him in the supermarket because he couldn't bend over and do it for himself - i nearly had tears in my eyes when i put down my child in the meat department so i could bend my knee for him... i suppose i like to draw out the worst in people because in the end, they will ultimately stop and look at themselves somewhere down their own personal journey in this most wonderful life... i am not looking for vaildation or acceptance, i know who i am, where i am going, and what my life purpose is... people are in for a real eye opener soon and it irks me that most are so self-absorbed to notice the fruit of the tree that is nearly ripe for the picking. sometimes i would like to smack everyone i meet if i knew it would wake them up out of their dream world of false security, material greed, and the grasping for power and control over others... people have the divine spark of "all there is" within them, acknowledging this amounts to enlightenment - everything we outwardly seek resides within each of us... when i look upon the martial arts, i don't see fighters duking it out in the ring somewhere to prove who is more of a man, i see wisdom and understanding that is freely available simply by watching nature... in this world there is pain, suffering, and violence because people have forgotten themselves... once we, as a collective species, wake up to our true purpose, we will once again realize that we are nothing more than spiritual beings having a human experience... my purpose is to help nudge everyone along on their respective journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    actually i was inspired by lkfmdc to start this... he has made me stop and take a look at myself in the reflection of the still pond inbetween the stone throwing...

Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    I think Uki just needs to get laid.
    LOL... i have three children and another on the way and recently my girlfriend is going thru those most wonderful hormone changes that have allowed me to effectively "get laid" more in the last month than i am usually used to.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    ... people walking around with their noses held high, measuring themselves up to each other according to how long they train, with who, how many dvd's they have put out, how many medals they have one - typical machoman attitude, yet then they get all bent out of shape when i smash into them and they resort to TRYING (not doing)to get under my skin with childish name calling and other forms of immaturity... i am simply reflecting their persona back at them and it seems that most do not like the taste of their own medicine they like to freely dish out...

Ok, you're a stupid shit. STFU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Ok, you're a stupid shit. STFU.
    i would expect nothing less from you...

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    ... i am not looking for vaildation or acceptance, i know who i am, where i am going, and what my life purpose is... people are in for a real eye opener soon and it irks me that most are so self-absorbed to notice the fruit of the tree that is nearly ripe for the picking. sometimes i would like to smack everyone i meet if i knew it would wake them up out of their dream world of false security, material greed, and the grasping for power and control over others... people have the divine spark of "all there is" within them, acknowledging this amounts to enlightenment - everything we outwardly seek resides within each of us... when i look upon the martial arts, i don't see fighters duking it out in the ring somewhere to prove who is more of a man, i see wisdom and understanding that is freely available simply by watching nature... in this world there is pain, suffering, and violence because people have forgotten themselves... once we, as a collective species, wake up to our true purpose, we will once again realize that we are nothing more than spiritual beings having a human experience... my purpose is to help nudge everyone along on their respective journey.

How do you resist the urge to repeatedly hit yourself in the face with a hammer, you emo, drama-queen, superficial, self-important clown?

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    I would expect nothing less from you...

Stop being a self-absorbed clown and you might get more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    How do you resist the urge to repeatedly hit yourself in the face with a hammer, you emo, drama-queen, superficial, self-important clown?
    you are just a ray of sunshine aren't you...