Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TMA Full Contact event in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Even at the unfortunate event of my friend's funneral, the talk was that the new NY commissioner has come in with the specific agenda of shutting down all unregulated, unsanctioned shows.
    simply because there is no money to be made by the state from it.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    simply because there is no money to be made by the state from it.
    you should really stick to things you know about....

what is it you actually know something about?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

you should really stick to things you know about....
    it's all about money bub... this much i know - same reason pot is illegal, same reason herbal medicines are becoming illegal, same reason for everything the local, state, or federal government gets involved with - they want a slice of the pie or there is no bake sale. period.
    what is it you actually know something about?
    my understanding would short circuit your small fuse box pal.

Do you ever post something that contributes to this forum?

Do you want to know why unregulared shows are bad? Not a huge goverment conspiracy, not aliens, not forced vaccinations

They are dangerous
    NO insurance to proctect fighters
    Often no weigh ins
    Often gross mis-matches
    Often no safety rules
    Poorly trained refs. or no refs at all
    NO reporting of injuries to commission
    there is actually A LONG LIST

really, your glip, uninformed statements are a waste of time, can't you find something else to do except take up space here?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Do you ever post something that contributes to this forum?
    of course, you're just too blind to see it.
    They are dangerous
    NO insurance to proctect fighters
    Often no weigh ins
    Often gross mis-matches
    Often no safety rules
    Poorly trained refs. or no refs at all
    NO reporting of injuries to commission
    there is actually A LONG LIST
    am i supposed to have pity on egocentric guys and gals that feel the need to prove themselves all the time?? i say let the idiots fight if they want to... if they get killed or maimed thats one less fool humanity has to deal with.
    really, your glip, uninformed statements are a waste of time,
    a highly subjective statement... the same can be said about making money teaching people to beat someone else up.
    can't you find something else to do except take up space here?
    i have plenty of other things that i do also... i enjoy myself immensely on these forums... what - am i bothering you?

of course, you're just too blind to see it.
    seeing things that don't actually exist is the sign of a mental disorder

am i supposed to have pity on egocentric guys and gals that feel the need to prove themselves all the time??
    I suspect that you, like most people who dabble in questions/fake "kung fu" know you have no real skills and you resent those who actually fight.

IE that is really YOUR problem...

i have plenty of other things that i do also.
    bathing is clearly not one of them

seeing things that don't actually exist is the sign of a mental disorder
    missing the obvious is a sign of spiritual blindness.
    I suspect that you, like most people who dabble in questions/fake "kung fu" know you have no real skills and you resent those who actually fight.
    your definition of kung fu is quite different than mine... that much is obvious.
    IE that is really YOUR problem...
    i have no problems, only solutions.
    bathing is clearly not one of them.
    awwwww... big bad fighter guy is scared of body odor and a little bit of dirt under his nails.

missing the obvious is a sign of spiritual blindness.
    OMG, Uki is the Messiah!
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Sounds like a good idea.

Two suggestions:
    1) No head gear. If ground game is allowed there's no way its not shifting or popping off. If a fighter is not comfortable fighting without the head gear they shouldn't go to something like this because they very well may face amore seasoned guy who is.

2) You have to change that ultimate weight class. A 187 guy should not have to face off with a 220 lbs regardless of how few people are drawn. It's not fair.

187- 197
    198 to 210
    211-220
    221-245
    245- and up

Let the big guys fight men their own size.

Also curious, is this a tournament with multiple fights? Or just one fight?

How long were the rounds? Ring or cage?

This sounds like something TCMA could use but you should try to sanction it. Move it to Jersey if you have to. But then it may draw MMA folks and TCMA guys will probably back out by the bushel.

Oh well. There's plenty of venues in NJ and Conn for guys that want it.

Best of luck. Keep everyone safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Also curious, is this a tournament with multiple fights? Or just one fight?

How long were the rounds? Ring or cage?

This sounds like something TCMA could use but you should try to sanction it. Move it to Jersey if you have to. But then it may draw MMA folks and TCMA guys will probably back out by the bushel.

Oh well. There's plenty of venues in NJ and Conn for guys that want it.

Best of luck. Keep everyone safe.
    I talked to the guys who are holding the event and they says it's not MMA. I remember fighting in the Fu Jow Pai events which allowed elbows, knees, and no more than 2 or 3 strikes to an opponent on the ground. I fought Jonas Nunez in one of those tournys. The fights were held in the auditorium at the school right near Confucius Plaza. I guess it was legal then.
    btw, I'm going to Fajardo to work out with some WC guys in Sept. Where on the Island are you?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

They may not be calling it MMA, but the rules (what they are allowing) seem to put them in the MMA catagory. Submissions and striking, headgear or not, is considered MMA. From what I hear, schools can get closed down for hosting these events.

I'm sure they go on all the time, but it would seem like advertising it on the web would increase the chances of getting found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    They may not be calling it MMA, but the rules (what they are allowing) seem to put them in the MMA catagory. Submissions and striking, headgear or not, is considered MMA. From what I hear, schools can get closed down for hosting these events.

I'm sure they go on all the time, but it would seem like advertising it on the web would increase the chances of getting found out.
    I did ask if it was alright to post the event and was told it was OK. Hopefully everything will work out fine for them.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I'm in Playa Jobos, Isabella. Holler if you want to hang. It's an amazing place and there's actually a lot of good MA down here. Lots of good judo, BJJ, kick boxing and boxing. Lots of Kung Fu clubs too. The guy I just lost too studies with a kung fu guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    I'm in Playa Jobos, Isabella. Holler if you want to hang. It's an amazing place and there's actually a lot of good MA down here. Lots of good judo, BJJ, kick boxing and boxing. Lots of Kung Fu clubs too. The guy I just lost too studies with a kung fu guy.
    My 2nd wife was from Isabella. I'll pm you when I get a flight. It would be good to meet some other KF people on the Island.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr