Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP David Carradine

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I confess, I am part of the secret ninja death cult. I killed both Bruce Lee and David Carradine. But Carradine was tough so I got help from Chuck Norris' beard
    No statute of limitations on murder dude and here we have a confession?
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Well it's certainly getting more interesting;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWMZeD_x28Q

Sorry Kwaichang if this is blowing your image of DC...
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

Quote Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
    ??????????????? what yu talkin bout willis ??? KC
    Unsettled Matters
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

hi
    if jackie chan or jet li died i would be very sad and cry
    david carridine
    hmm

nope
    Last edited by bawang; 06-11-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Why would what a lot of shock jocks have to say trouble me. They are just riding the wave of hope for more money. Does Rush Limpball mean anything to you?? KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

Thumbs up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5kBq...ture=rec-HM-r2

my fave episode.

the grasshopper.

classic.

That was a classic. Too bad his Shaolin wasn't good enough to fight off the New World Order/Ninja Death Cult.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Maybe this has been posted already and I just missed it:

An independent autopsy appears to indicate David Carradine DID NOT commit suicide!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525866,00.html?mrp

i think most of us suspected as much.

now the real question is; what crazy bruce lee nut finally did him in...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Greetings,

The FBI are assisting the Thai police in looking for a tall, lanky, Black man, a well known martial artist, from the New York City area. He was spotted by a hotel room cleaner the morning before David Carradine's body was found. The attendant told the police that the man was wearing a blue frog buttoned jacket, a large Chinese style rickshaw hat and a pair of Nike's. She elaborated that this person knocked on Carradine's door, and as the door partly opened the suspect gave out a loud blood curdling cry and pushed himself in. Screams were heard as well as a "Lord help me Jes..." (attendant was brought up Christian for two years, so she understood this phrase for some reason) before there was silence. One FBI member assigned to the case got a hunch and showed her a few film clips of a guy who posts on youtube. Upon seeing the suspect the attendant started shaking uncontrollably and urinated on herself (the urine ate through the chair) while pointing at the screen shouting "Yawsheeif fayyy!," repeatedly.

Her cry was taken to a master linguist who spent 72 hours trying to figure it out. He then experienced a breakthrough: that what she was saying was what the suspect was saying and he was able to break it down-- "Your Sh!t is Fake!"

a mickey original
    Last edited by mickey; 06-12-2009 at 05:41 PM.

over 700 articles on this

There's even youtube vid

Hundreds pay respects at Carradine funeral
    June 15, 2009

Under gloomy and overcast skies, hundreds of people gathered to honor actor David Carradine at a sprawling hillside cemetery in Los Angeles Saturday. More than 400 guests -- including Lucy Liu, Tom Selleck, Daryl Hannah, James Cromwell and Rob Schneider -- attended the funeral, which came a week after the 72-year-old actor was found hanging in a Bangkok hotel room June 4. Carradine is probably best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine on three seasons of the 1970s hit show "Kung Fu" and for his stellar work in Quentin Tarantino's two-part "Kill Bill" saga. Programs handed out to guests included a photo of a smiling Carradine in a tuxedo on the cover and sketch of the actor on the back. Song selections included The Beatles "Let It Be" and Beethoven's "Requiem for a Fallen Hero."
    Carradine's family, friends pay last respects
    Anthony McCartney, Associated Press
    Monday, June 15, 2009

(06-15) 04:00 PDT Los Angeles --

Hundreds gathered to honor David Carradine at a sprawling hillside cemetery on Saturday during a funeral that was attended by family, former co-stars and other Hollywood friends.

The invitation-only services were held indoors at the Hall of Liberty at Forest Lawn-Hollywood Hills, a 400-acre cemetery laid out adjacent to Los Angeles' Griffith Park.

Mostly gloomy skies prevailed outside, with cold blasts of wind sweeping across the cemetery. The funeral lasted more than two hours, and as more than 400 mourners left, clouds parted in the west, offering a magnificent sunset.

Guests gathered and hugged outside the hall, where security ensured only invited guests gained entry.

They gathered more than a week after Carradine, 72, was found hanging in a Bangkok hotel room on June 4. Thai authorities continue to investigate his death. A statement released Thursday by a private pathologist said suicide had been ruled out as a cause of death.

Carradine's family stayed out of sight from a small group of reporters and cameras. His burial was private. Brothers Keith and Robert Carradine asked for privacy and understanding while the family mourned in a statement released on Thursday.

Keith Carradine briefly appeared outside before the service and greeted some people before heading back inside.

Among the hundreds of guests were numerous actors, including Michael Madsen, Jane Seymour, Tom Selleck, Frances Fisher, Daryl Hannah, Lucy Liu, Edward James Olmos, Ali Larter and James Cromwell. Rob Schneider also attended, carrying a basket of flowers.

Madsen and Liu both starred alongside Carradine in Quentin Tarantino's two-part "Kill Bill" saga. Carradine married his fifth wife, Annie Bierman, at Madsen's home in 2004.

Carradine is perhaps best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine on three seasons of the 1970s hit show "Kung Fu." His role in popular culture was cemented by the time he left the show in 1975.

He later went on to star in the cult flick "Death Race 2000" in 1975 and in Ingmar Bergman's "The Serpent's Egg" in 1977, but by the 1980s his career arc had moved to lower-budget fare.

Tarantino's "Kill Bill" films offered Carradine a career resurgence.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

In the wake of Caine...

I've received a few queries from freelancers eager to write something along these lines. So far, they are all sort of the same - sort of like this - writers ruminating about the effect Caine had on their lives. No major epiphanies really.

Understanding China takes time
    www.chinaview.cn 2009-06-15 10:26:38

BEIJING, June 15 -- Little Stumpy Mobbs charges me like a wounded bull, swinging his arms, kicking his legs and screaming "Ah yaaaa!" I duck from his crazy moves before striking back. He tumbles, but rebounds taunting me with the sign of the praying mantis - a sign of certain death.

"Ah Grasshopper," my 8-year-old schoolmate replies.

"I have taught you a lot, but now the student must submit to the master."

In the mid 1970s, millions of kids like me were hooked on the genre breaking martial arts/western TV show Kung Fu, starring the recently departed David Carradine.

May he rest in peace.

Kung Fu was one of the most influential English-language TV shows to reveal the mysteries of old China. At that time, China was still caught in the fog of the "cultural revolution" (1966-76), and was not widely accessible to the rest of the world.

Kung Fu transported me, and countless millions of other children, into the world of Chinese culture for the very first time, a world of ancient wisdom and roundhouse sidekicks.

These first impressions were long lasting, and on reflection, I packed many of these boyhood memories into my suitcase when I moved to China three years ago.

Carradine played a Shaolin monk by the name of Kwai Chang Kaine (aka Grasshopper), who escaped to America's wild west in the 1800s after killing the Chinese emperor's nephew.

Grasshopper's daily routine was beating up bad cowboys and passing on his Buddhist philosophy to those in need. "Ah Grasshopper!" was a phrase bandied around school grounds before you clobbered your classmate before ending up in detention.

Each Kung Fu episode contained a flashback to the Shaolin Temple where Kaine would recall a pearl of wisdom from the old Buddhist master Po.

"Patience, Grasshopper. An angry man is only a fearful man. Conquer your fears and you can conquer everything."

Kaine would pass this knowledge to a farmer being terrorized by the bad guys. Kaine would then systematically kick all their butts.

For most people under 30, Carradine is best known for his role of Bill in Quentin Tarrantino's Kill Bill movies, in which he makes fun of his Kung Fu persona. The flute-playing scene where he tells the story of the five-finger death punch is a classic example.

Carradine appeared in more than 200 movies but for me, the 72-year-old American will always be Kung Fu, one of the most influential ambassadors of Chinese culture to the West.

Grasshopper was a nice guy and tried to help people whenever he could in between opening a can of whoop ass. The fact he wasn't Chinese makes this role a little strange.

I came to China with many preconceptions, which began with Kung Fu, but have developed a much fuller understanding, discovering so much diversity in view points, customs and even physical appearances.

But I've only scratched the surface, and the Middle Kingdom, as the old China hands will tell you, is always a work in progress.

(Source: China Daily)
    Editor: Chris
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i think most of us suspected as much.

now the real question is; what crazy bruce lee nut finally did him in...
    The fact he didn't commit suicide doesn't automatically mean someone else killed him.

I'm still leaning towards the death by misadventure conclusion which is gonna come out.

Meaning, he did kill himself, but not intentionally. He was involved in a fetishistic sex game and consequently succumbed to auto erotic asphyxiation.

there could have been someone else who fled the scene when things went bad.

But, he's not a threat to any organized crime syndicates. He's a celebrity...or was a celebrity, who spent quite a lot of time dealing with drug and alcohol problems.

Making movies and inspirational TV shows is what actors do, not who they are. It's important to remember that.

'He'll always be..." this or that is called projecting your own desires onto someone else.

Take his death for what it is. In a lot of senses, it is fitting for him to meet his end in such a way. He lived an interesting life and had an interesting death.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

well, ya, i was really just kidding around.

personally im not a fan of dc, never really got into his stuff.

kill bill was cool, but then i think the best scenes are with sonny chiba

For most people under 30, Carradine is best known for his role of Bill in Quentin Tarrantino's Kill Bill movies, in which he makes fun of his Kung Fu persona. The flute-playing scene
    apparently, the author of the above piece didn't get that the FLUTE part was a tribute to the notoriously aweful "circle of Iron" (aka "the silent flute")
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....