Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Evans/Rampage TUF 10

looks like kimbos about to ko big country in the preview clip
    hopefully he does

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

I think ppl are starting to respect Kimbo. I think he has shown a side that ppl weren't familiar with. It seems like he is a humble guy, and I know a few ppl who have met him and said he really is like that.

I hope he proves the naysayers wrong. I don't like how in the house everyone is talking about getting a piece of Kimbo. What the heck did Kimbo ever do to anyone to **** them off that much, and to get that many haters. Dude never said he was the best or run his mouth.

yeah but notice they talked **** about kimbo when he wasnt there?

Quote Originally Posted by dcrjradmonish View Post
    I thought at one time some one said that Seth P the guy who beat kimbo on elite xc was going to be on this season ultimate fighter as well. Either it was BS or i made a mistake. Would be cool if some one was not able to fight and they brought him on and it ended up being kimbo vs. Seth in a rematch in the final. Wishful thinking maybe.
    I think what you may have heard was that he was on TUF already. I think he was on season 2 and didn't win.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Da^^^^it!!!!!

i don't even know what to say...that was not Kimbo out there

it definitely looks like team rampage spent too much time focusing on defense and not enough on offense...got kimbo too concerned with defending the takedown that he didn't have an offensive game dialed in. that one leg kick by kimbo in the first round was good and he should have thrown more of them.

i am sad.

but, there was some foreshadowing...so, we'll see in the end.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

country used the most bs underhanded way of winning a fight ive ever seen!!!!

girly taps to the TOP OF THE HEAD which is supposed to be illegal!!!!!
    i mean come the **** on really??!!! they stopped it for that kimbo even got right up!!!!

this whole things fishy to me and how they made next episode to look like kimbo will be back in its liek something out of a rocky movie!

all we need now is for kimbo to start drinking heavily in the house and looking unkempt and have some elderly old man come up to him and say in a raspy voice" i didnt hear the bell the fights not over" lol!!! then have kimbo have an epiphany and come back and knock everybody out

i smell one giant set up on tuf

kimbo though the fight got caught up in listening to rampage's defensive stuff when all he really needed to know was how to get off his back. Thats all i would have had him working on, sprawl, shrimp, get up throw bombs REPEAT
    "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight."-Psalms 144:1

"I Am The Punishment Of God, If You Had Not Committed Great Sins, God Would Not Have Sent A Punishment Like Me Upon You"-Genghis Khan

"The light of the eyes is a comet, And ones' activity is as lightning, The sword that kills the man; is the sword that saves the man"

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    yeah nelson got him in that crusifix 2 times and was only thinking about holding him there till the ref. stopped it. I believe Nelson didn't want any part of the stand up, and decided his best bet was for the ground. Kimbo still has a lot of ground game to cover, bet he works on his side mount escapes.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post

i mean come the **** on really??!!! they stopped it for that kimbo even got right up!!!!

this whole things fishy to me and how they made next episode to look like kimbo will be back in its liek something out of a rocky movie!

all we need now is for kimbo to start drinking heavily in the house and looking unkempt and have some elderly old man come up to him and say in a raspy voice" i didnt hear the bell the fights not over" lol!!! then have kimbo have an epiphany and come back and knock everybody out

i smell one giant set up on tuf
    The ref stops a fight when the fighter can no longer intelligently defend himself, having both arms trapped and getting hit repeatedly in the head sort of mean he can’t defend himself lol

Right or wrong those are the rules and chubby used them to good effect

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    yeah nelson got him in that crusifix 2 times and was only thinking about holding him there till the ref. stopped it. I believe Nelson didn't want any part of the stand up, and decided his best bet was for the ground. Kimbo still has a lot of ground game to cover, bet he works on his side mount escapes.
    How many years has he been training MMA now? (Wasn’t his first fight in 2007?)

You would have thought his ground game would have come on a bit I mean its not like Nelson was ever going to trade with slice, he did what anyone with a bit of sense would do, take his down and beat him were he is a fish out of water

They are already playing up the fact that Kimbo will be back and will replace someone who gets hurt. As for the Nelson fight, yeah, Roy won, but since I hate lay and pray fighters I can't really give him a lot of credit. The thing is the UFC wants fighters who are going to entertain and put on a show that fans (many of which do not study martial arts and don't know sh*t about it) will enjoy. It is their income. So I understand why White *****es at guys like Nelson who lay their fat a*ss on top of someone and wait for the ref to stop the fight, because no one wants to see that. Hell, I love to see a good ground war with GNP or great technical submissions, but hate when a fighter does what Nelson did. (Kind of like Matt Hughes does now) Anyway, good for Kimbo for stepping up and we will see him fight again before this season is over.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Roy might have several fights in under a month, so why on earth risk anything, if lay and pray wins the fight and is legal, who not use it?

He didn’t need great G and P or technical subs... He was fighting a total fish out of water, why risk getting reversed or an injury... he is looking to get to the final and win, not impress in the first round

If Dana hates it so much change the rules and make the sport ultimate kick boxing with no ground work. Or limit mat time to a few seconds, he can't help make the rules then ***** and moan when someone wins using them.

No doubt we will see Kimbo back, he is worth way too much to the UFC, but if after several years of training and 5 pro fights that’s how good his wrestling and BJJ is then they had better really hand pick his opponents (or as elite did offer them incentives not to go to the ground )

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post

Hitting the top of the head is not illegal. Hitting the back of the head is illegal.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Roy might have several fights in under a month, so why on earth risk anything, if lay and pray wins the fight and is legal, who not use it?

He didn’t need great G and P or technical subs... He was fighting a total fish out of water, why risk getting reversed or an injury... he is looking to get to the final and win, not impress in the first round

If Dana hates it so much change the rules and make the sport ultimate kick boxing with no ground work. Or limit mat time to a few seconds, he can't help make the rules then ***** and moan when someone wins using them.

No doubt we will see Kimbo back, he is worth way too much to the UFC, but if after several years of training and 5 pro fights that’s how good his wrestling and BJJ is then they had better really hand pick his opponents (or as elite did offer them incentives not to go to the ground )
    I don't blame Nelson for how he fought what so ever, just saying it makes for a boring fight and people don't want to see that. Argue until your blue in the face and it still does not mean Nelson is an exciting fighter. As for Kimbo, yes, he was a fish out of water who was facing a BJJ black belt who has submitted Frank Mir and went the distance with Jeff Monson, how many people do you think could actually hang on the ground with Roy Nelson, especially in that house. I think Kimbo is going to suprise some people in the future.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.