Thread: Best remedy for Swine Flu? H1N1

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Local news is important...

For global issues, the net is best I think.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/l..._1918_flu.html
    yes, i agree with this statement.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'm going to start looking at air fares for this summer. After Biden said it was unsafe to travel by air I'm sure we're going to see some good deals!

The flu itself? Not concerned. If I get it I just get it.

The general consensus is that Tamiflu is the best drug to counter the virus.
    Sounds like another collaboration of sorts to stimulate Big Pharmaceuticals pockets. Media hype+gullible sheeple= $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by banditshaw View Post
    The general consensus is that Tamiflu is the best drug to counter the virus.
    Sounds like another collaboration of sorts to stimulate Big Pharmaceuticals pockets. Media hype+gullible sheeple= $$$.
    The swine flu actually started when the shooter from the grassy knoll teamed up with Elvis and the Men in Black to create a biological superweapon for the sole purpose of discrediting Obama's first term in office.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

It's all a bid to kill the Mexican economy so Chrysler and GM can close all their plants there.

Notice how there is no talk in the media about the torture memos anymore too?

But I've said too much already.

I vote we call it the mmmmmpocalypse!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I read that swine flu will be worse or stronger than SARS.

mask, washing hand

---

FYI, tamiflu gives your BBQ sauce a nice zing.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It's all a bid to kill the Mexican economy so Chrysler and GM can close all their plants there.

Notice how there is no talk in the media about the torture memos anymore too?

But I've said too much already.

I vote we call it the mmmmmpocalypse!
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Word to the wise. If you do plan on starting a global conspiracy, make sure your staff doesn't accidentally get infected in the process.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

It's back...

Actually it never really went away.

HEALTH NEWS JUNE 29, 2020 / 8:06 PM / UPDATED A DAY AGO
    China study warns of possible new 'pandemic virus' from pigs
    David Stanway
    3 MIN READ

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - A new flu virus found in Chinese pigs has become more infectious to humans and needs to be watched closely in case it becomes a potential “pandemic virus”, a study said, although experts said there is no imminent threat.

A team of Chinese researchers looked at influenza viruses found in pigs from 2011 to 2018 and found a “G4” strain of H1N1 that has “all the essential hallmarks of a candidate pandemic virus”, according to the paper, published by the U.S. journal, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS).

Pig farm workers also showed elevated levels of the virus in their blood, the authors said, adding that “close monitoring in human populations, especially the workers in the swine industry, should be urgently implemented”.

The study highlights the risks of viruses crossing the species barrier into humans, especially in densely populated regions in China, where millions live close to farms, breeding facilities, slaughterhouses and wet markets.

The current coronavirus sweeping the world is believed to have originated in horseshoe bats in southwest China and could have spread to humans via a seafood market in the central city of Wuhan, where the virus was first identified.

The World Health Organization (WHO) will read the Chinese study carefully, spokesman Christian Lindmeier told a Geneva briefing on Tuesday, saying it was important to collaborate on findings and keep tabs on animal populations.

“It also highlights we cannot let our guard down on influenza and need to be vigilant and continue surveillance even in the coronavirus pandemic,” he added.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told a daily news conference on Tuesday that China was closely following developments. “We will take all necessary measures to prevent the spread and outbreak of any virus,” he said.

The study said pigs were considered important “mixing vessels” for the generation of pandemic influenza viruses and called for “systematic surveillance” of the problem.

China took action against an outbreak of avian H1N1 in 2009, restricting incoming flights from affected countries and putting tens of thousands of people into quarantine.

The new virus identified in the study is a recombination of the 2009 H1N1 variant and a once prevalent strain found in pigs.

But while it is capable of infecting humans, there is no imminent risk of a new pandemic, said Carl Bergstrom, a biologist at the University of Washington.

“There’s no evidence that G4 is circulating in humans, despite five years of extensive exposure,” he said on Twitter. “That’s the key context to keep in mind.”

More than 10.3 million people have been reported to be infected by the novel coronavirus globally and 504,269​ have died, according to a Reuters tally.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart