Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: FOX News Mocks Canadian Military

OT: FOX News Mocks Canadian Military

Well then:

Fox News mocks Canadian military
    Outrage after panel rips war effort
    By KATHLEEN HARRIS and ALTHIA RAJ, NATIONAL BUREAU

American TV panelists mocked the Canadian military after Canadian Forces Chief of Land Staff Gen. Andrew Leslie told a Senate committee the military would need a one-year break from operations after the mission in Afghanistan winds down in 2011. (Sun Media/Dharm Makwana)

Are you offended by a show on Fox News mocking the Canadian military?

OTTAWA -- As Canadians mourn the loss of four more fallen soldiers in Afghanistan, a videotaped segment of an American TV talk show where panelists mock Canadian soldiers as slackers is making the rounds on the Internet.

The five-minute segment, which aired recently on Fox News late-night program Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld and later posted on YouTube.com, features American panelists suggesting Canadian soldiers need time off for "manicures and pedicures."

The item aired after Gen. Andrew Leslie, the Canadian Forces Chief of Land Staff, told a Senate committee the military would need a one-year break from operations after the mission in Afghanistan winds down in 2011.

"The Canadian military wants to take a breather to do some yoga, paint landscapes, run on the beach in gorgeous white capri pants," Gutfeld said with a sneer.

Another panelist Doug Benson said he was unaware Canadian troops were on the ground in Afghanistan.

"I didn't even know they were in the war. I thought that's where you go if you don't want to fight - you go chill in Canada," he said.

The segment has been posted online
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Now, as some of you know, I did my time, in Bosnia as a Peackeeper, some may even know HOW i did that time.
    Irrelevant other than to state that I have been there and done that.
    In the Stand Canadian Snipers have made a name for themselves, making even a record shot of 2,430 metres.
    We have lost over 100 soldiers fighting that interesting little conflict.
    Now, I may have some serious issues with the Canadiam Military COMPLEX, but NO ONE has ever had ANY issues with Canadian Soldiers.
    I wonder where in Afghanistan the people on FOX news were serving?

it shouldnt be called Fox news it should be called Dog news
    because whenever i see it on tv all i hear is wang wang wang, wang wang wang

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

The Canadians support us in war. Fox needs to back the f' off.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The Canadians support us in war. Fox needs to back the f' off.
    Truly, it isn't our war, we really shouldn't be there, yet, we support our southern brothers and neighbours, and this is the thanks we get?
    Seriously.
    Is there anyone with a brain at Fox news?

Frankly the Canadian forces is largely trained for peacekeeping operations. Despite that they have played a large role in some of the worst combat zones in Afghanistan.

Canadians have fought and died in Afghanistan.

And frankly a one year break from international operations is not just right for reasons of global peace but also right for all those soldiers who have taken time away from their families and put their lives at danger

fighting a war that is not ours!

I don't support the war in Afghanistan, we should not be there, but I do support the brave men and women of the Canadian armed forces and they have earned a year in their home country, a year with their a families, a year where they aren't being shot at, bombed by their titular allies and enemies alike.

If Fox News doesn't like that than the whole effing lot of them can enlist and go put their **** money where their mouths are.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

1. fox news is a joke.

2. canada has a military?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

screw fox, it is an inflammatory group of idiots mouthing off in order to casue a stir and create an audience.

in actuality, the entire network is a tool of neo-con agenda making.

While they are entitled to their opinion, they are not entitled to my watching them.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

u know who else pises me off
    that guy glenn beck
    VERY ANGRY FACE

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    2. canada has a military?
    We do. And our regular infantry routinely beats most of your elite groups at wargames when they get together.

Canada's military is not as well equipped as the American one, it is much smaller (we have 1/10th your population) and are mostly underpaid but they are very well trained.

Glen Beck should be in a mental hospital because he is insane.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    We do. And our regular infantry routinely beats most of your elite groups at wargames when they get together.

Canada's military is not as well equipped as the American one, it is much smaller (we have 1/10th your population) and are mostly underpaid but they are very well trained.

Glen Beck should be in a mental hospital because he is insane.
    I've had the chance to go up against and train with some of our American friends and some of the commonwealth countries, we hold are own
    We are grossly underfunded and under appreciated in our own home, but highly respected where it counts, by fellow military personnel in different countries.

To start with you Canadians deserve what you get for getting involved in Bush's war.

Also, do you think the American military has respect for anybody else in the world? I hope the Canadians are not that stupid.

Again, I don't support the war in Afghanistan. However the Canadian Army has done a lot of good in a lot of places and I'm not going to attack them whole-cloth just because the Liberals and the Conservatives bowed to peer pressure and put our army somewhere it shouldn't be.

Instead I'll keep pointing out that we should not be in Afghanistan, that it is not Canada's war, that it is not something that benefits Canadians, that it is not a place where we are fulfilling our most appropriate role (as peace keepers), and that the Canadian Army would be better off going to places where peace keepers were needed or staying at home to provide disaster relief - something they are exceptionally adept at.

But I am pretty sure that the disrespect in this thread came from Fox News and not from the US armed forces.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    To start with you Canadians deserve what you get for getting involved in Bush's war.

Also, do you think the American military has respect for anybody else in the world? I hope the Canadians are not that stupid.
    Have you served in the Canadian or American military?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Have you served in the Canadian or American military?

I have better sense than that.