Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: FOX News Mocks Canadian Military

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Because the conservative government that currently is elected in Canada tended to toady to Bush and although the Iraq war was too grossly unpopular to get involved in the conservatives were able to placate most Canadians with the 2011 withdrawal date based on the assertion that we WOULD be leaving if not right away.

Sort of like what Obama did over Iraq.
    Oversimplification, but correct.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I'm not in a mood for page-long philosophical argument today so, yes, I provided a simplistic outline of the issue.

I figured it'd be sufficient to answer Bolderdawg's question.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I'm not in a mood for page-long philosophical argument today so, yes, I provided a simplistic outline of the issue.

I figured it'd be sufficient to answer Bolderdawg's question.
    Well, aren't we being the little ***** !
    LOL !

the objective for Afghanistan was not achieved for america, mainly because bush was a horrible leader. he overextended the millitary instead of concentrating all our efforts on Afghanistan and eradicating the Taliban and al queda, and capturing bin laden. they found saddam in a ****ing whole in west bubble **** iraq and you telling me they cant find bin laden, come the **** on. my father was a marine colonel, he was at the pentagon when the plain crashed into it, even thou people say that there is a strong possibility that that didnt happen, and i wouldnt put it pass my dad to lie to me. but anyway one thing he always taught me and it has suited me is that you always kill an ant with a sledge hammer, that way you know its not coming back.and that should have been the case with al queda and the taliban, instead we are fighting a protracted war on two fronts, with no end in sight. i think obama is being a little to unrealistic about his military withdrawal. more time is needed. a powerful blow has to hit the terrorist we have to cripple them, we cant destroy them completely but we have to hit them in a way where they will be seriously hampered. freezing bank accounts aint gonna do it. these guys deal in cash/gold and diamonds. i spent a year in africa, wondering around the continent with my grand father, and what i saw is that these guys smuggle gold and diamonds at next to nothing prices(i bought a solid gold watch for 300 american and sold it back in the states for close to ten grand) and then sell them at cheaper then jewelry store value and still make a huge profit all in cash, and lets not forget herion and afghan kush. all cash; i remember the first reports of the iraq war was the large cache of cash they found millions of dollars all in cash. anyway i rambled on but this is a serious thorn in the worlds side.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Well, aren't we being the little ***** !
    LOL !
    best motivational poster ever.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    best motivational poster ever.

Grazie !

LOL, glad I didn't click that one at work.

Sorry I had an "annoyed by the USA" day.

It happens sometimes. Fortunately somebody asked me to name some people I thought did a better job at setting up their respective countries than the USA and I was able to vent a bit with a list of names that contained only one ludicrous entry.

Find the post and see if you can figure out which one.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post

Are you offended by a show on Fox News mocking the Canadian military?

The five-minute segment, which aired recently on Fox News late-night program Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld

You know that's a comedy show, right? Not meant, by any stretch, to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    One other thing: I've done some interviewing and hiring in the past. One question that I always ask is "Have you served in the military?'

If the answer is "No" or "Yes I did but I regret it" then you scored high in my book. If you answered "YES! I did all I could to kill as many ho-mo terrorists as I could" then is was "Thank you for your time. We'll be in touch!"
    Andi f the answer was "Yes. It was where I learned self-discipline, goal setting, team work, and tolrance for people with diverse backgrounds and opions" what goes in your little notebook?

I`ve done alot of hiring and interviewing myself. I`ve met few kids just out of high school or just out of college for that matter who were mature enough to make many good choices about what path they wanted to take in life. In contrast, I`ve met few former soldiers who didn`t have a good head on thier shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    You know that's a comedy show, right? Not meant, by any stretch, to be taken seriously.
    I thought all of Fox was... Or do you mean literally?!

Personally I think if you have the resources and the extra men to cover your military objectives wherever, allowing them to rest up for a year after being in the field of operations is the ideal, and the far more laughable option is stop-loss, ****ty treatment of veterans, poor pensions and welching on insurance and the general complete sweeping under the carpet of psychological problems and other medical issues that seems to accompany the US army every time they go out. Same as anything else: you have to look after your resources, and your army personnel are pretty vital resources.

BD, I'm no unthinking supporter of the military, but your attitude is ****. In fact, I'd go so far as to say, you're a ****. Who the **** ever gave a moron like a hiring/firing position in the first place? They should get the boot for a start.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    I thought all of Fox was... Or do you mean literally?!

That Red Eye show is a comedy program. It's not very funny, but very deliberately NOT meant to be taken seriously. So don't take it to heart.

Red Eye is a funny show, its not a news show. Its on at like 12:30am.

Lots of people make fun of Canadians in America. Kinda how Europeans and Canadians make fun of Americans. Funny how that works.

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi View Post
    Red Eye is a funny show, its not a news show. Its on at like 12:30am.

Lots of people make fun of Canadians in America. Kinda how Europeans and Canadians make fun of Americans. Funny how that works.

well ok then, i guess i'll make with the baby killer jokes and the rapist conqueror jokes then in regards to the us military. but just as a joke ok?

look, good natured ribbing is one thing, but petty shots in the dark simply aren't funny, especially not on the day when we tally our dead. That's just messed up.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Let's try this again:

IT IS A COMEDY SHOW. IT IS NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. IT IS NOT STAFFED BY A 'PANEL' OF POLITICAL ANALYSTS, IT IS A BUNCH OF STIFFS WORKING THE OVERNIGHT SHIFT TRYING TO BE FUNNY FOR THE TINY AUDIENCE THAT MIGHT BE WATCHING. IT IS NOT MEANT TO REPRESENT THE VIEWS OF THE US GOVERNMENT, PEOPLE, OR THE STATION ON WHICH IT IS AIRED. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE.

Shall we review every joke someone has made on air about the US in the past decade or so? Shall we review comments made by public officials of the various countries represented here about the US over the years and decide who is going to be more sensitive? RELAX.

Maybe you need to travel and become enlightened and calm the **** down.

The question of serving in the American or Canadian miltary has nothing to do with anything! One conviction's is to speak up accordidng (be heard) and serving in a military bears no relevance in being heard. Again, some military members attempt to ehgage in political matters that they should not be but the times have definately changed. Free people speak as they wish.

semper fi