Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: why do wing chun practitioners think wing chun is the end all be all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    that is too good. +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

dear lord, sensitive lot over there, Joy is now crying about why Tom Wong should have to prove his claims
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    well according to one WC practitioner we are all just glorified kick boxers, so what do we know about wing chun. heck it has had ground fighting in it for years and no one knew. not even the guy who started up the wing chun museum.
    And that should tell you about the sorry state of Wing Chun and kung fu in general, in this era of Mcdojos and Mckung fu.

And please read my previous post on this thread. Oh, couple of fundemental points:

A) Wing Chun is a principle and concept driven style. So use your logic and imagination in regards to that fact.

B) The Hong Kong/Yip Man lineage is not the only lineage of Wing Chun on the planet, even if most of the Western countries are peppered with the Hong Kong franchises of this style.

C) There are other kung fu styles that address groundfighting. This does not mean necessarilly that they roll on the ground for sometimes the best part of 30 minutes with their opponent in a sport scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    And that should tell you about the sorry state of Wing Chun and kung fu in general, in this era of Mcdojos and Mckung fu.

And please read my previous post on this thread. Oh, couple of fundemental points:

A) Wing Chun is a principle and concept driven style. So use your logic and imagination in regards to that fact.

B) The Hong Kong/Yip Man lineage is not the only lineage of Wing Chun on the planet, even if most of the Western countries are peppered with the Hong Kong franchises of this style.

C) There are other kung fu styles that address groundfighting. This does not mean necessarilly that they roll on the ground for sometimes the best part of 30 minutes with their opponent in a sport scenario.
    oh relax i was kidding.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    oh relax i was kidding.
    I don't think you were but I hope that you have been "enlightened" by me response.

When your ultra secret "real authentic kung fu ground fighting" gets you tapped out in under 60 seconds, there is no need for rolling for 30 minutes

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

A) Wing Chun is a principle and concept driven style.
    On this we do not disagree. However we do disagree about the consequences. People don't fight with concepts. They fight with hands and feet.

Dog boxing involves a lot of rolling and kicks from below. This does not a submission wrestling system make. And if somebody jumps on you it neutralizes it.

Aside from Dog Boxing I can't recall anything remotely resembling a ground fighting system.

Of course I remain open to you showing me next time you are in my neck of the woods.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

I don't think you were but I hope that you have been "enlightened" by me response.
    well i knew there were styles that addressed ground boxing and i know they are grappling. this is not some new secret news.

lol relax i was Kidding.......

Thumbs up

We think it is because it is!

honestly though, as for any martial art it boils down to the practitioner. I think the reason people love it so much is because it's easy to pick up enough to beat an average person... i say pick up enough because to become really really good takes time and effort. But still the basic pak sao will take you lots of places... not many other martial arts have that.

When your ultra secret "real authentic kung fu ground fighting" gets you tapped out in under 60 seconds, there is no need for rolling for 30 minutes
    Tapped out.... who cares about tapped out? Unless you are into sport fighting

Quote Originally Posted by dnovice View Post
    Tapped out.... who cares about tapped out? Unless you are into sport fighting
    we don't care if you don't tap, we'll just break your arm or choke you unconscious, if that doesn't bother you

we don't care if you don't tap, we'll just break your arm or choke you unconscious, if that doesn't bother you
    No. pls. no. i tap out.

I was hoping that you were telling the truth (for once, at least) when you said that you had me on ignore for the past 5 days or so, but I somehow knew it would be too much to ask of an UNAUTHENTIC sifu!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    On this we do not disagree. However we do disagree about the consequences. People don't fight with concepts. They fight with hands and feet.
    Really? You mean no chi blasts and magic powers?...lol,lol.

You are stating the obvious Simon and you missed my point.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM
    Dog boxing involves a lot of rolling and kicks from below. This does not a submission wrestling system make. And if somebody jumps on you it neutralizes it.
    It is very unfortunate that generations of Dog Boxing masters of the past did not realize that they could have been "neutralized" by someone simply jumping on them..lol.

If they were alive today I would have told them to use you as a kung fu consultant and of course I would have recommended them to Lkfmdc's "kung fu" DVD....[falls off chair laughing]

Aside from Dog Boxing I can't recall anything remotely resembling a ground fighting system.
    Then that must be it, if Simon doesn't know about it then it doesn't exist....lol.

It exists in the lineage of Wing Chun that I practice and it is not a "secret" technique as is jokingly implied by some knuckleheads here in the forums.

Besides if you you read my initial posts then you will see that what I said was that some kung fu styles "address" groundfighting and I did make it clear that I was not talking about submission wrestling.

Of course I remain open to you showing me next time you are in my neck of the woods.
    Christ, first it was Dale Dugas and now it is you....lol. I bet you had the same decorator that designed your houses with the "always" open doors....lol,lol.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 03-12-2009 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnovice View Post
    No. pls. no. i tap out.
    Go to any BJJ school you can find, pay a mat fee (though many will let you try a class for FREE). Grapple with them, and don't tap, see what happens.....