I remember watching The Night Stalker on Friday nights when I was about 11. If I remember correctly, it premiered in the fall of 1974 and only lasted halfway into 1975. And yes, it definitely was a heavy influence on The X-Files. IMO, the best episode of Night Stalker was probably the first; about Jack the Ripper re-appearing in Chicago. I think the show became a victim of its own premise; every week a new monster (a slime monster, a group of vampires, a Greek goddess, a werewolf, an underground giant lizard, a headless motorcyclist, an evil witch, etc.). However, I still think Kolchak was one of the great TV characters.

The show itself was a spinoff of the original TV movies The Night Stalker (about a vampire) and its sequel, The Night Strangler.

Not a vampire flick, but another quality movie I saw on TV in the '70s (can't remember what year; either 1972 or '77) was called Gargoyles. I don't know if it was made-for-TV or not. An odd thing about it was that when I saw it, there was a prologue which claimed it was based on real events(!?). It was about humans encountering gargoyle-like reptilian beings in a desert area of the American Southwest. I think it was a well-made movie, and even a bit scary at the time.

A great made-for-TV vampire flick was the film version of Stephen King's novel Salem's Lot. I saw it again recently, and it still stands up today as a good, atmospheric vampire story, and is one of the best Stephen King adaptations ever.