Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: OT: paying to withdrawl?

bank of america charges you for everything. how do you think they make their money?

don't want to get charged for everything? find a credit union, they are better with the fee's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I'm for a nationwide high school graduation test. .

it is pretty absurd how schools are today. My Sister and Brother in law are both teachers…they tell me that (for the most part) their school will pass anyone. Even when they try to fail them.

We need to go back to the days of failing kids…and making them re-take a grade till they can pass all that is required

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Remember, if they didn't have the money to do that stuff, the people that make a living selling that stuff wouldn't have jobs.
    One of the reasons of this mess we are in is people forgetting that we are all interrelated and interdepandant in terms of the economy.
    I seem to recall that there are all sorts of 'cost of business' deductions one can make from income tax for that very reason. Another reason why our complicated and byzantine tax system is better than a 'flat tax'.

I think that, if people don't want A-rod to make 36 million a year, they should stop seeing him play.
    And I don't patronize major sporting events. I watch MMA fights sometimes on youtube.

All foolishness aside I have no problem with whoever the hell A-rod is making a large salary. I just have a big problem if he doesn't pay his taxes on that big salary.

I think that making people that make more, pay more is not "distribution of wealth", its saying, you make more, get i tto the rest of us.
    Not cool.
    Unfortunately it is not the duty of government to be 'cool'. It is the duty of government to see to it that all the citizens it supports can expect the same basic quality of life. If joe-entertainment-figure has to do without another mansion in order for ten families to have heat in the winter than, well, cool or uncool I am behind that.

And I won't trust that to the vagarities of the market. Too many idiots run it.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Unfortunately it is not the duty of government to be 'cool'. It is the duty of government to see to it that all the citizens it supports can expect the same basic quality of life. If joe-entertainment-figure has to do without another mansion in order for ten families to have heat in the winter than, well, cool or uncool I am behind that.
    I agree 100%.

I seem to recall that there are all sorts of 'cost of business' deductions one can make from income tax for that very reason. Another reason why our complicated and byzantine tax system is better than a 'flat tax'.
    I have a small business, yeah, not so much bro, not so much at all.

All foolishness aside I have no problem with whoever the hell A-rod is making a large salary. I just have a big problem if he doesn't pay his taxes on that big salary.
    What % should that be?
    An shoudl that % be higher than a guy making 50K ?

Actually, it is the governments duty to be responsible with OUR money < OUR NOT THEIRS, cause it isn't theirs.
    How's our pension plan?
    How's our EI fund?
    How much money was wasted on "golf balls"?
    How about free trade?
    I can go on and on and on....

Fact is, people tend to be more responsibel than government, why?
    Because its OUR MONEY.
    When was the last time you voted your self a raise?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I have a small business, yeah, not so much bro, not so much at all.
    Current tax policy favors multinational corporations over small business owners. That is a problem. Conservative taxation policies would make it worse, not better, for small businesses. You want to know which party has the back of the small business person? The NDP (and the bloc).

What % should that be?
    An shoudl that % be higher than a guy making 50K ?
    With an income (post legitimate business expenses) of greater than 500K: 75%
    At 50K it should be less severe.

And should I ever be in the position of earning an amount of money that rediculous myself and I am not taxed to that level I'll **** well give the difference to charity. I'm somebody who intends to live by his principles.

Actually, it is the governments duty to be responsible with OUR money < OUR NOT THEIRS, cause it isn't theirs.
    Actually they ARE US (in theory). Let's work on making that a reality.

Fact is, people tend to be more responsibel than government, why?
    Because its OUR MONEY.
    When was the last time you voted your self a raise?
    The events of the last year have shown that the bankers are less responsible than the government.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Current tax policy favors multinational corporations over small business owners. That is a problem. Conservative taxation policies would make it worse, not better, for small businesses. You want to know which party has the back of the small business person? The NDP (and the bloc).
    NDP?
    What makes you think that ??

With an income (post legitimate business expenses) of greater than 500K: 75%
    At 50K it should be less severe.
    Why? why woudl they have to pay more % wise? what is the rational behind that?

The events of the last year have shown that the bankers are less responsible than the government.
    Canada is not the US, thank goodness, in that regard.
    And even then, they still have a better record than the government.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Banks employee many people?
    They loan you money.
    The government has people on their payroll that WE pay for and they TAKE our money.
    yep, no comparison.
    Actually, banks use the money we deposit to issue loans and make more money. So in a sense, we are loaning money to the banks at extremely low interest rates. This is why I have little patience for poor customer service at banks.

I want less corruption, fewer rackets and a fair market,

Or, a bigger drink of the action....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    this has been posted recently but fits here as well

NSFW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GKOqdr0-e8
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Democrats are always against standardized tests for students and teachers.

Take a guess which party the Teacher's Unions give millions to....
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    You really need to educate yourself on this topic.

Did the bankers pass the laws (like the CRA) saying banks HAD to make loans available to those who don't qualify?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Also, whose idea was Social Security?

Bankers or government

Big dummies. ATMs aren't free. Consider maintenance, installation, and the overall cost of one, not to mention that ones not belonging to your bank would clearly cost your bank extra to be able to let their customers use them. Think this one through, why don't you?

As for taxes, I'm middle of the road with that. You need to able to maintain roads, facilities, and other things necessary to allow us to continue living the way we do. I get where 1Bad is coming from with this. Tax only for necessary things. Extras often become monsters, draining billions of tax dollars. I also get where the left is coming from, though I think they exaggerate the issue.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"