Now we just have to figure out when and where...
'The Grandmaster" to release in US
By Ng Suzhen

"The Grandmaster" fights his way into cinemas in the West.

11 Feb – Director Wong Kar Wai's "The Grandmaster" has been picked up by The Weinstein Company and will soon be seen across cinemas in the Western side of the hemisphere.

Deadline.com broke the news that TWC acquired all the rights in the US and English-speaking Canadian territories from Annapurna as well as the rights to Australia, New Zealand and the UK from Wild Bunch.

"I am pleased to continue our long-time and multi-picture collaboration with TWC on "The Grandmaster". With Harvey's (Weinstein) expertise and his passion for this genre, I am confident that he and his team will reach new heights with "The Grandmaster" by cultivating hard-core action fans as well as exciting and pleasing those long-time fans of my films," said Wong.

Weinstein returned the compliments, praising Wong as an extraordinary filmmaker.

Director Wong Kar Wai's "The Grandmaster" opened at the Berlin Film Festival. Here he is seen with cast Tony Leung Chiu-Wai and Zhang Ziyi.

"The Grandmaster" tells the tale of Bruce Lee's legendary mentor, Ip Man, who crosses path with various Kung Fu masters during the Japanese invasion in the 1930s. The film stars Tony Leung Chiu-Wai as the grandmaster as well as Zhang Ziyi, Zhang Chen and Korean actress Song Hye-Kyo.

The epic premiered in the Berlin Film Festival as the opening film on 7 February.