Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown and implications of his assault on kung fu society

Chris Brown and implications of his assault on kung fu society

Well...the title may not fit the post exactly but here goes.

I heard that Chris Brown might have received a gift from Rihanna(sp?), a gift that will last a lifetime. HERPES. If she gave him herpes than I do believe that it was okay for him to attack her. Herpes doesn't go away not that I know from personal experience.

Do you all think the media is making such a big deal because Chris Brown is a male attacking a woman and society is women/children obsessed? I think so.

Is it okay to hit women? I believe it is okay to hit a woman if she attacks first and with equal amount of force that she hit you with. This I would call self defense.

Heck, if CB had studied kung fu you know the media would've come down on kung fu as being bad.

i hope you are kidding.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

hello

Why do you hope I'm kidding? Do you feel that it's okay for women to hit men but not the other way around?

Perhaps CB was defending himself. Please explain your comment

Getting herpes is not an excuse to attack someone, regardless of gender.

Aggressive behaviour is not an excuse to attack someone if you can control them through less violent means, regardless of gender.

Someone saying "let's fight under these rules with these witnesses at this location to settle this score" may be a reason to fight them, regardless of gender, if you are so inclined.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    who are Chris Brown and Rhianon?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

so are you saying that Rihanna's alleged herpes attacked Chris Brown hard enough to render him unconscious and give him a fat black eye and gnarley knots on the noggin?, and he was thusly justified to attack her allegedly?
    Self defense? from what? from an STD? And yes it is okay for women to hit men and men not to hit women. At least that's how it vastly plays out in society in general. in front of cops, judges, and "the guys". Is it fair? not really. I cannot imagine that Rihanna produced a real physical threat to Chris Brown or whoever beat her, should it not have been him. What is she, like a 115lbs maybe? If he attacked her, unless he's got a knife wound, he's a douche and deserves to get served by justice.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    who are Chris Brown and Rhianon?
    Two young pop stars who are in a relationship.
    Supposedly according to Bossip.com CB was in his lambroghini with Rihanna in the passenger seat. CB got a call from a young lady on his cell phone who has had relations with CB prior. She see's the chicks name on the phone goes apesh!t and starts to beat him while driving. He pulls over they get into it on the street and he roughs her up a bit.
    This all happened after a pre grammy party. They were supposed to perform the rihanna song"bad girl" together on stage the following night. He went on the run for a few hours until he turned himself in.

What this has to do with Kung Fu? I don't know...but there you have it.

ok

So if I gave you herpes...you would be fine with it?

I'll give you one better. If I gave your beloved honeychild beautiful only daughter herpes...and then had the balls to show up to family dinner...you wouldn't want to hurt me? Especially if you found out I knew before hand that I was infected.

Let's all stop being so BS politically correct and get into our deepest inner thoughts.

I know a guy who fights with his girlfriend all the time. She hits him constantly so one day he hit her back and put her in the hospital. He himself had been to the emergency room a few times due to her. After that incident he stopped hitting her back. The last time she swung a metal spatula at him and sliced his lip open. Blood, stiches, thousands of dollars in hospital bills later... he didn't hit her back. I know they have a dysfunctional relationship but enough is enough. Would you martial artists recommend he just stand there and let her beat him and not use any of his "self defense" skills?

Tentigers,

Chris Brown is a famous singer who was recently arrested for assaulting a woman. Allegedly there was herpes involved. Look them up on youtube.

The herpes thing sounds like BS. That's no reason to smack down your girl.
    I highly doubt that's the reason. The jealousy angle and self defence angle is more plausible.

The herpes could be BS. It's all a hypothetical situation which should get us to question our deepest morals

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Getting herpes is not an excuse to attack someone.
    what if you was married and she said she was a virgin and she wasn't...I think Jah would let **** slide. do it like OJ... write a novel!.

Would you martial artists recommend he just stand there and let her beat him and not use any of his "self defense" skills?
    -----------------

I'd say that the first time a partner (of any gender) strikes you, you leave them and never come back. Any other response/reaction is idiotic. Period.

if some **** gave me herpes, i would plan an elaborately orchestrated event to get her into bed with some guy who had a DIFFERENT STD and have her contract it from him. then we would be just about SQUARE!

i wouldnt hit her, but i bet you i would probably beat the crap out of something at home. like my punching bag.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    hasn't there been instances where people have been charged with something when they knew they had an std and gave it to someone else? don't have time to look but i think i've seen something like that in the news.

right or wrong this is classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrOPCrpoPdE

and this is funnier but nsfw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhlQ2...eature=related
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

This is why if you have half a brain cell, you use a condom every time.

Not that that's foolproof either, but the overwhelming majority of people who find themselves with an STD (not to mention the majority of "Oops pregnancies") admit that they went without. Cause and effect. <shrug>