Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum Fighter View Post
And I'm not trying to be bitter about all of this or anything like that. I would like nothing more than for Bei Shaolin to, at the very least, be considered an original Shaolin style along with all of the Lohan and various Cannon and Tongbei fist forms that are claimed to be authentic. There are, after all, many similarities between Songshan Shaolin and Bei Shaolin. This video is of Shi Yanzi demonstrating applications and postures found in both Songshan Shaolin and Bei Shaolin. His style seems very similar to that of a Bei Shaolin stylist in terms of how you would actually use Shaolin techniques. Some of those moves are basically the same ones found in the Bei Shaolin forms.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93k9svGQJ0Y
Well, it doesn't change anything at all about Kuo's legacy. it doesn't refute anything nor change the story. In fact, it supports the story of Bei Shaolin.

Bai Shaolin came from Henan Shaolin, fact.

What it most likely came from was Kanjia Quan.

Anyways, it's not anything original I came up with, there have been articles in Chinese magazines for the last 10 years stating the same thing.

Why? Because the same people are named in the linages, the forms are very similar, and the techniques are very similar.

Bei Shaolin's stuff is most like the Kanjia, it is not like other systems at Shaolin.

Plus, it's timeline matches that of Kanjia's too, such as when it was made, why, where it went, to who, etc.

This is not news to people researching this topic.

Other people here in this discussion list over the last 10 years have mentioned this as well, its' not just me.

Shi de Jun has released VCDs of some of the Kanjia set, look at them and compare I guess. But he does them like in the Shaolin Encyclopedia, which aren't the streamlined versions, they are far longer with many repetitions on each side.

There's nothing much to say about this topic at this point.

You do the research now, you read the Chinese articles and so on.

When I have anything more substantial to present about this, I will post it here, thanks!