Thread: Cain Velasquez

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Lesnar is really not very talented. Big. Sure. Fast...not really, I would say explosive. Cain is an ex collegiate wrestler so I think he can defend against the takedown as well as anyone.

As for Mir... he made a critical mistake... why go to 1/2 guard in MMA???? I love 1/2 guard, but every time I pull it in Vale Tudo I eat leather! And I am no pro! Mir should have known better!

JAB
    Not talented? Listen, I personally hate Lesnar and all he stands for. But lets be realistic. The guy was the 2000 NCAA Heavyweight champion and his record stood at 106 - 5 for his college career. If that is not talented, I really suck.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

I thought we were addressing Lesnar's MMA career (or lack there of)? Yes he was a solid wrestler, but it takes more than just wrestling to make an MMA fighter.
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Velasquez would smash Lesnar.

I thought we were addressing Lesnar's MMA career (or lack there of)? Yes he was a solid wrestler, but it takes more than just wrestling to make an MMA fighter.
    Cains had what 5 or 6 fights in the UFC, hardly a massive fight record either, brocks faught two ex champs and beaten them, i think they are pretty even on the MMA record and lesnar is the better grappler, not to mention the much bigger man

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Cains had what 5 or 6 fights in the UFC, hardly a massive fight record either, brocks faught two ex champs and beaten them, i think they are pretty even on the MMA record and lesnar is the better grappler, not to mention the much bigger man
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Again- I understand the big weight difference. What will happen, will happen.
    But Cain's learning curve is sharply up ward - he is in top shape.
    Lesnar is more at a standstill and his unfortunate health related training interruption could be factors too.

Go Sun Devil.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Again- I understand the big weight difference. What will happen, will happen.
    But Cain's learning curve is sharply up ward - he is in top shape.
    Lesnar is more at a standstill and his unfortunate health related training interruption could be factors too.

Go Sun Devil.

joy chaudhuri
    lensar showed great improvements in his ground game and standup between the two Mir fights, but i agree the health issues might harm him, personally i would like to see the heavyweight division smaller in size and a super heavyweight division over 250 brought in

even with the weight difference it will come down to who is stronger

if cain is stronger than brock then obviously brock is in trouble despite having pounds on him

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Most of the guys that now fight HW in MMA when they wrestled in collage did so at much lower weights because they weren't strong enough to wrestle at HW, the fact that lesnar actually wrestled at over 220 means a) he is natuarlly a big athletic monster, and b) he is very strong, if he was not his coaches would have made him cut weight. His size and athletism can also be seen in his trying out and almost making a pro football team dispite not having played at college level, as an athlete he is a feak and i doubt anyone at HW is stronger than him

lesner has like 5 fights under his belt, and is a champion, he fought two former heavyweight champions and is two and one losing to mir which is no disgrace especially it being his second or third fight( not sure). but he beat mir in the rematch and beat randy, and this is with the least mma experience of any one of the heavyweights contenders. i just think mma guys can't handle that a fake fighter(pro wrestling) has the title

its amusing too considering what pro wrestlers put their bodies through and how often they injure themselves that it is called fake

id take being a cage fighter anyday over being a pro wrestler lol

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

its fake but no one said it was easy

maybe choreographed would be a better description
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Cain is an excellent wrestler and so is Brock. I think Cain is a bit more technically proficient then Brock, IMO. Cain has quick, precise hands as shown against NOG, but Brock who is a very sloppy striker, has a ton of power.

I like Cain in this fight, because he has shown he can take down bigger opponents. He tossed Ben Rothwell around like a rag doll, and although Ben isn't a wrestler like Brock, he weighs A LOT, and Cain tossed him around like nothing.

Brock has yet to fight a wrestler like Cain. Yes he fought Randy, but Randy was (is) past his prime, and was more of a Greco Roman wrestler.

I think Cain can put him on his back, and we really have yet to see Brock fight from there. If stays standing, Cain wins too. Brock's biggest hole in his game is striking. Frank Mir had success standing against him in their last fight before he screwed up and got taken down.