Thread: New Book On Triple Stick vs Spear by Rick Wing

New Book On Triple Stick vs Spear by Rick Wing

I remember our teacher, Wong Jack Man, especially liked doing this form. Near the end of each class at Jing Mo was usually when he got into the two-person weapons sets. I remember him teaching this set with such enthusiasm. Sifu Rick Wing teaches it pretty much exactly how our Si-Tai Gung, Wong Jack Man, used to do it.

As with his previous book, Shaolin #5, you can actually learn the set from studying the book. It is clearly written and the photos show front and back views. The set really can be learned in detail by looking at the photos, and perusing the text. This set also pretty much shows almost all the ways one might actually use a triple stick in practical fashion.

Below I've posted links to Blue Snake's website and some videos of Sifu Wing performing the set with our fellow Si Hing Remus.

http://bluesnakeblog.wordpress.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTqt7cE7DD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTFg_FaNz8
    Last edited by Siu Lum Fighter; 03-03-2009 at 01:48 PM.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Cool

I'll have to check that out. I used to love that set. Herbox and I got pretty proficient at it back in the day. Blue Snake usually sends me reader copies.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

SLF,

Yes this is by the way a gook book. I always loved this particular set. WJM has three triple staff vs Spear. In Mr. Bucky Wing' s book it is a Jing Mo Northern set and is not a BSL set. This set in the book is found in many different northern styles as it was taught in the Jing Mo Association in Shanghai where many masters attended.

WJM has two other triple staff vs spear sets, one from BSL and the other from BSL Lo Han.

I had no idea. Did WJM ever teach the BSL and BSL Lohan sets to any of his students?
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

SLF,

Of course Wonmg Sifu did but as time goes by the curriculum is taylored down and the later students never had an opportunity to learn them or even know that they exist.

SLF can you fix the links for the youtube video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Done. You can also access the videos on the link to Blue Snake Books.