Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Day for Samurai Wannabes

Hybrid View

ttt 4 2015!

Police use stun gun on Arizona man wielding samurai sword
    Yihyun Jeong, The Republic | azcentral.com 8:27 p.m. MST January 5, 2015

(Photo: Photo: Cottonwood Police Department)

Cottonwood police say they subdued a samurai-sword wielding man with a stun gun after he challenged officers to shoot him, authorities said.

Police were investigating a complaint of loud music near 17th and Aspen streets when they encountered Robert Burns, 48, on Sunday evening.

Sgt. Tod Moore, a spokesman for the Cottonwood Police Department, said officers announced their presence and knocked on the door of Burns' home several times before he answered while brandishing a samurai sword.

Burns was ordered to put down the sword, but he responded by asking the officers if they were legitimate police, Moore said.

Officers continued to identify themselves and Burns challenged them to shoot him, taking an aggressive posture and raising his sword, according to Moore.

Burns was given multiple commands to stand down and after several moments drove the sword into the ground, Moore said. The officers say Burns remained aggressive with them, despite their attempts to reason with him.

At one point, Burns reached for the sword again, prompting officers to use a stun gun to help bring him into custody, Moore said.

"The officers, faced with a deadly threat to themselves, showed great resolve and restraint in this situation," Moore said. "What could have ended with serious injuries or death to either Cottonwood Police officers or to Mr. Burns instead was able to be successfully resolved with less-lethal means."

Burns was being held Monday in a Yavapai County jail on suspicion of aggravated assault on an officer, disorderly conduct with a weapon, making unreasonable noise and being a prohibited possessor, according to a police statement.
    You'd think with all the samurai swords used in this thread, we'd sell more of these things.

Wait...is that wrong thinking?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Failed suicide by cop...

Do your swords have sharp edges?
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Gotta cross post this one....

Bad Day for ex-Power Ranger Samurai Wannabes. No wait...if Medina was on Power Rangers Samurai, we can't really call him a 'wannabe', right? This is very confusing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

samurai sword suicide by cop

Technically speaking, wouldn't it be seppuku by cop? Sorry, that's in poor taste. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

Samurai sword-wielding man dies in 'suicide by cop' in Ontario

Police said a man called police and told them he wanted to die in Ontario. He was later shot and killed by officers after he approached them wielding a sword. (OnScene TV)
    By Joseph Serna contact the reporter
    Man dies in 'suicide by cop' in Ontario shooting; had a sword, police say
    Man killed by police in Ontario had a sword, officials say

A man who was shot to death by police in Ontario after approaching them with a samurai-style sword died in a case of “suicide by cop,” officials said Wednesday.

The man, whose identity was not being released until his next of kin were notified, had called Ontario police before the confrontation Tuesday night and said that “he wanted to die, he had a gun, he was going to shoot,” said Ontario police Sgt. Jeff Higbee.

The man called police just after 10 p.m. and also told them where he was, Higbee said. The man had just been in a fight with his family, added Higbee.

Officers went to the scene and found the man inside his parked truck with the lights off. When the officers pulled behind him in their own car, the man “took off,” Higbee said.

The chase ended about five minutes later at Fern Avenue and Phillips Street, Higbee said. When the man emerged from the car, he was carrying a samurai-type sword, Higbee said.

The man began to walk up to the officers and didn’t obey their commands to stop, Higbee said.

Police first fired non-lethal rubber bullets at him, but “they didn’t’ have any effect,” Higbee said.

“He started going to the officers with the sword and when he got close enough, he got shot,” Higbee said. The man was rushed to a local hospital, where he died.

Two officers were put on paid administrative leave after the shooting, which is standard protocol, Higbee said.

For breaking California news, follow @JosephSerna.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

two-fer

UK Somali gangs with swords?
    London student killed with SAMURAI SWORD as gang turf wars erupt in Camden
    A STUDENT was hacked to death by a samurai sword gang two hours after a teen was killed half a mile away.
    By Kate Nelson / Published 21st February 2018

SHOCKING: 20-year-old Sadiq Aadam was murdered in Camden

Sadiq Aadam, 20, became the third person in his family of the same age to be murdered in just five years.

Detectives fear gang turf wars are out of control. Sadiq was attacked by a group of four in Camden, north London, on Tuesday.

One witness said: “The blood was gushing out and people were desperately trying to stop it.”

Sadiq’s brother Mohamed Aadam, 20, was murdered in the same area in September.

TRAGIC: Sadiq was the third member of his family to die in the last five years

BLOODSHED: Abdikarim Hassan was killed just hours earlier in Kentish Town

“His mum saw him die. What do you say to someone who just watched their child die? He’s 17 – he’s just a baby.”
    A witness
    Their cousin, Mohamed Abdullahi, was also killed less than three miles away in 2013 aged 20.

Two hours before Sadiq died, Abdikarim Hassan, 17, bled to death after being ambushed in Kentish Town at around 8.30pm.

One witness said: “His mum saw him die. What do you say to someone who just watched their child die? He’s 17 – he’s just a baby.

“He just went to the corner shop to get a drink and now he’s just lying there.”

Both victims are of Somali origin.
    I know a Javier Rodriguez, a Kung Fu guy no less, but he's not from Salinas.
    Man shot by Salinas police while wielding sword ID'd
    KSBW Updated: 6:45 PM PST Feb 20, 2018
    Amy Larson KSBW.com Digital Media Manager

[IMG]https://hips.htvapps.com/htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/images/salinas-police-lights-1472496031.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.850xh;0,0&resize=900: *[/IMG]

SALINAS, Calif. —
    A man who was shot while allegedly wielding a sword at three Salinas police officers was identified by investigators Tuesday.

Javier Rodriguez is still recovering in a hospital from gunshot wounds after his Friday night clash with police at his home on the 700 block of Jefferson Street. He is expected to recover.

Monterey County Assistant District Attorney Berkley Brannon said the DA's investigators interviewed Rodriguez in his hospital room Tuesday.

The two Salinas Police Department officers who shot Rodriguez have not been identified, and they were not injured in the officer-involved shooting.

They went to Rodriguez's house at 8:45 p.m. Friday because Rodriguez called 911, Brannon said .

He was in a heated argument with his girlfriend, Brannon said. Witnesses told police that Rodriguez fired a shotgun into the air during the argument, and he was bleeding.

When police arrived, they could hear a woman screaming inside the house, Brannon said.

Three officers decided to enter the home by opening a backdoor. When they did, they saw Rodriguez holding a knife, and he shut the door.

When officers opened the door a second time, Rodriguez was wielding a sword. The officers were only a few inches away from the sword, and they feared for their lives, Brannon said.

Two officers opened fire. Despite being shot at least twice, Rodriguez remained on his feet. He was finally overpowered by a Taser, and was taken into custody.

Salinas police arrested Rodriguez at the hospital. The District Attorney's Office has not decided what, if any, criminal charges will be filed against him.

The officer's body-worn cameras recorded the shooting, but a request from KSBW for copies of the videos was declined by the DA's Office Tuesday.

One of the officers who fired is a sergeant with 15 years on the force. The other officer has been with the SPD for two years.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Here's one from Japan

Samurai road rage as man attacks motorist with replica samurai sword on Japanese expressway
    Casey Baseel 2 hours ago

Tailgating incident isn’t exactly the sort of duel of honor told about in tales of yore.

Japan’s expressways are often clogged with traffic, but if you’re driving in the middle of the night, you usually won’t run into too much congestion. Even still, an incident that occurred in Aichi Prefecture before dawn on Wednesday shows that having to share the road with even one other vehicle is too much for some drivers to calmly deal with.

According to the Aichi Prefectural Police, at around 2 a.m. in a westbound section of the Tomei Expressway, which connects Tokyo and Nagoya, a 43-year-old truck driver from a delivery company based in Ibaraki Prefecture moved into the passing lane to overtake a passenger car in front of him. However, after the pass was completed, the driver of the car began aggressively tailgating the truck.

The truck driver then pulled over onto the shoulder of the expressway in Nisshin City. The driver of the car did likewise, and as the motorists exited their vehicles, the car’s driver began shouting “Why don’t you get out of the **** way! I’m in a hurry!”

Despite his self-professed lack of time, the driver of the car still had enough time in his schedule to then brandish an approximately 60-centimeter (two-foot) replica katana, which he then attacked the truck driver with. Specifically, the police report says the car driver “pounded on” the truck driver with the weapon, suggesting that its blade was not sharpened. Even without a cutting edge, though, the assailant managed to break the truck driver’s right knee after landing multiple blows. The driver of the car then got back in his vehicle and drove off, either because he realized the logical fallacy of spending time beating on someone when you’ve presumably got preexisting pressing appointments, complaining about someone being in your way after they’ve already pulled over to let you pass, or because he feared the imminent arrival of the authorities.

The truck driver then contacted the police, who are now searching for the driver of the car, said to be in his 20s or 30s, and are treating the attack as an attempted homicide.

In light of the events, SoraNews24 would like to remind everyone that while out on the road, it’s always smarter to remain in your vehicle rather then stepping out of it to engage in late-night altercations, because should you happen to encounter someone with road rage who’s armed like a samurai, Japan’s real-life ninja are probably too busy to come to your aid.

Source: Livedoor News via Hachima Kiko, YouTube/ANNnewsCH
    Top image: Gahag
    There are many times when I have carried swords in my car transporting them to and from practice, or sales tables or whatever. But given my profession, I have an excuse, right?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Don't cheat on her

Woman accused of stabbing boyfriend with samurai sword appears in court

Emily Javier of Camas makes a first appearance Monday, March 5, 2018, in Clark County Superior Court on allegations that she stabbed her boyfriend with a samurai sword early Saturday morning at their home in Camas. (Ariane Kunze/The Columbian)
    By Jessica Prokop, Columbian Courts Reporter
    Published: March 5, 2018, 10:51 AM

A Camas woman told police she tried to kill her boyfriend with a samurai sword early Saturday morning because she believed he was cheating on her.

Court records say Emily Javier, 30, allegedly told investigators she specifically purchased the sword and made deliberate plans to kill her boyfriend of two years, 29-year-old Alex Lovell.

She hid his cellphone so he couldn’t call for help, attacked him in his sleep, and then called 911 only after she believed he was dead, according to an affidavit of probable cause filed in the case.

“I was trying to kill him for cheating. That was my purpose,” she allegedly told Camas police.

Lovell was found inside their shared house with several life-threatening injuries.

He was last known to be hospitalized in critical condition as of late Saturday morning, police said. An update on his condition was unavailable Monday.

Javier appeared Monday morning in Clark County Superior Court on suspicion of attempted first-degree domestic violence murder. She wore a suicide-prevention smock — given to inmates who may try to harm themselves with standard jail clothing — and tried to hide her face from the media’s cameras behind her dyed blue-green hair.

Judge Bernard Veljacic set her bail at $350,000. Javier did not qualify for a court-appointed attorney, based on her employment history. But Veljacic provisionally appointed Vancouver attorney Chris Ramsay to help Javier address her bail.

She will be arraigned March 13.

Early-morning incident

Camas police were dispatched at 1:54 a.m. Saturday for a report of a disturbance with a weapon at 2013 N.E. Garfield St.

Javier called 911 to report that she had just stabbed her boyfriend with a sword and thought he was dead, court records state.

As police arrived, Javier walked out of the house with her hands up. She was covered in blood and crying. Javier said, “He’s in there. I just stabbed him. You guys need to help him!” police wrote in the affidavit.

She was taken into custody without incident.

Police said they found Lovell lying in the couple’s bedroom suffering multiple lacerations.

He was treated by the Camas-Washougal Fire Department and transported to a hospital.

Javier told police that she and Lovell had been dating and living together for about two years. She said he “just sits at home all day playing video games and does not do anything to help,” the affidavit states.

About a week ago, she said, she found evidence that Lovell was cheating on her, including a dating app on his cellphone and red hair in the shower drain; the hair was not hers, according to court records.

Javier did not confront Lovell about her suspicions, she said, because when she had in the past, he had denied it. Instead, she said, she went to the mall and purchased a samurai sword and had been thinking about stabbing him with it for the past week, court documents show.

“I thought I was gonna stab him while he was sleeping,” she allegedly told police.

The final straw, she said, was when Lovell came home Friday night and ignored her. She said that “angered her, and she decided tonight was the night she was going to do it,” police wrote in the affidavit.

She hid the sword and two knives she had taped together on her side of the bed. The couple went to bed about 8 or 9 p.m., and she waited for Lovell to fall asleep. She then grabbed the sword and began stabbing Lovell and swinging it at him, according to court records.

Police said detectives served a search warrant at the home and seized a samurai sword and additional knives.

Jessica Prokop
    Columbian Courts Reporter
    360-735-4551
    @jprokop16
    I didn't realize suicide-prevention smocks were a thing. I'm surprised that has escaped my attention for so long.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Emily Javier continued

This wannabe samurai story just got better....with Wing Chun! I think this counts as a Successful Street Application.

She found a dating app on her boyfriend’s phone. Then she bought a samurai sword.
    By Kyle Swenson March 15 at 3:44 AM

With her boyfriend finally asleep, Emily Javier reached for the samurai sword she had secretly taped earlier to the side of the bed.

According to an affidavit filed by police, the room was dark, and she sparked her phone to see better. To aim better.

Below snoozed Alex Lovell. He played too many videos games, Javier would later explain to the police, and now he was cheating on her, she claimed. She knew the signs. Tinder on his phone. Scratches across his back. A girl’s hair in their shower drain. In the weak phone glow, Javier allegedly started hacking.

Lovell woke to his girlfriend of two years attacking him with a sword, police say. Survival instincts — mainly martial arts training and all the kung fu films he had watched — clicked in.

I was able to wing chun my way to survival,” he told the Oregonian/OregonLive in an interview this week over Facebook messenger, referring to a Chinese martial art. He eventually wrapped Javier in a bear hug. “I saw the look in her eyes, and it scared the living poop out of me,” he told the news outlet. “I told her I loved her, and she was killing me. She needed to call police, or I was going to die.”

Javier broke off the attack and made the call, frantically telling a 911 operator she had stabbed her boyfriend and she thought he was dead. “You used a sword?” the operator asked.

When police did arrive at the scene on March 3, they found Lovell curled up in the blood-spattered bedroom, according to the probable cause affidavit filed by police in Camas, a Washington state town northeast of Portland, Ore. Remarkably, he survived the attack despite serious injuries. Lovell almost lost the index, middle and ring fingers on his hand. But in interviews this week, the competitive gamer sounded happy to be alive.

“I was just so proud for beating this samurai wannabe crazy lady with hate in her heart,” the 29-year-old told the Oregonian/OregonLive. “I’ve been preparing my whole life for something like this.”

Javier — who pleaded not guilty this week to first-degree attempted murder, according to the Columbian — had also allegedly been preparing.

Alex Lovell — known as “Biggie” in his local gamer scene — is an avid player of “PlayerUnknown’s Battleground,” a multiplayer online fighting game. As he told the Oregonian/OregonLive, Lovell has been recently logging 12 to 13 hours a day playing the game. The regimen also required “exercises for his hands, wrists and shoulders and also practicing mouse moves and techniques to maximize performance,” the paper reported.

“I wasn’t a sweaty nerd, more of an Ethlete,” Lovell told the Oregonian/OregonLive.

(iStock photo)

In an interview with police after the attack, Javier, 30, admitted she was frustrated with her boyfriend for staying glued to his game. Then, a week before the violent incident, Javier said she had discovered Lovell was unfaithful. According to the affidavit, she told police she discovered Tinder, the dating app, on his phone. She also noticed scratches on his back, possibly from a romantic encounter. She found red hair in the shower drain — her own hair was dyed green.

She did not confront her boyfriend. In the past, he had just denied such accusations. This time Javier went to the mall and bought a samurai sword. “I thought, I was gonna stab him while he was sleeping,” she told police.

The relationship reached a crisis point on March 2. According to the police affidavit, Lovell came home but ignored his girlfriend. She allegedly decided to go through with the attack, taping the sword and two knives to the bed. Javier also told police she hid Lovell’s phone so he could not call for help. When Lovell finally went to sleep, she reached for the sword.

In an interview with the Columbian this week, Lovell denied he was unfaithful. “I barely had time to hang out with my girlfriend, let alone another girl,” he told the paper. “I didn’t see it coming, but it makes sense that it happened. She obviously didn’t want anyone else to have me, so — samurai sword.”

Doctors were able to reattach Lovell’s fingers where they were nearly hacked off at the base. He also suffered wounds to his feet, legs, torso, neck and head. His right arm is in a cast. Members of the local gaming scene set up a GoFundMe page for his medical bills. The fund is just $2,000 shy of its $10,000 goal after 10 days.

Javier remains in custody. Her attorney did not return an email for comment.

“The feeling I had when I won the fight with my bare hands is just absolutely the best feeling,” Lovell boasted this week from the hospital. “I’ve played all the sports, won big games, landed some decent tricks on my snowboard. This was better.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

White supremacist sword killer gets life without parole

More on James Jackson here and here.

White supremacist sentenced to life in prison for killing black man with sword
    by Associated Press Wednesday, February 13th 2019

James Harris Jackson is arraigned in criminal court, Thursday, March 23, 2017, in New York. Jackson, accused of randomly killing Timothy Caughman, a 66-year-old black man on the streets of New York by stabbing him with a sword, was charged Thursday with murder as a hate crime. (Jefferson Siegel/The Daily News via AP, Pool)

NEW YORK (AP) — A white supremacist who killed a black man with a sword wanted to ignite a worldwide race war, a prosecutor told a judge who sentenced the man Wednesday to life in prison without parole.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance read excerpts from James Jackson's hate-filled manifesto as he decried the "horror of his actions" when he fatally stabbed 66-year-old Timothy Caughman in March 2017 after stalking a number of black men in New York City.

James Harris Jackson appears in criminal court during his arraignment, Thursday, March 23, 2017, in New York. Jackson, accused of randomly killing Timothy Caughman, a 66-year-old black man on the streets of New York by stabbing him with a sword, was charged Thursday with murder as a hate crime. (Steven Hirsch/New York Post via AP, Pool)

"James Jackson is a white supremacist and a terrorist," Vance said of the Baltimore man and veteran who served in Afghanistan.

Given a chance to speak, Jackson, who is white, said he wanted to apologize for "this horrible and unnecessary tragedy."

"It never should have happened," he added. "And if I could to it all over again, this never would have happened, for sure."

State Supreme Court Justice Laura Ward kept her remarks brief.

"You killed a man solely because he was black," she said. "And there is no excuse for your actions."

Richard Peek, a cousin of the victim who spoke for the family, read aloud an "open letter to a murderer" in court, saying "one cruel man's intolerance turned many people's worlds upside-down."

RELATED: White murder suspect told police 'inferior' blacks should be 'exterminated'

Caughman, who was remembered as a gentleman and a good neighbor, was attacked while collecting bottles for recycling.

Jackson, 30, told police he traveled from Baltimore to carry out the attack because New York is the media capital of the world. He said the slaying was intended to be practice for further assaults on black people.

Vance said Jackson's manifesto was on a digital storage drive recovered after his arrest. The prosecutor said he did not want to make the entire document public to avoid helping to spread its hateful content. But he wanted to put some of it on the record for the first time.

"The racial world war starts today," Vance said, reading from the manifesto.

He said Jackson called for military and biological warfare aimed at the "extermination" of black people and urged authorities in the United Kingdom, China and Russia to get involved.

Vance lamented that American law enforcement has been slow to acknowledge the problem of white supremacism and has sometimes minimized it.

"We have too often treated these crimes as something less than other kinds of terrorism, and in so doing we have risked normalizing this type of behavior," he said.

He asked the judge to "send a message to other would-be terrorists."

Jackson's attorney, Frederick Sosinsky, said his client had marched with family members to protest racial injustice, had served honorably alongside blacks in the military, and had never committed a crime before "the worst day of his life."

"His lost soul and broken spirit permitted him to act as he'd never acted before," Sosinsky said.

Outside court, Vance said Jackson's worldwide plan was "diabolical and cruel."

"He came to New York in the hope of inciting a race war that would pit New Yorkers against New Yorkers and ultimately blacks and whites against each other all over the world," he said.
    THREADS
    Samurai Wannabes
    Martial Art Terrorist
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ugh…

Click for video.

Name:  Samurai-Wannabe.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  49.0 KB

swordsman suicide by cop

Two Police Officers Shot by Sword-Wielding Man at Scientology Church

5:48 PM PDT 3/27/2019 by the Associated Press

Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
    Scientology building in Los Angeles

The suspect was shot in the head and died at a hospital, Inglewood police Lt. Oscar Mejia told reporters at the scene. He was not immediately identified.

Two officers were wounded and a suspect was killed during a shootout after police responded Wednesday to reports of a man with a sword entering the Church of Scientology in Inglewood, California, authorities said.

The suspect was shot in the head and died at a hospital, Inglewood police Lt. Oscar Mejia told reporters at the scene. He was not immediately identified.

Gunfire erupted around 3:30 p.m. inside the front entrance of the church after police approached the man, who was wearing a hooded sweat shirt and wielding the sword, officials said.

One officer was struck in a hand, and the other was hit in an arm, officials said. They were hospitalized in good condition with non-life-threatening injuries, police Chief Mark Fronterotta said. Both officers are in their late 20s, the chief said.

Officials didn't say who fired first or whether a gun was recovered from the suspect.

Inglewood is a city of about 100,000 residents in Los Angeles County.
    At the Scientology Church no less.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

MAGA samurai wannabe

Sword-wielder in ‘MAGA’ hat slashes man outside SF roller rink, police say
    Gwendolyn Wu and Evan Sernoffsky March 31, 2019 Updated: March 31, 2019 1:54 p.m.

A man was slashed with a sword Friday night outside the Church of 8 Wheels in San Francisco’s Western Addition neighborhood, police said.
    Photo: Scott Sweeney

A sword-wielding assailant wearing a red “Make America Great Again” hat slashed a man in the hand during an altercation outside a popular roller-skating rink in San Francisco’s Western Addition on Friday, officials said.

Police are searching for the attacker, who fled the scene outside the Church of 8 Wheels on Fillmore and Fell streets, leaving his victim bleeding profusely on the sidewalk outside the crowded skating spot.

Investigators were searching for security video and speaking to witnesses Saturday as they tried to piece together the details of the bloody confrontation that unfolded during the rink’s Friday night adults-only roller disco.

Officers were called to the scene around 9:50 p.m. on the report of a stabbing, said Officer Robert Rueca, a San Francisco police spokesman. They learned that the victim, whose name was not released, had been approached by another man, who was wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat, and the two got into a verbal dispute, he said.

The victim tried to grab the hat, a symbol of President Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, and the other man whipped out a sword and slashed him, Rueca said. Police originally reported that the victim was wearing the hat, but changed their statement late Saturday.

Scott Sweeney, 24, said he saw a man wearing the recognizable hat with a sword tucked into the back of his jacket about 30 minutes before the attack. The man, Sweeney said, was shouting ****phobic slurs at him.

“In my mind I didn’t think it was a real sword until we came out later and police were on the scene and there was blood and the hat on ground,” he said.

David Miles, who goes by the nickname “Sk8father” and started the roller rink at the former Sacred Heart Catholic Church, was inside during the dispute. He said he didn’t see the attack but ran out to help the victim.

“I came outside. The guy was cut, he was bleeding like you wouldn’t believe,” Miles said Saturday. “He was just gushing blood, so we got the first aid kit from inside and tried to stop the bleeding.”

Paramedics quickly arrived and took the victim to a hospital, where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, police said. Miles said officers asked him if a man dressed as a pirate had come into the roller rink, but he hadn’t seen anyone like that.

Miles posted pictures of the bloody aftermath of the attack on Facebook, showing the red hat near a pool of blood. The victim had apparently chased his attacker before realizing how badly he was bleeding, he said.

“This is the last thing you think is going to happen,” he said. “I’m very, very, very concerned. I don’t really know what to think.”

Police are asking anyone with information about the attack to call investigators at 415-575-4444.

Gwendolyn Wu and Evan Sernoffsky are San Francisco Chronicle staff writers. Email: gwendolyn.wu@sfchronicle.com, esernoffsky@sfchronicle.com Twitter: @gwendolynawu, @EvanSernoffsky

Gwendolyn Wu
    Follow Gwendolyn on:
    gwendolynawu
    Evan Sernoffsky
    Follow Evan on:
    https://www.facebook.com/SFChronicle/
    EvanSernoffsky
    Today's news is weird.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by El Tejon View Post
    SevenStar, well, his prison sentence will be bigger in Tejas.
    **** anyone who think Texans are biligerant.we are, but a true Texan won't knife someone without reasonable cause .dig?

Machetes are trending?

I reported another machete incident yesterday.

Machete-Wielding Suspect Shot, Killed By LAPD In Hollywood After Wild Crime Spree
    November 25, 2019 at 10:30 pmFiled Under:Hollywood, Hollywood carjacking machete suspect, LAPD officer wounded Hollywood, machete suspect killed by LAPD officers Hollywood

HOLLYWOOD (CBSLA) – A man wielding a machete was shot and killed by Los Angeles police after going on a crime spree in Hollywood Monday morning in which he robbed an auto shop, carjacked a vehicle and then crashed into several police cruisers.

The ordeal began at around 11:30 a.m., when the suspect entered an auto parts store at Highland Avenue, near Sunset Boulevard, and robbed it while armed with a machete.

The store clerk told CBS2 the suspect entered the store waving around a large knife before stealing some batteries and jumper cables.

“That knife has been declared to be a machete, large in length, about a foot to a foot-and-a-half in length with the blade,” LAPD Lt. Chris Ramirez said at a Monday afternoon news conference.

The suspect can be seen holding a large knife in his right hand. (credit: CBS)

Cell phone video showed the suspect then ran to a nearby Chick-fil-A, where he carjacked a vehicle that was sitting in the drive thru. With officers surrounding the car, he somehow sped out into the street and immediately slammed into two police vehicles at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Highland Avenue.

He then ran from the crash, still holding the machete, with officers giving chase. Officer initially used “less-lethal options” to try and subdue the man, Ramirez explained, but eventually were forced to open fire on him in the 1400 block of McCadden Place.

He was rushed to a hospital, where he died. His identity was not released.

“That suspect was struck, fell to the ground and was then taken into custody,” Ramirez said. “He was then transported to a local hospital for medical treatment where he has since been declared deceased.”

An LAPD officer suffered “minor scrapes and abrasions” during the incident. The driver who was carjacked was not hurt.

(CBS2).

Aerial footage from the scene showed a pool of blood in the middle of the roadway.

The public was advised to avoid the area around Sunset Boulevard and Highland Avenue, which was expected to remain closed into Monday evening.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Jerry Thompson

CT man found guilty of murder of victim decapitated with sword

Brad Horrigan / Hartford Courant Hartford, CT – 7/27/20 – A Hartford Police cruiser sits outside of 784 Asylum Avenue in 2020, the site of a homicide. Photo Brad Horrigan | bhorrigan@courant.com

By STAFF REPORT |
    PUBLISHED: August 19, 2023 at 5:15 a.m. | UPDATED: August 19, 2023 at 2:28 p.m.

A Hartford man was found guilty of murder last week in the death of a man found decapitated with a sword in a Hartford home in 2020.

The murder conviction of Jerry Thompson, 45, stems from the July 25, 2020 slaying of Victor King in a home on Asylum Avenue in Hartford.

According to the arrest warrant affidavit in the case, Hartford police responded to King’s home on July 26, 2020 for a well-being check after someone called authorities and said they had not seen King in the past day or so.

The first officers on scene found King lifeless on the floor of his kitchen. He was partially covered by a sheet, according to the warrant affidavit.

King, who worked for Travelers Insurance for more than 20 before retiring in 2018, was known as one of the top bridge players in the country, having won a national championship in 2016.

According to the affidavit, Thompson quickly became a suspect, as he had moved into a vacant room in King’s home within the last year before the killing. Friends of King helped identify Thompson as a suspect, according to police.

Police said at the time of killing that detectives believe Thompson used a Samurai sword to cause “severe trauma” to King’s arms, chest, shoulder and neck.

Detectives wrote in the warrant affidavit that King and Thompson had had an argument prior to the killing, during which Thompson allegedly threatened King with a samurai sword during the dispute over rent money, the affidavit said. King had gone to the Hartford Police Department a day before he was found dead to tell them about the alleged threat, police wrote in the affidavit.

Authorities said that the victim and the defendant were roommates, and that the victim had been attempting to have the defendant evicted for failing to pay rent.

During the investigation, detectives went to Farmington River Park in Bloomfield, “where a long Samurai-style sword, consistent with the victim’s wounds, was pulled from the river,” authorities said.

When Thompson was brought in for questioning, the affidavit said, he refused to say anything to detectives and at one point wrote on a piece of paper, “paper in glove compart in Jeep is all you need.” Investigators then found paperwork in the Jeep suggesting Thompson viewed himself as a sovereign citizen — a person who doesn’t view themselves as subject to the law.

Court documents indicate Thompson during his case was ordered multiple times by a judge to undergo a competency evaluation. He was found competent to stand trial, court papers indicate.

Sentencing is scheduled for Oct. 11 at Superior Court in Hartford.
    how grisly
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips