Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fa Kuen

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

Fa Kuen

any info on this set, or video footage? I see striking similarities between Jee Siem Weng Chun, Hakka Kuen, and Hung Kuen. I was wondering if there are similarities to SPM's Moi Fa Kuen.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    any info on this set, or video footage? I see striking similarities between Jee Siem Weng Chun, Hakka Kuen, and Hung Kuen. I was wondering if there are similarities to SPM's Moi Fa Kuen.
    Similarities among southern fist methods? My God! That's amazing. You should pat yourself on the back for that insightful observation.

Jeez.

ha ha you say that but its surprising how many people cant !

If you have seen footage of Jee Shim Weng Chun Fa Kuen, why dont you share it so we can all view? Must be good.

Fa Kuen, i have seen 1 wingchun lineage, combine Shil Lim Tao, with another extended form(extension of Shil Lim Tao), into the form Fa Kuen

What was interesting was it starting with standing on 1 leg and clapping the hands 3 times. The rest of the form showed elements from SLT and Extended SLT. It had no similarities to other forms of Hung Kuen etc...
    讲你不听,听你不明,明你不做,做你又做错,错你又不认,认你又不改,改你又不服,不服你又不讲;那你要我 怎么办?

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Similarities among southern fist methods? My God! That's amazing. You should pat yourself on the back for that insightful observation.

Jeez.
    Thanks for taking the time and thought to post that clever reply. I was specifically referring to those particular systems, and perhaps those particular sets.
    If you feel the need to post, could you please find something meaningful to say, and contribute to the topic, rather than just posting childish sarcasm?

Jeez.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_warrior8 View Post
    If you have seen footage of Jee Shim Weng Chun Fa Kuen, why dont you share it so we can all view? Must be good.

Fa Kuen, i have seen 1 wingchun lineage, combine Shil Lim Tao, with another extended form(extension of Shil Lim Tao), into the form Fa Kuen

What was interesting was it starting with standing on 1 leg and clapping the hands 3 times. The rest of the form showed elements from SLT and Extended SLT. It had no similarities to other forms of Hung Kuen etc...
    no, I was asking if anyone here had any footage, as I had never seen it. I have seen bits and pieces of SPM's Moi Fa sao faht, and I am facinated by its fluidity, and intricate coiling movements.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Thanks for taking the time and thought to post that clever reply. I was specifically referring to those particular systems, and perhaps those particular sets.
    If you feel the need to post, could you please find something meaningful to say, and contribute to the topic, rather than just posting childish sarcasm?

Jeez.
    I'm sorry. But when someone takes the time to point out that they recently noticed that all fish have gills and fins, I think sarcasm is an appropriate response (assuming, of course, the person making that observation isn't a small child or mentally challenged -- and I have taken it for granted that you are neither).

I'm sorry. But when someone takes the time to point out that they recently noticed that all fish have gills and fins, I think sarcasm is an appropriate response (assuming, of course, the person making that observation isn't a small child or mentally challenged -- and I have taken it for granted that you are neither).
    I understand that, and for the record, I have been pointing out the similarities in these systems for over ten years now,on several different forums, and have actually recieved quite a bit of flak. Mostly from those "High up on the totem poles." -go figure.
    Only recently, have people been in agreement.
    I think that is most likely due to more Mainland Gung-Fu becoming available, coupled with a new generation that has a fresh approach-one of practicality-fighting, rather than relying on forms and two-man sets.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_warrior8 View Post

There are different DNA is Set.

and from the set one can trace the source....

I'm sorry. But when someone takes the time to point out that they recently noticed that all fish have gills and fins, I think sarcasm is an appropriate response
    You think it appropriate to be sarcastic when someone doesn't know something and simply asks for information? I've noticed these kind of responses happening a lot on this forum and I don't know what the reason is... It's a shame really, all these intelligent minds, this common interest we all have in WC/VT/whatever. This could be a really good place.

We shoudn't belittle each other like this. I've avoided posting here in the past for fear of being humiliated, and I wonder how many other newbs have too.

Don't let people scare you from posting, almost everything here is tonge in cheek anyway. The silent majority would welcome and appreciate you.

Terence,
    I know you're good, but maybe you could learn to resist attacking those of us whom you see as inferior. If the comments are that ridiculous, then just let them go. Have pity on us mere mortals. Picking on people you see as equivalent to small children or mentally challenged seems mean-spirited at best.

Peace,
    Bill
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Quote Originally Posted by paulus View Post
    You think it appropriate to be sarcastic when someone doesn't know something and simply asks for information? I've noticed these kind of responses happening a lot on this forum and I don't know what the reason is... It's a shame really, all these intelligent minds, this common interest we all have in WC/VT/whatever. This could be a really good place.

We shoudn't belittle each other like this. I've avoided posting here in the past for fear of being humiliated, and I wonder how many other newbs have too.
    do not be scare
    he is just a random douchebag, come talk

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    There are different DNA is Set.

and from the set one can trace the source....
    Martial DNA doesn't exist. Nor can you trace "the source" from a linked set.

On ten tigers original question

Like languages, arts from the same region can "look" similar-but a closer look can bring out great differences. And when it comes to wing chun and other southern arts, IMO- the differences are greater than the similarities. "Short power", more hands, some techniques-phoenix eye etc
    are some common characteristics...but how the styles get there are quite different.
    Key aspects of styles include the fundamental stancing, the breathing pattern, the levels of tension. In wing chun there is no iron wire, no sanchin breathing, no dynamic tension etc.
    The similarity of yee gee kim yeung ma in wing chun and hunga is supeficial, and toes in is different fro Gee Shim.

joy chaudhuri