Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja Assassin

I'm seeing too much CGI and not enough actual skill. I'll go see the film, but it will probably blow hard core.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    LOL that was freakin awesome! I'm excited for this film, would like to see more 'real' action and less CGI, like the other poster said but am not going to let that ruin it for me.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

I saw a screener yesterday - 3 words...

Sho is BACK!!!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The return of Sho "Shushi" Kosugi ???
    Isn't that one of the signs of the apocolypse ?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Revenge of the ninja!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The time has come, young Kane, to become a Jewish ninja !
    We will begin the rite of ninja circumsission !

Can I touch your shurikens?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The time has come, young Kane, to become a Jewish ninja !
    We will begin the rite of ninja circumsission !
    I had mine done with an Iaito....my dad wanted to toughen me up.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Incoming Ninja

There's a massive ad campaign for this film. Thanksgiving is a traditional blockbuster release date and Ninja Assassin is the only R-rated one this year (Bad Lieutenant opens today). This has some potential to do really well.

As for the martial arts, ghostexorcist is right, it's mostly CGI, but strange as it sounds, that doesn't detract from the film so much. The choreography is a lot more like V for Vendetta or Batman, very artsy, especially with the blood splashes. I was thoroughly entertained. As you all know, ninja films are a big guilty pleasure of mine.

If you're going to the movies over the holiday, you just gotta ask yourself - do I want to watch teen vampire romance or ninja mayhem?

Here's some quick review links:
    Exclusive: James McTeigue Unleashes Ninja Assassin!
    Source:Edward Douglas
    November 20, 2009

From the shadows
    Director James McTeigue on the Ninja Assassin.
    By Katherine Monk, Canwest News Service November 19, 2009

Meet The Movie Star of The Future
    Dorothy Pomerantz, 11.19.09, 12:00 PM EST
    Why ''Ninja Assassin'' and its lead actor, Rain, could just be the perfect movie model for tough times.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I dont celebrate thanksgiving so I'll be seeing this on thanksgiving if thats its release date.

i saw a scene of that vampire movie on letterman.....all i can say is: LAME EMO CHICK FLICK!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    I had mine done with an Iaito....my dad wanted to toughen me up.
    Oivey !!
    And Mazeltov !!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I dont celebrate thanksgiving so I'll be seeing this on thanksgiving if thats its release date.

i saw a scene of that vampire movie on letterman.....all i can say is: LAME EMO CHICK FLICK!
    Nothing to give thanks for?

Well, for you my friend:

thanks!

well i have no family and such, dont do the friends family thing, not my cup o' tea. i understand the sentimental and religious meaning behind the holiday, i just dont set aside one day to give thanks. i do that continuously

but seriously, as an american i did celebrate the holiday growing up, and i do miss all that food....lol

i dont do christmas either.

The premiere

Stephanie Pratt & Lisa Ling were there.

Here's some pics.

Stephanie Pratt: “Ninja Assassin” Sexy

Not shying away from the spotlight after her recent DUI arrest, Stephanie Pratt was on hand for the “Ninja Assassin” premiere in Los Angeles on Thursday night (November 19).

The “Hills” hottie looked sexy in black as she posed for pictures
    Lisa Ling on Oprah's Announcement: Don't Count Her Out

With the news that Oprah Winfrey will be ending her popular talk show at the end of the 2010-2011 season, her famous fans tell ET what they think of Lady O's big announcement.

Lisa Ling, who is a frequent contributor to "The Oprah Winfrey Show," said Oprah may be leaving the show, but fans shouldn't expect to see her gone for long.

"I can't even imagine daytime television without her and I'm lucky enough to have been able to work for her and her show for the last five years, it's been such an honor," Ling told ET Thursday night at the 'Ninja Assassin' premiere. "I'm going to continue working with Oprah, obviously not on the show, but I'm thrilled that she's going to be able to take a little time. But don't count her out cause this doesn't mean she's retiring by any means."

Meanwhile, model mom Heidi Klum doesn't know what she's going to do without her Oprah fix. "You can't do this, who are we going to watch? I love Oprah she always squeezes everything out of everyone that we all want to know."

Check out our all new video to find out what everyone from will.i.am to Kyle MaClachlan had to say about Oprah's upcoming departure.
    Posted November 20, 2009 7:41:00 AM
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

now i have a question. was that a REAL ninja standing next to him. or just a fake...