Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Liable online

Does this mean Gene is suing me over all the Shaolin Taco (tm) and Shaolin Pole Dancing (tm) threads?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

What about idea theft? What if you posted something on an internet forum and it was used in a movie?

mickey

The burden would fall on you to prove it.

That is one reason why, my friend, I will not be posting ANY previews of my fiction writing to the forum.

In fact I'm giving it to NOBODY who isn't family until I have a dated manuscript and an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    i anticipate the feds knocking on my door to arrest me on charges relating to my stances on certain issues of american foreign policy.
    ROTFL!

How's that kool aide Uki?
    Last edited by SimonM; 12-10-2008 at 09:24 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Does this mean Gene is suing me over all the Shaolin Taco (tm) and Shaolin Pole Dancing (tm) threads?
    That depends, were you in one of the 17 states that still retain the law when you posted.
    I love archaic & out of date laws, did you know it’s still against the law in England not to practice archery on a Sunday, yet if you did technically you could be charged with being in possession of an offensive or dangerous weapon if out in public place.

Well if you don't keep up your skill with the stout English Longbow how will you prevent an invasion of the dastardly normans?!?!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    How's that kool aide Uki?
    i dunno, but the seasonal brew the mad elf is quite the riot.

25 Crazy Laws From Around the World

http://www.socyberty.com/Law/25-Craz...he-World.38998

We have all heard of some pretty silly laws. Here are twenty-five of the craziest I have ever heard of. (With the exception of #25, I think it is an unwritten law everywhere...)

In Bozeman, Montana, a law prohibits all sexual activity from the front yard of a home after sundown.
    In Salt Lake County, Utah, it's illegal to walk down the street carrying a violin in a paper bag.
    In San Francisco, it's illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner.
    In Devon, Texas, it is against the law to make furniture while you are nude.
    In Oklahoma, you can be arrested for making ugly faces at a dog. ( What if it's an ugly dog...?)
    In California it is illegal for a vehicle without a driver to exceed 60 miles per hour.
    In Florida men seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown can be fined.
    In South Carolina it is legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
    In Tennessee, you are breaking the law if you drive while sleeping...
    In New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is: Death. ( Go figure...)
    In Danville, Pennsylvania, all fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.
    In Pennsylvania, it's against the law to tie a dollar bill on a string on the ground and pull it away when someone tries to pick it up.
    In New York City, it's illegal for a restaurant to call a sandwich a "corned beef sandwich" if it's made with white bread and mayonnaise. ( I agree 100%! )
    In California it is illegal to set a mouse trap without a hunting license.
    In France, it is against the law to sell an "E.T" doll. They have a law forbidding the sale of dolls that do not have human faces.
    In Athens, Greece, a driver's license can be taken away if the driver is thought to be either "poorly dressed" or "unbathed"
    In Calgary Alberta, there is still a by-law that requires businesses within the city to provide rails for tying up horses.
    In Wilbur, Washington, it is illegal to ride an ugly horse. ( but can you make faces at him? )
    In Louisiana, biting someone with your natural teeth is considered "simple assault," but biting someone with your dentures is "aggravated assault."
    In the state of Washington, it is illegal to have sex with a virgin under any circumstances. (Including the wedding night.)
    In Switzerland, it is illegal for a man to relieve himself while standing up after 10pm.( even with the light on? )
    In Florida, it is illegal to **** in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays.
    In Massachusetts, it is illegal to go to bed without first having a bath. (However, another law prohibits bathing on Sunday)
    In Jidda, Saudi Arabia, women were banned from using hotel swimming pools in 1979.
    In Samoa, it's a crime to forget your own wife's birthday...
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

http://www.socyberty.com/Law/25-Craz...he-World.38998

We have all heard of some pretty silly laws. Here are twenty-five of the craziest I have ever heard of. (With the exception of #25, I think it is an unwritten law everywhere...)

In Bozeman, Montana, a law prohibits all sexual activity from the front yard of a home after sundown.
    In Salt Lake County, Utah, it's illegal to walk down the street carrying a violin in a paper bag.
    In San Francisco, it's illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner.
    In Devon, Texas, it is against the law to make furniture while you are nude.
    In Oklahoma, you can be arrested for making ugly faces at a dog. ( What if it's an ugly dog...?)
    In California it is illegal for a vehicle without a driver to exceed 60 miles per hour.
    In Florida men seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown can be fined.
    In South Carolina it is legal to beat your wife on the court house steps on Sundays.
    In Tennessee, you are breaking the law if you drive while sleeping...
    In New York, the penalty for jumping off a building is: Death. ( Go figure...)
    In Danville, Pennsylvania, all fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.
    In Pennsylvania, it's against the law to tie a dollar bill on a string on the ground and pull it away when someone tries to pick it up.
    In New York City, it's illegal for a restaurant to call a sandwich a "corned beef sandwich" if it's made with white bread and mayonnaise. ( I agree 100%! )
    In California it is illegal to set a mouse trap without a hunting license.
    In France, it is against the law to sell an "E.T" doll. They have a law forbidding the sale of dolls that do not have human faces.
    In Athens, Greece, a driver's license can be taken away if the driver is thought to be either "poorly dressed" or "unbathed"
    In Calgary Alberta, there is still a by-law that requires businesses within the city to provide rails for tying up horses.
    In Wilbur, Washington, it is illegal to ride an ugly horse. ( but can you make faces at him? )
    In Louisiana, biting someone with your natural teeth is considered "simple assault," but biting someone with your dentures is "aggravated assault."
    In the state of Washington, it is illegal to have sex with a virgin under any circumstances. (Including the wedding night.)
    In Switzerland, it is illegal for a man to relieve himself while standing up after 10pm.( even with the light on? )
    In Florida, it is illegal to **** in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays.
    In Massachusetts, it is illegal to go to bed without first having a bath. (However, another law prohibits bathing on Sunday)
    In Jidda, Saudi Arabia, women were banned from using hotel swimming pools in 1979.
    In Samoa, it's a crime to forget your own wife's birthday...
    Crazy ??
    Some of that is just good common sense !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Others would be counteracted by more recent laws if anyone attempted to apply their statutes.
    Simon McNeil

In Bozeman, Montana, a law prohibits all sexual activity from the front yard of a home after sundown. ...

Yikes!!

A few of us could have been arrested on the ski trip last year.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Nothing nitpicky about it. Accusing someone of child abuse and welfare fraud are serious allegations. I believe those are actually felonies. If I were her, and his assertions are bs, I'd go after him in civil court and in criminal court.
    Quite.

[Goes away and stabs himself in the eye for agreeing with 1bad...]
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

my brother and i got banned from austria for 10 years after we barricaded ourselves in an abandon building and stacked cobblestones in the window incase we needed to toss them at the 100 or so riot police that surrounded the place... we lasted 6 hours until the alcohol wore off... it was us, a few locals, a few bosnian refugees, and one boston chick who was on a university trip. we were allowed back in this year... boy how time does fly.

so i guess stacking bricks and stones in the windows to throw at police is against the law in austria.

Squatting
    B&E
    Assaulting an Officer
    Resisting Arrest

Yeah. You are lucky you didn't get jail time. You know, assuming this really happened. Not an assumption I would make considering you are a Troll.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Yeah. You are lucky you didn't get jail time. You know, assuming this really happened. Not an assumption I would make considering you are a Troll.
    call me a troll, but i ain't no liar... i spent two weeks in depo and had my DNA swabbed before they flew us back to the states and then had the gall to send us a bill for it... which of course we never paid.

i anticipate the feds knocking on my door to arrest me on charges relating to my stances on certain issues of american foreign policy, along with my general belief structure... any law can be enacted to make anything one does illegal, so it is no suprise to me that these sorts of things will be more frequent in the future... yet relating to this particular incident involving the accuasations of child abuse, i stand behind the an investigation into them... harming children and hiding the fact is beyond contempt... but stating personal beliefs that are at war with political correctedness is another issue. all i can say is... bring it on, i understand full well the repurcussions that may stem for my beliefs and i take full responsibility for speaking and expressing my views and beliefs... it takes courage to stand up for what one believes in...
    lol. dude, you are a pissant living in the woods, getting high and babbling on a forum.

hardly what would be worth expending dollar one concerning your political views which are more than anything tin foil hat wearing rants coming from an ignorant perspective.

just saying. lol. you wish you were somehow important, but unfortunately for you you can't bring yourself out of you drugged out stupor long enough to grasp any reality that is worthwhile.

now go back into your box of hate and get all riled up about police or something.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol. dude, you are a pissant living in the woods, getting high and babbling on a forum.
    kills the time i must say.
    hardly what would be worth expending dollar one concerning your political views which are more than anything tin foil hat wearing rants coming from an ignorant perspective.
    and thats their downfall... under-estimation.
    just saying. lol. you wish you were somehow important, but unfortunately for you you can't bring yourself out of you drugged out stupor long enough to grasp any reality that is worthwhile.
    yeah true, i am too busy working, chopping firewood, and building my martial arts training playground to be concerned with reality.
    now go back into your box of hate and get all riled up about police or something.
    just waiting patiently for something worthwhile to rant about... til then i am content just being who i am.

ya'll are really quite the comic relief.