Thread: resident evil

Hybrid View

resident evil

resident evil: degeneration

a friend of mines had a few early copies of this dvd a few weeks ago, i passed on it cause i thought it was just a continuation of the ****ty movies series. but then i found out it was actually a cgi version using the game characters so i jumped on it and needless to say i was not disappointed and at the same time i was. let me explain, the thing that disappointed me was: why couldnt the movie be like this, this film blew away all three movies into nothing but cinder. in the film we have two of the games main characters throughout the series, Claire and Leon from the second game on i think, also introducing a new character angela.

Plot:
    after umbrella corp. is revealed to have been making bio chemical weapons its stock plummets and it is dismantled, enter wilfarma a company that looks like the next umbrella corp. dealing in the same business, its stock begin to plummet, at the crux of this is a senator with ties to wilfarma, who comes to a city amidst massive protest, also enter Claire one of our three hero's she also part of one of the prostest groups, everything seems fine until a zombie shows up at the airport then all hell breaks loose. im not gonna go into to much plot detail as it would reveal to much so i'll leave it there.

what i liked about this cg film was it played out like a FMVv from the game and in fact it almost made you feel like you had to reach for your controller, the three leads and our villian were solid in terms of acting, the senator character was a bit to muhc for my taste. while the cg wasnt know where near advent children it was still good. i think the makers of the series should pay close attention to this film and maybe it will garner a re-invention(i hate the term reboot, its movies not a ****ing computer) of the movie, anyway gonna leep it brief, i'll give this movie, 8 out of ten for overall enjoyment. pick up a copy i think its out now,

Just saw it

It was definitely a great ride. The movies were okay (part two being my personal favorite) but this movie is something else!

I played part II way back when and this brought back all kinds of great memories. The movie will please fans of the game and those who were displeased with the live action movies.

The feats that they had accomplished with the CGI were just amazing. The G Virus beast was awesome. I thought Nemesis in part II was good but this movie had some great action. The voice acting was really good. I was hoping for a Japanese track.

I totally agree with Doug. This movie deserves a watch.

Then go watch Advent Children all over again.

Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

i was told it sucked and was ok. but this was form people who didnt really like the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Slightly OT

Li Bingbing just joined RE5, according to Milla's tweet.

Milla Jovovich
    Drum roll please! So, Ada Wong in RE5 is being played by Chinese actress Li Bingbing! We're so excited! Check get out on imdb!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have the hots for Milla so, anything with her is all good
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Zombie mishap

Looks like the zombies didn't have a good day on set...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/...20119156.shtml

It's all about Milla

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I have the hots for Milla so, anything with her is all good
    So you gonna check out that new Musketeers flick, SJ? I love Dumas, but the recent cinematic interpretations have sucked. Milla is the only reason I might go, but I doubt I will.

Milla Jovovich Fights Like A Girl!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    So you gonna check out that new Musketeers flick, SJ? I love Dumas, but the recent cinematic interpretations have sucked. Milla is the only reason I might go, but I doubt I will.

Milla Jovovich Fights Like A Girl!
    Milla in a period piece? *drools*
    There is something just uber-sexy about a beautiful woman that has NOT had any plastic done or boob job or anything silly like that.
    And she actually pulls off the fighting.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Bingbing confirmed

Milla's tweet was spot on

Li Bing Bing to play Ada Wong in new "Resident Evil" film
    Posted: 13 October 2011 1617 hrs

Li Bing Bing in a promotional photo for her previous Hollywood outing "The Forbidden Kingdom".

TORONTO: Chinese actress Li Bing Bing will join the cast of the upcoming Hollywood sci-fi horror film "Resident Evil: Retribution", the fifth installment in the "Resident Evil" film series.

Hollywood actress Milla Jovovich, who plays the lead character Alice in "Resident Evil: Retribution", announced via Twitter on Tuesday that Li will play the mysterious secret agent Ada Wong in the film.

"Resident Evil: Retribution", which is directed by Jovovich's husband Paul Anderson, is expected to be released in September next year.

The "Resident Evil" films were inspired by a popular survival-horror video game series of the same name, that pits players against zombies, mutant dogs and various other abominations.

The films feature many characters from the games though their storylines differ quite significantly from that of the games.

"Resident Evil: Afterlife",the latest film in the series, grossed a whopping US$300 million (S$383 million) worldwide.
    As for Milla as Milady, well, that's a complex role for her. Can she play that kind of psycho like Faye did?

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Olivia Jackson

Stunt woman who lost an arm in horrific accident while standing in for Milla Jovovich for Resident Evil motorbike scene sues for £2.2million after her career was destroyed
    Olivia Jackson, 37, was asked to perform a motorbike stunt on set in South Africa
    She smashed into a camera which did not lift fast enough as she sped forward
    Half of Olivia's face was torn off and her left arm had to be amputated
    She is seeking £2.2m in damages after her £220k a year career was taken away
    By JAMIE PYATT FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 04:02 EST, 12 December 2018 | UPDATED: 06:09 EST, 12 December 2018

Stunt woman Olivia Jackson who suffered horrific injuries in a nightmare accident on the set of Resident Evil is suing for over £2.2m after her film career was destroyed.

Super-fit Olivia, 37, pulled off death defying stunts and starred as a body double for Hollywood's top actresses in films including Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy and Mad Max.

In 2015 while she was performing a motorcycle stunt on the set of Resident Evil: The Final Chapter in Johannesburg, South Africa, she nearly lost her life in a horror accident.

Unexpected rain caused a fight scene she was due to appear in to be cancelled and she was instead told to stand in for actress Milla Jovovich in a high speed motorcycle stunt.

Olivia Jackson, 37, in hospital before her withered left arm was amputated (left) and afterwards (right)

Olivia (pictured before her accident) is a former professional Thai kick-boxer and continues to live an extremely active lifestyle despite her disability

Olivia and her British stuntman husband David Grant (Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, Captain America) are both keen motorcycle riders

Olivia was standing in for Milla Jovovich (pictured) while filming the latest Resident Evil movie in 2015

But the action shot went terribly wrong and she was thrown from her bike after a collision with a mechanical mobile film camera.

Her shocking list of injuries included having half her face torn off and having to have her left arm amputated and suffering serious brain swelling and severing a vital neck artery.

An X-ray of her body shows the catastrophic extent of her injuries which left the South African woman in a coma for 17 days fighting for her life

Olivia, married to a top British stunt man David Grant, was also left with a painfully twisted spine, a permanently dislocated shoulder, a severed thumb, punctured lungs and broken ribs.

The impact of the crash was so forceful that it broke dozens of her bones and was such that her left forearm was never found.

Three years on from the accident Olivia from Amersham, Buckinghamshire, has launched a legal fight in the Gauteng High Court, Pretoria, South Africa, for compensation for her injuries.

The stuntwoman had been tasked to ride a motorbike at high speed at a camera mounted on a mechanical arm on a Mercedes SUV which would be driving straight towards her.

The camera was to begin filming at ground level and then raise up and over Olivia's head as she drove the motorbike towards it for an action shot but it didn't raise up quickly enough.

Olivia, who was wearing a vest top, torn jacket and khaki jeans, was not required to wear a helmet for the stunt and the heavy camera slammed into her upper body and her face.

Three years on from the accident Olivia who lives in Amersham, Bucks, has launched a legal fight in the Gauteng High Court in Pretoria, South Africa, for compensation

The terribly injured former professional Thai kick boxer spent 17 days in a coma and doctors feared the worst but said her strength and fitness eventually helped save her life.

When she began to recover she received flowers and support whilst in intensive care from actress Milla Jovovich who she was doubling the stunts for on the Resident Evil film set.

Actresses Charlize Theron, Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley and Karen Gillan who Olivia has also body doubled for in stunts sent huge bouquets of flowers and personal messages to her.

Olivia suffered a painfully twisted spine, a permanently dislocated shoulder, a severed thumb, punctured lungs and broken ribs, and her left arm could not be recovered (pictured after surgery)

Brave Olivia has catalogued her slow road to recovery on her own Instagram page but has had to come to terms with the fact that she will never work in the movie industry again.

Papers lodged at the Gauteng High Court show she is seeking more than R40million (£2.2m) in damages following the accident on a section of road near a dam at Pelindaba, Pretoria.

They show Olivia is suing the Road Accident Fund, the production and stunt company involved as well as the camera crane operator, the driver of the vehicle and the film director.

The paperwork states that when she was previously working in the UK she earned £20,000 a month and whilst working on the set of Resident Evil in South Africa was on £12,500 a month.

Cape Town born UK resident Olivia states that she has been rendered unemployable. The court case was adjourned and will be listed for a full hearing to take place next year.

Brave Olivia has catalogued her recovery from near death in moving Instagram posts on her personal account to fans.
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Continued from previous post

In one caption beside a photograph she posted of her twisted back on her public Instagram account Olivia wrote: 'This is the twisted upper body I'm left with from my accident.

The stunning stunt woman is married to British stunt man David Grant and they live in Amersham, Bucks, together

Before her accident she earned £20,000 a month while living in Amersham and whilst working on the set of Resident Evil in South Africa was on £12,500 a month

'Scew spine, off centred neck (the most painful part), twisted shoulder blade, permanently dislocated shoulder, 1 arm, muscle atrophy on the left hand side of my core and plenty more other treats.

'I don't mean to moan but sometimes I must want to crawl out of my own skin & all the pains in it'.

Another emotional photograph Olivia shared is a 'before' photo of her left hand appearing enormously swollen with a withered left arm and 'after' shot which showed the arm amputation.

She wrote to her Instagram fans: 'Goodbye to my withered arm, hello my stump. Not how I planned my life to go but just go to embrace what I have & move onwards and upwards.

'Luckily I have an awesome supportive team behind me' she said.

Husband David from Kings Lynn, Norfolk, who has done stunts in dozens of Hollywood blockbusters met Olivia on a set and kept a bedside vigil with her while she was in a coma.

In an interview back at their home in Amersham, Bucks, Olivia told the Sunday Mirror: 'Sometimes when I catch a sight of my stump in the mirror I feel a wave of sadness.

'There's no point in feeling down about life – it won't make my arm grow back. I used to miss my old face but now I style my hair to fall forwards to hide the big scar'.

In a You Tube film interview with Neale James she described what she remembered of the life changing accident.

Olivia said: 'I was doubling for an actress who was a zombie killer who saves the world. We were shooting motorcycle stuff and I had to ride towards a vehicle coming towards me.

'There was a Mercedes SUV with a crane on the side of it and a camera at the end of the crane which moves around and I was supposed to drive towards the camera vehicle.

'It was coming in the opposite direction with the camera starting on the floor and it was supposed to lift up and go over me but they just didn't lift the camera up in time.

In one of her Instagram posts after the accident, Olivia wrote: 'I don't mean to moan but sometimes I must want to crawl out of my own skin & all the pains in it'

'I went straight into it and it hit me on my face and shoulder. I remember the day up until a few seconds before it happened but luckily your brain switches it off for you' she said.

In another interview she revealed she is in constant pain three years on from the accident.

Olivia, who was newlywed when injured, said: 'It is so tempting to hate the people that did this to me but I try to rather use that energy to focus on getting better and staying positive'.

And in an Instagram pic on husband David's site Olivia wrote: 'We have built an amazing home together with two fluffy kids and he loves me even though I am a one armed bandit!'

The court case for compensation will be heard in early 2019 and stunt woman Olivia is expected to be present.

She is suing Canada based independent film production company Davis/Impact Films, Cape Town based Pyranha Stunts, stunt co-ordinator Grant Hully and the camera tracking company Bickers Action SA.
    THREADS
    Stunts - injuries & deaths
    resident evil
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Olivia Jackson

Milla Jovovich's 'Resident Evil' Stunt Double Speaks Out on Crash That Left Her Partially Paralyzed
    8:45 AM PDT 9/18/2019 by Scott Johnson

Screen Gems/Photofest; Courtesy of NFLawFirm
    Milla Jovovich in 2016's 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' (inset: Olivia Jackson)

"Numerous things were changed at the last minute that I wasn’t aware of," says Olivia Jackson of the September 2015 on-set motorcycle accident.

For 17 days after a horrific incident left her severely injured and partially paralyzed, stunt performer Olivia Jackson suffered from nightmares and hallucinations while in a medically induced coma.

In one of these visions, Jackson was being jerked around a bridge at lightning speed while tethered by rope to a motorcycle.

Of all the dreams she had, that one bore a passing resemblance to the real-life event that landed the former model and Cape Town native in the hospital after the first day of shooting began on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter in her home country in September 2015.

“You just have the deepest, the darkest, the heaviest hallucinations and nightmares, one after the other,” she tells The Hollywood Reporter during an interview. “They’re so vivid, so real, you think that’s reality.”

Last week Jackson filed a lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court against the film’s director, Paul Anderson, producer Jeremy Bolt and production companies Tannhauser Gate Inc, Impact Pictures and Bolt Pictures behind the blockbuster franchise, which has brought in upward of a billion dollars at the box office. The suit is seeking unspecified damages. None of the companies responded to a request for comment.

"Olivia has confronted her devastating injuries with relentless courage, but she continues to face immense physical and emotional challenges," states Jackson's attorney, Gabe Barenfeld. "Olivia deserves full financial support to aid her in this ongoing battle."

Speaking from her home in the U.K., where she lives with her husband Dave Grant, also a stunt performer, Jackson says she only took the job as Milla Jovovich’s stunt double at the last minute, after another stunt performer got injured.

A former Muay Thai fighter who had a special expertise with motorbiking, Jackson was a good fit for the movie. She had plenty of experience on blockbuster action movies, doubling for actress Rosie Huntington Whiteley in Mad Max: Fury Road and performing stunts in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. I.

She says she took the Resident Evil job while waiting for production to begin on another movie she had signed up for, the then-upcoming Wonder Woman, which would be filming back home in the U.K.

The crew had been rehearsing a fight scene for weeks when, on the day shooting was to begin, Jackson learned that the fight scene they’d been rehearsing was to be replaced with another, unrelated sequence.

This one involved riding a motorcycle at full speed toward an action van mounted with a crane-mounted camera that would itself be traveling full speed in her direction. After a couple of takes that went well, Jackson started the third, live run.

Only this time, unbeknownst to her, some key elements of the stunt had been changed, according to the lawsuit.

“Numerous things were changed at the last minute that I wasn’t aware of,” she says, “Which resulted in the crane operator not lifting the crane in time and basically driving it straight into my left arm and left shoulder.”

She was rushed to the hospital where staff induced a coma. Jackson survived, but was left with monumental physical and emotional scars. The camera had ripped a portion of her jaw off, leaving her teeth exposed. She suffered nerve damage to her spine and her left arm was amputated above her elbow.

“It’s had such a huge impact on every single part of my life, my body is so physically damaged and a lot of it beyond repair,” she says, “Every single moment of my time I’ve got nerve pain.”

The upper-right quadrant of her body remains paralyzed, along with a portion of her face, and she says she has a "droopy eye" with a pupil that refuses to dilate.

Jackson says she’s doing her best to recover, and has started to resume a physical regimen that includes kickboxing. She also volunteers at an equestrian center that helps elderly people with dementia. And she meditates, which she says helps with the pain.

“One of the hardest things is I lost the life I loved,” she says, “I knew that I would never work again. I loved my job with all my heart.”

SCOTT JOHNSON
    THRnews@thr.com
    @scott_c_johnson
    THREADS
    resident evil
    Stunts - injuries & deaths
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips