I've been following this film on our Bollywood thread since May of this year. I was just watching some DirectTV from India at lunch at an Indian restaurant next to Naz Theater, and caught a news item on this flick. Deepika was breaking a board in a long black evening gown. It made me realize that CCgtC really deserves its own thread. There's a few odd posts about it on the Bollywood thread, but we'll post the new stuff here.

China's veteran SHAOLIN star in CHANDNI CHOWK...
November 18, 2008 6:38:06 PM IST

Nikhil Advani's next film after SALAAM–E–ISHQ, the Akshay Kumar and Deepika Padukone starrer, CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA, has been in the news for a while now. From the atrociously high prices that the film is commanding to the Deepika's double role, it has been a favourite with the press and the print media.

However there is one aspect of the film that not many have touched upon. It's the legendery Shaolin Temple connections!

Well, as we all know that the film has been extensively shot in China and that Akshay Kumar and Deepika Padukone have performed some death defying stunts and we are not here to tell you that. Actually we want to tell you about Gordon Liu, a very famous, Chinese martial art film actor.

Those who have an interest in Hollywood and Chinese films will remember Gordon for his stupendous performances in the award winning KILL BILL series (1 and 2). Apart from that martial arts based film enthusiasts who have relished SHAOLIN series and especially THE 36th CHAMBER OF SHOALIN, will always remember Gordon Liu as San Te or 'Master Killer' for his deadly martial arts prowess.

Here's looking forward to the 'Master Killer' and Khiladi duel on 16th January 2009!
I'm the next female Akshay Kumar: Deepika
TimePublished on Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 21:58, Updated on Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:06 in Entertainment section

MTV Roadies is back with a bigger better and more adventurous journey in its sixth season, Roadies — Hell Down Under is gearing for a ride to Australia with 20 roadies and a price money of Rs 10,00,000.

And while the show has tied up with Rohan Sippy's Chandani Chowk To China ,it was Deepika Padukone who seemed to be going the Roadies way by doing some action in the film.

Deepika was all praises for the stunts she's done in the film.

"I'm sure I have gone through a lot of death defying action in the film. But I was prepared for it when I signed the film," she said.

Sporting a new look Deepika also shared her moment of action with Khiladi Kumar and learnt a few tricks for survival as well.

"Akshay taught me lots of action. He said that action is like dancing so you have to be very graceful while doing it," she said.

"I like to believe that main next female Akshay Kumkar hoon (I'm the nest female Akshay Kumar)" she added.