Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steven Seagal: Lawman

bummer

These lone episode may be your only chance to see the show...
    Seagal colossal decline
    Post staff writer
    Last Updated: 12:19 PM, December 14, 2009
    Posted: 2:39 AM, December 14, 2009

Steven Seagal, the martial-arts movie star who is trying his hand at reality TV, ought to file a missing-persons report -- because he's lost nearly half his audience in a week.

Between Weeks 1 and 2 of his new show, "Lawman" on A&E, more than 43 percent of his viewers disappeared, according to Nielsen.

On the show, Seagal is followed by cameras as he rides along -- as a deputy -- with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana.

The show got mixed reviews from critics for its unintentional comedy, poking fun at Seagal's action-hero reputation and the sheer awkwardness of a Hollywood actor comporting himself as a cop in the real world of petty crime and traffic stops.

From the ratings, it would appear a lot of fans believe one episode was enough for them.

The series' premiere two weeks ago set a record for the longtime cable channel, 3.6 million viewers.

But by last week, the ratings were down to just 2 million people watching.

That's not a bad number for cable TV, where about 1 million viewers is the cutoff for failure on new shows, but disappointing for a show with a big-bang start.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Yeah, I caught a couple episodes that were shown in a row. Aside from Seagal's presence, it's even less interesting than Cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yeah, I caught a couple episodes that were shown in a row. Aside from Seagal's presence, it's even less interesting than Cops.
    When you consider that he is working in a suburb of New Orleans, it is only a matter of time before it gets interesting. I read somewhere that New Orleans is the most dangerous city in the US. When I lived there it was wild and wooly at times. The man has achieved more in his life than most men have and is still living a dream. I find him to be a very interesting individual.

LCP

I love Steven, the few times I have met him and had a chance to train with him a bit, were great times, and I know how little he cares about his "movie image" sort of speaking, that is why he signed that nice contract for all those straight to DVD movies.
    I do still miss the "old" Seagal at times though.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I love Steven, the few times I have met him and had a chance to train with him a bit, were great times, and I know how little he cares about his "movie image" sort of speaking, that is why he signed that nice contract for all those straight to DVD movies.
    I do still miss the "old" Seagal at times though.
    ...the wife beating Seagal?
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    LOL !
    Sometimes a ***** needs mofu slap !!

I was referring to his movies and I can say this, those incidents changed the man for the better, Hollywood can be a poison for some.
    No excuse mind you, there is no excuse for that, but there are reasons.

Sacky Chan

This show sounds strangely entertaining... will it survive the season?
    TV Recap: Steven Seagal Lawman - "Medicine Man"

We are headed into the New Year and we have yet to run out of Lawman episodes so let’s take care of the latest recap! In this past week’s episode, "Medicine Man," Seagal fans are treated to the usual formula: Seagal and his team patrol the streets, eventually spot a suspect, and get involved in some sort of profanity-laced foot chase that inevitably sets up the episode’s theme.

This week’s chases include a suspicious person in front of a liquor store, some guy driving while intoxicated, and some more suspicious guys in a parking lot. Apparently all the chases were more than Colonel John Fortunato’s knee could handle — ergo, this week’s theme!

After the first few chases Seagal decides to take Colonel Fortunato to a Chinese medicine man for some knee relief. Not only do we learn that Seagal is an expert in traditional Chinese medicine but we also get to see Seagal use acupuncture to treat Fortunato’s weight problem. Is his large appetite the reason he has knee problems? We really never find out but Seagal does offer us this: “We’ll speed up the metabolism and you will eat less, digest more, and lose weight.”

Later, during one of the profanity-laced foot chases, Seagal is outrun by a fleeing suspect. However, Seagal does explain why the guy escaped. "He just outran me — he had too much of a head start."

Yeah, right. All I can say is that if Seagal’s physique and apparent foot speed is evidence of the effectiveness of acupuncture for weight loss, then Mr. Fortunato had better plan to buy larger pants.

The chuckle of the week goes to some drunken guy who was driving his vehicle while drinking bourbon from a cup. Since he had no outstanding warrants, Seagal’s team calls the drunk a cab and eventually lets him go. However, during the interaction, this guy questions Seagal’s martial arts prowess and rattles off a list of Hollywood martial artists who he thinks Steven could or could not “take.” Included in this list is the lesser known martial artist, “Sacky Chan.”

And that quote, my friend, pretty much sums up this episode.

Sacky Chan!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

darn thatw as a great show tv

im a still a big steven seagal fan i even like his newer movies as well they are always reliable for providing good stuff

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    No kidding.

The guy is a total douche. He married his way into his Aikido rank and then dumped her when he got famous, he beat at least one wife, he committed polygamy, he slept with his children's nanny, he used his Hollywood power to sexually harrass women (google Steven Seagal and Jenny McCarthy to see her hilarious story about him trying to get her on his 'casting couch'), and yet he somehow convinced the Tibetans to say he is a reincarnated Lama.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    No kidding.

The guy is a total douche. He married his way into his Aikido rank and then dumped her when he got famous, he beat at least one wife, he committed polygamy, he slept with his children's nanny, he used his Hollywood power to sexually harrass women (google Steven Seagal and Jenny McCarthy to see her hilarious story about him trying to get her on his 'casting couch'), and yet he somehow convinced the Tibetans to say he is a reincarnated Lama.
    You say all that stuff as if they were bad things.

No kidding.

wow ididnt know all that i thought he just got involved with the mob a bit and that was all

ah well i still like him anyway

really whos hasnt tried to get in jenny mc carthys pants and claimed they were a reincarnated lama at one point in their life

was it this kind of lama
    http://dpkgi.free.fr/files/lama.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You say all that stuff as if they were bad things.
    Well, he did fail to get in Jenny's pants. And the way he tried to bed her was hilarious.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

i just saw seagal in the jimmy kimble show. it was actually pretty funny. he 'trained' with the security staff there and they are all like older people and he was telling them how ashamed he was of them. all in good humor of course.

there was one guard, some like 60 year old asian lady who said 'i want to **** the **** ouf of steven seagal" that was so funny.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

No kidding.

Most of this is just conjecture and personal opinion. No basis for it. And what real man has not been married for more then a few years has not intertained the thought of whipping his wife's a$$ now and then? And the nanny thing. It all depends on what she looks like. Or looked like at the time.
    I don't see anything here that has not been done by just about everyone in the movie business. What makes him any worse? And besides that, can you whip him?

LCP