Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Seagal: Lawman

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Steven Seagal: Lawman: Coming Soon
    The trailer is on youtube.
    I'm not sure but...based on this link and the previous one at the beginning of the thread..let me get this straight now...

according to Revelations, this show is one of the signs of the impending Apocalypse, yes?

This story just keeps getting better and better

I'm starting to really want to see this now.
    Steven Seagal's Reality Show Under Siege
    Posted Aug 24th 2009 2:20PM by TMZ Staff

Who knew Steven Seagal is still so hot people would sue over him.

A production company claims A&E stole its idea to do a reality show featuring Seagal. The Idea Factory claims it pitched some crazy ideas to A & E, including one where Seagal would live with Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme. A&E was not impressed.

But of course, A&E eventually saw the light and decided to create a show with Seagal, sans Norris and Van Damme -- and sans The Idea Factory.

A&E says the show will portray Seagal's "real life."

Apparently, The Idea Factory has made rumblings of a lawsuit -- and also sent A&E a bill for "a vast sum." So A&E has filed legal papers, asking a judge to say they don't owe The Idea Factory squat.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Now I'm bummed...

I would have loved to receive a screener DVD in a tiny branded flack jacket.
    'Steven Seagal Lawman' press kit arrives wrapped in baby body armor
    By Dave Walker
    October 27, 2009, 4:00AM

The A&E network reality series documenting actor Steven Seagal’s reserve deputy work with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office doesn’t debut until December 2, but advance publicity materials are arriving in TV critics’ mailboxes all over the country.

The “Steven Seagal Lawman” press kit delivered to the Times-Picayune arrived wrapped in a tiny branded flack jacket. Inside were a screener DVD ("It's no act," says the box) a disc containing several publicity stills from the upcoming series.

More about the episodes later.

Oh, OK: The premiere details Segal’s participation in a high-speed car chase, some movie-star schmoozing outside a local barroom after a troublemaker is rousted and Seagal’s efforts to impart ninja-style training techniques on the JPSO gun range.

Seagal is also worshipful of the “late, great Harry Lee,” whose idea it was to allow Seagal, identified on-screen as a reserve deputy chief, onto the force.

"For 20 years, Steven Seagal has been a deputy in the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, a job he's kept out of the limelight ... until now," reads the opening credits. "This program shows real people being arrested by real police officers. They are presumed innocent until proven guilty."

Here’s a sneak peek of some "Lawman" imagery making the publicity rounds, as well as a Press Kit Theater sequence unwrapping the package itself. Enjoy.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

It starts tonight

I don't get A&E so I won't be watching.
    'Steven Seagal: Lawman' full of possibilities
    Tim Goodman
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009

You can be excused for thinking that "Steven Seagal: Lawman" is another in the action movie star's canon of B-movies. You know, the kind of film where breaking bones with martial arts and aiming to kill (and succeeding) are part of the script.

But for most people, finding out that Seagal has been a real-life deputy for nearly 20 years in the Jefferson Parish sheriff's office in Louisiana might come as a mind-rattling shock. The beefy tough guy is not just a martial arts expert who has helped train officers while being a member of their force, he's also an expert marksman who has worked with the parish's SWAT team.

Tonight at 10, you can see him in uniform as A&E presents a "Cops"-style reality series called "Steven Seagal: Lawman." What makes this series so compelling is the fact that so few people knew Seagal was doing this - and that the actor never used it for publicity even when his career could have used a boost.

So, why now? Here's what Seagal said in the A&E press notes: "I've been working as an officer in Jefferson Parish for two decades under most people's radar. I've decided to work with A&E on this series now because I believe it's important to show the nation all the positive work being accomplished here in Louisiana - to see the passion and commitment that comes from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in this post-Katrina environment."

Seagal has also noted that after Hurricane Katrina, Louisiana police forces have lost officers and the series might be a way to interest recruits. He certainly makes a compelling case for doing good while also tapping into what has made him an action movie star - he looks like a bad-ass in his uniform. Seagal looks as if he means business - and in a succession of crimes-in-progress scenarios he certainly does. And though he doesn't appear to be the most fleet of foot - nobody in the five-officer team he's a part of looks especially quick, in fact - you definitely don't want to let him catch you.

As the television season enters a holiday lull, there's no telling how well a show like "Steven Seagal: Lawman" will do, but the bet here is pretty well, if for nothing else the curiosity factor.

How Seagal kept his second career "under the radar" is pretty impressive. And it brings to mind all kinds of what-if possibilities that might have TV industry types salivating. Think about how cool these would be:

"Simon Cowell: Auto Executive." Sure, the testy and judgmental "American Idol" host doesn't need the money, but think about how he could help reshape a moribund industry. "It's a crossover? Well you've crossed over the line on taste, I'm afraid. It would be ugly as a truck, but it's hideous as a family car. Is your idea to ridicule the American public? Drive it away from me before I vomit, and come back with something we can sell. And if I see a plastic dash masquerading as walnut, you'll be fired."

"Gordon Ramsay: Governor." Any state would work, but California might be the best place for him (once he gains citizenship, naturally). Where Arnold Schwarzenegger is all puffed-up bluster and promised a nonpolitical style of leadership, Ramsay would simply yell at the top of his lungs every day and drop f-bombs all over the place. Every night he'd be the lead item on the news, berating lawmakers and lobbyists and telling journalists (and voters) to bleep and bleep-bleep-bleep and if they didn't like that they could bleep themselves or bleep-bleep, bleep-bleep until someone cared.

"Oprah: Queen." Why not? It's a ceremonial title and if no one told her that, she could probably do a lot of good while making people hug and cry. And read.

"George Clooney: Bartender." Certainly not as action-packed as "Steven Seagal: Lawman," but come on - he'd be the world's best bartender. Everybody would want to talk to him. He's got that warm, understanding smile. And everyone would want to be his friend. Plus, the stories from the barstool would make the show careen through comedy and tragedy.

Who knows? Maybe there are other celebrities out there keeping their hobbies and second careers "under the radar." In the meantime, if you're in Louisiana and somebody familiar pulls you over, do not make any quick moves. And don't ask him for his autograph, either.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Too bad they never approved the show where Seagal lives with Van Damme and Norris. That would have been freaking hilarious.

Now I kind of want to see this...

Steven Seagal IS Mr. Miyagi!
    By Jeniffer Kelly
    Published: December 03, 2009

I’ve seen some outlandish reality show premises in my time - people with 18 kids, celebrities going through rehab, even women pretending to be attracted to the likes of Bret Michaels and Flava Flav. But whoever pitched “Steven Seagal: Lawman” deserves an Emmy.

I can hear it now: “It’s kind of like ‘Cops’ meets ‘Karate Kid’ meets crazy.” This show already has cult status in my book, and it just premiered last night!

Who knew? Steven Seagal, action star, is also Steven Seagal, Deputy Sheriff. (I know this because in the opening credits he actually growls dramatically, “My name is Steven Seagal --THAT’S RIGHT -- Steven Seagal ... Deputy Sheriff.”) Apparently Officer Steve has been serving the people of Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, for the last 20 years.

If you didn’t catch the premiere last night, set your DVR. This is a must-see, but probably not for the reasons Seagal intended. Law enforcement is clearly a no-nonsense job, and Seagal seems to be sincere in his efforts to fight crime. The thing is, though, his seriousness translates into sheer comedy; one might compare him to a William Shatner or a David Caruso.

You see, it’s almost as if Seagal is playing a role on either a sitcom or a crime drama -- I haven’t decided which it is yet -- about a wacky yet capable Zen police officer.
    If you didn’t know that he was a lifelong practitioner of martial arts, then you will ... after he mentions it at least five times. Apparently he is one of the world’s highest-ranking teachers in aikido. And just like any guru, he not only has the martial arts experience but the wisdom to back it up.

An example of one of his pearls: “The more we know about what’s happening out there, the safer we are.” A regular Mr. Miyagi.

Adding to the “melodramedy” of it all are some of the post-production effects. It’s almost as if the producers want to set him up as having a sixth sense about crime. The patrol car passes two young men, nothing to be alarmed about. But then, there is some sort of flash and a “CSI”-like sound effect, which obviously means that we are now seeing the scene through Steven’s eyes. He caught something that we laypeople could not. That perp has a gun!

And, by the way, apparently Steven sees in black and white. Must be a Zen thing.

You’d never guess it, but Seagal is actually an expert marksman. (Again, he is a real police officer, ya’ll!) While helping a fellow officer improve his aim, he explains that the key is pushing the bullet out rather than just pulling the trigger.

Whatever hippie nonsense he uses seems to work, though. He shows off by shooting the tips off Q-tips, leaving only the “Q.” When he also shoots the tip off of a match, he seems disappointed that it failed to light but his Zen attitude keeps him in check.

During altercations with perps, he keeps calm. When a suspect gets agitated before kicking out the squad car window, Seagal simply says, “That gentleman is not a very good Zen practitioner.” I wouldn’t be surprised if in next week’s episode, he offered a yoga lesson mid-arrest!

This program has so much potential for hilarity and I hope that some of my questions are answered as the season progresses. For instance, has Seagal been a full-time cop for the past 20 years or is he amping up his presence on the squad for the reality show? I mean, how could a full-time cop find the time to film such gems as “Today You Die” and “Pistol Whipped?”

A&E promises that the cameras will follow Seagal on-duty and off, as he “pursues his many ventures -- including musical performances and philanthropic efforts.” Oooh, musical performances! I hope there’s a song about a cop who fights crime with martial arts and movie stardom.

Guess we’ll have to tune in next week to find out. I’m hooked.
    But not the musical performances. Lawd no. Not Seagal's music.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I watched an episode last night. This stuff is way better than Dog.
    I crack up at Seagal's facial expressions and how they film it, kinda Reno 911 ish.
    Of course they had to throw in some Aikido training with his fellow cops and recruits. I'll definitely watch it again.

I love how in one instance Deputy Seagal is telling a guy " We're trying to find MURDERERS, we're not looking for guys like you." And shocker, during one foot chase seen, the perp gets away from all the slow obese officers.

3.5 million viewers?!?!

And brothernumber9 was the only one from our forum? Come on now. Some one else here must have watched. 'fess up!
    Steven Seagal Lawman Breaks A&E Record
    DATE: 12/03/09

The launch of A&E's new original series "Steven Seagal Lawman" premiered Wednesday night at 10PM ET/PT with a record-breaking 3.5 million total viewers and 2.0 million viewers adults 18-49 and 25-54 over two back-to-back episodes, making it the most-watched original series launch in the network's history among all key demos.

The series also witnessed growth episode-to-episode climbing from 3.4 million viewers at 10PM to 3.6 million at 10:30PM. Back-to-back new episodes of "Steven Seagal Lawman" air weekly Wednesdays at 10PM and 10:30PM ET/PT.

The success comes on the heels of Monday night's record-breaking performance, when the hit series "Hoarders" temporarily became the network's best ever season opener for any original A&E series among adults 18-49 and 25-54.

"Steven Seagal Lawman" chronicles martial arts expert and international film star Steven Seagal's extraordinary life in law enforcement. "Steven Seagal Lawman" is produced for A&E Network by ITV Studios (formerly Granada America) and Steamroller Productions. John X. Kim is the Executive Producer, Lucas Platt is the Co- Executive Producer, and Anna Geddes is the Series Producer for ITV Studios. Steven Seagal and Phillip B. Goldfine are Executive Producers for Steamroller Productions. Joe Halpin and Binh Dang are Producers for Steamroller Productions. Executive Producers for A&E are Robert Sharenow and Neil A. Cohen.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

if i watched tv id totally watch it. everyone likes to rag on seagal, and so do i, but i do respect the man as a martial artist. hell ive been entertained by him on screen more than once.

admit it, under seige was cool, and not just cuz of the tits....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    This stuff is way better than Dog.
    No way.

Dog is hilarious. It's like a real life Beverly Hillbillies.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    so does Segal wear a really big body armor? Like down to his knees?
    Did you guys notice that his jackets keep getting bigger? He went from shirt out, to nehru jacket, to huge coat, to what, a Mu-Mu?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

God, the show is horrible.

"see, he's not going to resist you if you take his wrist"

"if you do this you can flip him"

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    you know that quote from fight clue? "If you could fight one celebrity, who would it be?" Mine would be steven segal... he's such a douchbag.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I can't think of Steven Seagal without thinking of Will Sasso...

Forwarded by a friend

This is a little dated, but it's still funny.

Tuesday, March 20, 2001
    Top Ten Messages On Steven Seagal's Answering Machine
    10."Great film. Was it a challenge memorizing your four lines?"
    9."This is Blockbuster. You have a bunch of overdue Steven Seagal movies"
    8."You know that part when the bad guy said something that made you mad, so you kicked him? How do you come up with stuff like that?"
    7."This is Bob at the carwash. All of a sudden you're too big to come to work?"
    6."Hey, Steve, it's the devil. Remember that contract you signed?"
    5."Stevie Seagal, it's Josh Goldstein from your Hebrew school"
    4."Hey, it's Letterman. Can you give me a ride to kung fu class?"
    3."You have no messages"
    2."It's your brother: I want $50,000 in unmarked bills or I reveal that you're 74 years old"
    1."Your new movie kicks ass!!! You're awesome!!! Give me a call in the Oval Office"
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips