Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steven Seagal: Lawman

Hybrid View

Steven Seagal: Lawman

I'm just gonna post this here and let it ride. Y'all know how I feel about Seagal.
    A&E and Seagal put viewers under siege

By Kimberly Nordyke

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Steven Seagal is heading to the small screen, signing to star in a reality series for A&E that will chronicle his little-known life in law enforcement.

Segal, an actor and martial arts expert with a seventh-degree black belt in aikido, has been working as a fully commissioned deputy with the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in Louisiana for the past 20 years. In addition to going out on patrol, Seagal is said to be an expert marksman who has worked with the Jefferson Parish SWAT team and has instructed officers in firearms and hand-to-hand combat.

"Steven Seagal: Lawman" will follow Seagal and a team of deputies as they respond to crimes in progress and also focus on Seagal's off-duty ventures, including musical performances and philanthropic efforts in Jefferson Parish and New Orleans.

"I believe it's important to show the nation all the positive work being accomplished here in Louisiana -- to see the passion and commitment that comes from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office in this post-Katrina environment," Seagal said of his decision to do the series.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Seagal versus Dog

I crossed paths with Dog in HI a few years ago. I was on a bus in Honolulu's Chinatown and he gets on with a camera crew behind him. At the time, I didn't know who he was. He searched the bus rather dramatically and left abruptly. It was so absurd my kid was all like "who was that clown?" Later that evening, we were channel surfing and we saw the show for the first time. It was very surreal.
    A&E reality suits Steven Seagal
    'Lawman' slated for late 2009 bow
    By MIKE FLAHERTY

Steven Seagal can now add "reality TV lead" to his resume, as A&E is in production on nonfiction skein "Steven Seagal: Lawman" in New Orleans.

According to the net, Seagal has been working on and off as a fully commissioned deputy with the Jefferson Parish County Sheriff's Office for nearly two decades. One of his stints found him assisting with recovery efforts during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

"Lawman" also will document his life off the beat, including his musical and philanthropic activities in the Big Easy.

Seagal toplined a series of successful actioners in the '90s, most profitably in the "Under Siege" couplet. His Warner Bros. contract was not renewed in 1997; since then he has appeared mostly in straight-to-video projects and exclusively so since 2003. Most recently, he wrote and starred in "Kill Switch" for First Look Intl.; it bowed on Oct. 7.

The pickup occurs amid A&E's plan to resurrect another '90s stalwart, Patrick Swayze, in FBI drama "The Beast," which will bow in January.

"I decided to work with A&E on this series now because I believe it's important to show the nation all the positive work being accomplished here in Louisiana," Seagal said of the new venture.

Seagal "helps fight crime because he cares about the community," said Robert Sharenow, A&E's senior veep of nonfiction and alternative programming. "Lawman" is skedded for a late 2009 bow.
    Steven Seagal Gets a Real Badge, Reality Show
    Today 11:55 AM PST by Josh Grossberg

Steven Seagal is out for justice again...this time for realsies.

The erstwhile big-screen action hero has become an honest-to-goodness crimefighter in New Orleans, a gig he's ready to share with the TV-viewing public.

His movie career mired in the direct-to-DVD dustbin, Seagal, 57, has now been deputized by the Jefferson Parish County Sheriff's Office, and he's preparing a Cops-like reality series for A&E that documents his efforts to clean up the Big Easy. The show is set to premiere in late 2009.

We're just waiting for the inevitable programming block of Steven Seagal: Lawman and Dog the Bounty Hunter. TiVos set for stunned.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Seagal is becoming a parady of himself.
    I know recall why I never watch "reality" TV.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I crossed paths with Dog in HI a few years ago. I was on a bus in Honolulu's Chinatown and he gets on with a camera crew behind him. At the time, I didn't know who he was. He searched the bus rather dramatically and left abruptly. It was so absurd my kid was all like "who was that clown?" Later that evening, we were channel surfing and we saw the show for the first time. It was very surreal.
    It seems to me if you're a bounty hunter trying to catch criminals, it would be counterproductive to tramp around with a camera crew and, probably worse, Dog's loud and distinctive dress/appearance. I find it kinda funny that before he catches his perps, he often refers to them as "b***h", "m**f**r", etc. But after they've caught him/her, he acts like they're all best buddies and preaches religion to them. I got tired of it after awhile.

the Seagal Train rolls on ...

or is it a train wreck?

I was at the grocery store and did a double take after seeing this on the shelf: Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt

I get the feeling he will not rest until he's permeated every aspect of the entertainment industry ... gotta admit the guy's persistent and diversified!
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kao View Post
    ... gotta admit the guy's persistent and diversified!
    Like herpes.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

a preview

Steven Seagal: Lawman: Coming Soon
    The trailer is on youtube.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Production halted

Too bad as the scandal might have livened up the show.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Lawman Steven Seagal in the News

I guess not everyone is a fan.

Steven Seagal is being threatened with a lawsuit over his part in a police raid that was taped for his A&E reality show, TMZ reported.

The actor, who has served as a reserve deputy sheriff since the mid-'80s, was part of a team that arrived at Jesus Sanchez Llovera's Arizona house in March with a tank and armed in full riot gear, Llovera alleges in his legal documents.

VIDEO: Steven Seagal Arrives for Police Bust in Tank

Llovera claims that the raid, carried out by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department, was "unfounded" because they believed Llovera was raising roosters for illegal ****fighting. But he says the roosters are only "for show."

Llovera -- who served both Seagal and Sheriff Joe Arpaio with an official notice of claim, the first step toward a lawsuit -- says his 11-month-old puppy was shot and killed during the raid and that police also killed more than 100 of his roosters.

STORY: A&E, Steven Seagal Resolve Multimillion-Dollar 'Lawman' Suit

Additionally, he says the police rammed the tank into a gate on his property and that his home suffered "substantial damage."

Llovera is seeking $100,000 in damages and wants a "formal written apology" from Seagal to his children for the death of their puppy, "a beloved family pet."

According to TMZ, the entire incident was recorded for Seagal's reality show, Steven Seagal Lawman.

A&E declined comment when contacted by The Hollywood Reporter. Seagal and the Maricopa County authorities have yet to comment.

Even IF the guy was raising chickens to fight, you do NOT shoot a puppy, that is just wrong!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

i agree...thats wrong...and a tank??for some **** chickens...a tank? wow what a way to spend tax payers money...glad i dont live in that county...nypd doesnt even have tanks.

Segal kills puppy to stop animal cruelity!

He also drove a TANK through a dude's house on a routine dog fighting raid...

Discuss

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...killing-puppy/

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Jesus Llovera’s
    what a name...
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

The puppy had it coming! It just says Seagal was there doesn't say he drove the tank or shot any animals. A nice smear campaign nonetheless.
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammer; 09-02-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Louisiana is like a foreign contry. No counties, but parrishes. I have stood right next to Steven, and at 5'4" I would have needed a tall ladder to spit in his face. Even if he didn't know any fighting techniques he could whip most mens butt. Probably weighs in at over 300 pounds too.
    I don't believe he killed any animals or drove a tank. I think most of it is simply bs. You gots to credit the guy. He left home in persuit of his dream and is now living it. He gots more money than anyone here too.
    Jackie Lee