Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Expendables=jet li+sylvester stallone+jason statham

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    the thing that makes me laugh about this project, is that according to some friends i know working on this thing, sly originally wanted this to be a spoof action movie, making fun of the movies he, chuck, arnold and all the other 80s action hero's made. but once fans got wind of it, the story became something else. actually it now sounds more like the dc vertigo comic book the losers....
    THE LOSERS, by the way is shooting in Puerto Rico shortly. It should also be noted that the Vertigo version of THE LOSERS was a sort of remake of the old WWII comic of the same title.

yeah so i heard....both these movies may come out around the same time..awkward!!!!

reminds me of when Armageddon came out a week after Deep Impact.

New trailer

This looks pretty entertaining to me...

Expendables trailer
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

it was taken down i think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAbgiaVCE-U
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 11-02-2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Sly breaks his neck

They all sound so old when you put it this way...
    Sylvester Stallone breaks his neck shooting fight scene in veteran action heroes' movie
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 4:28 PM on 06th January 2010

Sylvester Stallone broke his neck while filming a fight scene in his latest movie.

The veteran action hero had emergency surgery and a metal plate inserted in his neck following the accident on the set of The Expendables.

The 63-year-old actor was filming a fight with wrestling co-star Stone Cold Steve Austin, 45, in the upcoming movie, but it was so realistic that Stallone ended up with a hairline fracture in his neck.

Stallone told FHM magazine: 'Man, it was seven guys, kicking each other's ass, one guy tougher than the next. No joke, our stunt guys were begging for mercy.

'Actually, my fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I'm not joking.

'I haven't told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards. I now have a metal plate in my neck.'

The plot of the film centres around a team of mercenaries who head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator.

The movie features a who's who of veteran action actors including Arnold Schwarzenegger, 62, Bruce Willis, 54, Dolph Lundgren, 52, Mickey Rourke, 57, Jet Li, 46, as well as relative youngster Jason Statham, 37.

It also stars Brittany Murphy, who died in December of a heart attack.

Stallone, who wrote the script and directed the movie, said testosterone was flowing during filming.

He said: 'Bruce's character, who hires me to do the job the film's based on, turns to me and says, "Look, there's one person I need to talk with before I give you the job."

'At which point Arnold, who plays my oldest rival, walks out.

'And it's clear we have a lot of history there. So I tell him I should have shot him a long time ago when I had the chance.

'And the scene goes from there. But man, those guys were up for it.

'They got out of bed at 5.30am just to shoot a small five-minute scene.'

It is not the first time the actor has been hurt during filming. He was also badly hurt by Dolph Lundgren when he filmed Rocky IV.

He said: 'Dolph and I always went for it. I gave him orders to try to knock me out while the cameras were rolling. At one point, he hit me so hard on the head I felt my spine compress.

'He then hit me with an almighty uppercut. That night my chest started to swell, and I had to be helicopter-ambulanced from my hotel to a nearby emergency room.

'I was told that Dolph had punched my rib cage into my chest, compressing my heart. If it had swollen any more, I would have died. Lundgren hit Stallone so hard in the chest that Stallone had to be helicopter-ambulanced to hospital

'After that, I was like, "Dolph, it's only a movie, bro."'

Stallone recently revealed that he and Arnold Schwarzenegger, once huge rivals, are now the best of friends.

'He's my best friend now. It's strange, given what big rivals we used to be. He's still ridiculously competitive, though. See this watch?

'This is the only one of its kind in the world, so I wore it to our last lunch. Arnold was desperate for me to get him one but I had to explain that wasn't possible. He was so mad!'
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Expendables in August 2010

The comic prequel is coming sooner.
    Dixon Explores "The Expendables"
    by Steve Sunu, Staff Writer
    Tue, March 9th, 2010 at 12:58PM (PST)

Things will get explosive in May when Dixon's "Expendables" hits comic stores

This May, Dynamite Entertainment is taking a look at the beginnings of one of this year's most anticipated action movies with the help of writer Chuck Dixon with "The Expendables," a miniseries that explores a period of time before the movie of the same name takes place. Written and directed by Sylvester Stallone, the film is loosely based on the many action films from the late '80s and early '90s and stars a number of the biggest action movie stars from that time period, including Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jet Li, Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke and Stallone himself. But while the movie is set for a late August 2010 release, fans won't have to wait that long to see some of their favorite movie heroes of old in action.

"This is a movie that Sylvester Stallone has been trying to get together for years; an action movie packed with as many well-known action stars as possible," said Dixon. "Dolph Lundgren, Jason Statham, Jet Li and like a dozen more. Bruce Willis and Arnold even show up. The premise is a bunch of hard-luck mercenaries who take on high risk jobs for premium pay. They go in where others fear to tread. Each has a specialty; handguns, martial arts, explosives, knives...Sly's not re-inventing the wheel here. He's just built a really bad-ass, killer wheel of awesomeness."

Spinning this wheel to start is Dixon himself. For the writer, helming the four-color prequel is "Another chance to strut my stuff, and hopefully to a brand new audience that's never given me a try." With a plenty of action story credits, Dixon feels that this project definitely fits his writing style. "I'm known as an action writer. I think it's a bit of typecasting, as I also do humor and can write the soap opera stuff," he told CBR News. "But I do handle the action easily and I'm willing to do the homework on weapons and fighting techniques. My vast experience at running away from danger comes into play, too." As for characters, Dixon feels he knows the stars of the story already. "These guys are definitely in the Frank Castle vein as far as being remorseless tough guys," he said. "It's barely a stretch for me."

The comic, while drawing upon the elements from the film, will also have a few surprises in store for those looking forward to the movie. "Well, the one thing you'll see in the comic that's not in the movie is Mickey Rourke's character, Tool, in action," Dixon said. "He's alone against some really evil hombres, and we see the reason that Stallone's character turns to him as a mentor. He's a serious bad-ass."

Dixon's "Expendables" story takes place before Stallone's movie of the same name

Joining Dixon on the project is artist Esteve Poll. Dixon told CBR News that he has great faith in his collaborator's artistic abilities, especially as relates to the specialized cast, location and audience of "The Expendables." "My artist is Esteve Poll and he's one of my favorites," Dixon said. "We've worked together quite a bit the last couple of years, and he really knows how to create evocative locales. There're few artists who can equal him when it comes to weaponry."

Dixon's comic book prequel is faithful to the movie, as Dixon has had access to the full story ahead of time to craft his own. "I have read the script," he said. "My job is to tell a story that takes place before the events of the movie without revealing anything that's to come in the movie's story. I sort of hint at some of the conflicts in the group, but this is more of a straight adventure story rather than any kind of character-driven stuff that the movie deals with. That stuff needs to be a surprise, and I'm not interested in providing any spoilers."

"There's lots of hints in the movie that these guys have been through some really tough, horrifying times together," he added. "It's just cool to see one of their earlier missions."

While Dixon's previous experience writing team-oriented action titles definitely added to his landing the writing gig on this book, there were still a few aspects that gave him a little bit of trouble. "It's a challenge. It was easier when I did "A-Team" or "G.I. Joe" prequels, because I was familiar with the characters. Here, it's tougher," he said. "I haven't seen the movie, and working out the individual voices for the characters takes more work. But Stallone's screenplay is so tailor-made for each actor that I could 'hear' their voices as I read the screenplay. I mean, Mickey Rourke says stuff that is so Mickey Rourke. Being an actor, Sly has a real ear for how people talk." Another challenge for the writer was exploring territory that has, untils now, been completely uncharted and unknown. "How do you write the part before 'Once upon a time…?' And I have to echo the screenplay in some places, but do it without borrowing from the movie's story. Kind of like making a new garment from the material of another."

But sewmaster Chuck Dixon obviously has more than a few tricks up his sleeve to make his prequel look like an Oscar red carpet-worthy garment, and moreover, he's excited to do so. "Being part of this crazy project is the most rewarding thing," Dixon exclaimed. "I'm a fan of these kind of movies and a fan of this cast. It's neat, even in a small way, to be a part of an instant classic."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

New Trailer

I just got this from a publicity rep:
    The Expendables Trailers & Video Clips

THE EXPENDABLES Official Website:
    http://expendablesthemovie.com/

Follow THE EXPENDABLES on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/expendablesmovie

Follow THE EXPENDABLES on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/lionsgatemovies

Follow THE EXPENDABLES on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/lionsgatelive
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Official website and new trailer

The OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Also Ain't it Cool has a new trailer.
    Some exclusive EXPENDABLES fun! Take a look!!!
    Hey folks, Harry here with the latest bits of awesome coming from THE EXPENDABLES. The brief Television spot will be seen later this weekend during the big UFC Fight in Vegas between B.A. Baracus and some fool to pity named R. Evans. Well, we have it for ya before it hits the pricey fight seats! Plus - we have the big EXPENDABLES - "Legends" banner - which you can click open to hugetacular proportions.
    And the Facebook site.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun !!!!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

New Trailer

The Expendables - :60 Trailer

P.S. I flipped Doug's title from "jet li+sylvester stallone+jason statham=The Expendables!!!" to "The Expendables=jet li+sylvester stallone+jason statham" just so it displays better when looking at the overall forum.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Expendables ad campaigns

From a Lionsgate rep:
    On behalf of Lionsgate, we are very excited introduce a new five-part series where Sylvester Stallone takes you behind-the-scenes of THE EXPENDABLES! The first episode just premiered on iTunes so check it out now. Make sure to tune in every Thursday for a new episode exclusively on iTunes Trailers.

Behind-the-Scenes Episode 1: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/l...heexpendables/
    From a PR rep for Expendables:
    Stallone. Statham. Li. Three of the most badass Expendables are coming to a theater near you…

But Expendables fans don’t have to wait till August 13th to check them out! A new vintage arcade game has arrived from Lionsgate and Break that lets fans play as Barney Ross, Lee Christmas or Yin Yang in full 8-bit glory. Beat the game as Yin Yang to unlock Bonus Mode for a chance to see alternate endings and easter eggs!

Make it onto the Top 10 All-Time High Scores list for official Expendables swag from Lionsgate and Break.

Join the fight!

http://www.facebook.com/expendablesm...36379469711900
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

well the losers failed...the Ateam kinda failed....even thou it looks like its on its way of making a profit globally. how will the expendable fare...i mean they put it in august....which is like the January of the summer...however they put inglorious *******s in august and it flourished. so who knows.

In the wake of Comic-Con

Jul 22, 2010
    Action stars duke it out for Comic Con's attention
    11:07 PM
    By Kevin Winter, Getty Images
    The only action star missing from Comic-Con's movie panels Thursday was Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Thursday saw Angelina Jolie, Bruce Willis, Jet Li, heck, even Dolph Lundgren.

But few blow it up like Sylvester Stallone, here to pitch his film The Expendables. No worries about this being mistaken for a Merchant-Ivory picture. The stars of the film, about a band of mercenaries tasked to overthrow a dictator, gave most of the 6500 fans in Hall H a permanent boost of testosterone.

The stars, who include Lungren, Li and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, made no bones about their duties on set. "We beat the crap out of each other 25 years ago," Lundgren says of Stallone, his Rocky IV opponent.

Apparently, Stallone wanted a lot of folks in the fray, but some exercised discretion. "I reached out to some of the other guys from back in the day," Stallone says. "Van Damme, Segal, Chuck Norris. And it couldn't quite work out, whether because the timing was off or because (they considered it) insanity."

Insane is right. During one fight scene of the shoot, Austin fractured Stallone's neck. Austin offered no public apology.

"When the writer, director and the lead actor (Stallone) tells you to kick the (expletive) out of him, then I'm gonna kick the (same expletive) him." - Scott Bowles
    Haven't found any Li interviews yet. That's hard to tease out of a search.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Stallone vs Steve Austin..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lX5-Grmo8s

Behind the scenes footage of Stallone and Austin fight scene, and neck breaking scene too..I think this movie is gonna rock

James