Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Misconceptions You are Cured Of

So you are not a big fan of metaphysics? Pondering posibilities simply because they are out ther to be pondered? I personnal can waist hours pondering the idea that quantam physics and old religion are actually closely related. That what our ansestor called qi, the mortal soal, or countless other things, were really just horrible atempts of very briliant people to explain ideas they didn't have words for. So..... if that was the case, then maybe qi is real, just badly explained by someone so far dead and gone that he can't bith slap you for mis understaning it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    So you are not a big fan of metaphysics? Pondering posibilities simply because they are out ther to be pondered? I personnal can waist hours pondering the idea that quantam physics and old religion are actually closely related. That what our ansestor called qi, the mortal soal, or countless other things, were really just horrible atempts of very briliant people to explain ideas they didn't have words for. So..... if that was the case, then maybe qi is real, just badly explained by someone so far dead and gone that he can't bith slap you for mis understaning it.
    Time well wasted ??
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Time well wasted ??
    LOL! Of course it is wasted; I can't put food on the table with it; no one want's to hear what I think, let alone pay me for it.

But I'm fundamentally a happy person and most of my detractors are not... I must be getting something right, even if not my hypothyses.
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Actually I spent a long time studying metaphysics.

And in the end came to the conclusion that, based on my study, most of it was total bunk.

It's still interesting to study but now my focus has shifted to asking why we, as a species, love to delude ourselves.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

One major misconception that I used to have was that martial artists who talked smack at others were the same ones with great ability and who could kick butt.

Now I realize that the really dangerous martial artists don't make a lot of noise. They just do what they have to do in an efficient way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Huang View Post
    One major misconception that I used to have was that martial artists who talked smack at others were the same ones with great ability and who could kick butt.

Now I realize that the really dangerous martial artists don't make a lot of noise. They just do what they have to do in an efficient way.

Let me guess: You consider yourself someone who doesn't "make a lot of noise."

Nope.

I make my share of noise - just as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Actually I spent a long time studying metaphysics.

And in the end came to the conclusion that, based on my study, most of it was total bunk.

It's still interesting to study but now my focus has shifted to asking why we, as a species, love to delude ourselves.
    LOL! That is still metaphysics, as it is philosophical and philosophy is a branch of metaphysics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Huang View Post

This is keeping in mind that you have talked as much smack as just about anyone else I've ever seen...

And I'd be more likely to say that metaphysics, along with ethics, logic and a few other disciplines were sub-divisions of Philosophy.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Ok, I just googled it; mataphysics does seem to be considered by most to be a branch of philosophy and by some as a branch of science. I have found something I was once wrong about. Therefore I am staying on topic.

Rotflmfao
    Simon McNeil

Ok, I just googled it; mataphysics does seem to be considered by most to be a branch of philosophy and by some as a branch of science. I have found something I was once wrong about. Therefore I am staying on topic.
    I was wrong about thinking Becca would post pictures of herself in her flag girl uniform...
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

even after I told you I never would.

I used to think that people on kung fu boards who post about how they'd stop a grappler would at least recognize basic wrestling terms. Boy, I was wrong on that one!

I used to think Chinese martial arts was about fighting, but so many people on the internet insist it is about health and being spiritual that I learned my lesson!

I used to think Master Killer was a pastey white guy but......... uh, well.......
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I used to think Master Killer was a pastey white guy but......... uh, well.......
    MK's stock comes from the Highlands of Scotland, where pasty is the highest of compliments.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.