Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: understanding concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    Wow
    Yes, Wow.
    ....kings
    King? I am the emperor!

of the
    Ok, let's see where you are going with this...

multi-quote!
    **** Straight!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Because approaching our world-view in a systemically illogical way leads us to false assumptions and errors that can eventually become harmful to ourselves or others.
    yet you say the same thing about approaching it in a logical way.
    Perhaps you have to lay off the LSD.
    sh!t... it's been like a year and a half now... though this hasn't been the longest wait; just before the last time i waited 5 years and finally tripped with my mom, who hadn't done it in 15 years... we had a blast. awesome stuff, just have to respect it and have your sh!t together, otherwise it'll be an eternity of hell for approxamitely 12 hours.

I said that logic helps to mitigate those errors. I admit it does not eliminate them. But fewer errors is better than more errors. Therefore approching the world logically is better than approaching it illogically.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

what if you approach it with logical illogicality?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I said that logic helps to mitigate those errors. I admit it does not eliminate them. But fewer errors is better than more errors. Therefore approching the world logically is better than approaching it illogically.
    yet apparently you are basing this on a logical way of thinking.

Of course. How else would one reasonably assess the problem?
    Simon McNeil

Of course. How else would one reasonably assess the problem?
    perhaps by focusing on the solution.

That is precisely what Logic is... or has your LSD addled mind lost it's ability to retain long-term memories to the point that you have completely forgotten like... four posts back.
    Simon McNeil

That is precisely what Logic is... or has your LSD addled mind lost it's ability to retain long-term memories to the point that you have completely forgotten like... four posts back.
    what were we conversing about again?

The substance that your head is made out of...

Concrete.
    Simon McNeil

The substance that your head is made out of... Concrete.
    might not be too far off... i once hit myself directly in the left temple with the end of my 21 lb iron bar while swinging it around one day... i also hit myself in the left ear with my iron staff... the force of the strike smashed my hearing aide in my ear.

regarding Uki

I have used this phrase often here when my detractors have gone for my literary throat.

""Whatever you think i am or want me to be i AM.""

I would apply this to Uki. As for what i think Uki is? Well Uki is Uki. The Screename itself in terms of martial arts means "Floating"(japanese terminology). So i wonder if Uki is just floating through here and will be gone soon.
    As for what i want Uki to be, well i dont want Uki to be anything other than Uki really. In all honesty i think Uki is a controvert and a clown. They are some of my favorite personality types and people. Controverts and clowns are powerful healers and lesson givers. They teach people not to be so fukin serious all the time. There is a time for seriousness,but seems like there is little time for humour and opposites these days. I cling to the humour and the opposites. As "Men of Knowledge" as most of here are, or seekers of it anyway(whether we wish to realize it or not) i think we lose sight of the humour and the laughter, even in the face of all the "seriousness" on these threads and in the world.

Peace and pizza f@rts, TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

i have learned that being too serious, too often, leads to too much stress... i have also learned that laughter is by far the greatest tool for healing on any level; if you are not laughing, you are missing the point of living...

*bump*

forgive me dale... i just saw your latest post and i just had to do it. nothing personal buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    *bump*

forgive me dale... i just saw your latest post and i just had to do it. nothing personal buddy.
    **** disturber.

I get my patio blocks and bricks at the Home depot.
    Good enough for me.
    Some break easy, some harder than others, which is to be expected.
    The "secret" to IP breaks is in the effort, anyone can power through bricks and slabs, just have to like pain , but doing it with minimal effort is what makes for good IP.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !