Thread: Kahp Choih Video

Threaded View

To support your comment;

My teacher never had said "Oh, we don't do that..." when looking at a technique. He didn't talk about what any style 'can't' do. He only talked about more and more ways to hit or kill someone. If he saw anyone else do a technique he either said "Good-la" or No Good-La". That was it. He liked every style out there including Karate.

He didn't look at himself (nor do I) as a CLF Man or a Lama Man or a Hung Kuyhn Man...

And neither did any of my classmates. We all just thought of him as a 'killing machine' of whom you didn't want to get on his bad side.

He learned lots of different styles, it's a long list. The ones I know of that he taught and practiced are mentioned here;

Choy Lay Fut
    Lama Pai
    Hung Kuyhn
    Mok Ga
    Nam Ying Jow
    Bok Mei
    Ngok Fei Pai
    Hung Mok
    Hung Fut
    Law Mei Pai (bet'cha never heard 'O that one)
    Seh Ying Kuyhn (A style consisting of 3 hand forms and 3 weapons)
    Bao Ying Kuyhn (his friend was the head of the style)
    Cha Kuyhn

And there might be more. I personally learned stuff from almost all these styles here, with obviously greater emphasis on CLF and Lama.

People need to get off their style's 'dick' so to speak and focus more on the development of themselves as Kung-Fu artists/practioners/fighters.

The minute you hear a Kung-Fu guy go; "well, we don't do that in our style" especially when it's a viable technique...you gotta laugh.

PS I'm just kidding about the secrets...lol. We don't have any. We may know some stuff that a lot of other people don't, but we don't have any secrets.
    Last edited by Lama Pai Sifu; 09-28-2008 at 04:37 PM.