Thread: New Staff Fighting Clips

New Staff Fighting Clips

Staff Techniques with my buddy...

Staff Fighting # 1

The first one is a bit long, but the rest that we shot are only 2-3 minutes each. We did 5 or 6 staff vids yesterday and two Lama ones.

I'll put up a new one every other day or so.

Enjoy

cjurakpt Guest
    it was great to hang with my sihing for an afternoon and just sort of riff on certain ideas as they came up; what was actually really interesting was how our respective understanding of certain techniques that we probably haven't gone over together for at least 10 years if not more were both similar yet different - I think we both came away with some new ways of thinking about things and also reaffirmed the solidity of the core concepts that Sifu Chan taught us

hope everyone enjoys the clips!
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 09-26-2008 at 12:59 PM.

It was quite fun!!

Very nice clips guys, thanks for sharing:cool!.

cjurakpt Guest
    ok, peeps are getting bored - put another one up...

That wasn't staff fighting. That was a lot of talking and a little bit of staff technique theorization.

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    That wasn't staff fighting. That was a lot of talking and a little bit of staff technique theorization.
    unfortunately, no one ever takes me up on my offers to actually fight with them...we need some Dog Brothers to set up shop in NY...

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    yeah, but c'mon. Who's gonna watch a clip that says "Staff talking and Theory?"

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    unfortunately, no one ever takes me up on my offers to actually fight with them...we need some Dog Brothers to set up shop in NY...
    Dog brother are kick-ass.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    therein lies the issue.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Siskel and Ebert of Kung Fu Videos

Nicely done.

From what I've seen of CTS and his students the pole skills are really up there.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    we want busted heads if it says 'fighting'
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"