Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Watermelon Challenge!

You guys are terrible....

Freaking awesome video! And impressive!

And thanks for the inside info on how to train it.

My only word of advice, is that the editing cuts right before the strike could be suspect. I'd re-edit it. Either let it run long. Or cut once right to it.

Awesome. Looking forward to see what you do to a walnut later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    You guys are terrible....
    So says the fruit abuser.

Here's one, the walnut challenge against Iron Crotch.

I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Freaking awesome video! And impressive!

And thanks for the inside info on how to train it.

My only word of advice, is that the editing cuts right before the strike could be suspect. I'd re-edit it. Either let it run long. Or cut once right to it.

Awesome. Looking forward to see what you do to a walnut later.
    It just turned out that we were adjusting the angle for like two minutes and Ryan kept complaining about how heavy the watermelon was...lol. It would have been a couple of minutes of BS that would have looked ridiculous. But I understand your point, that's why with the walnuts, I just wanted to open the bag on camera and not to make any cuts so that no one would be suspect of anything.

Thanks for the advice and the props though.

R u back in NY again?

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    So says the fruit abuser.

Here's one, the walnut challenge against Iron Crotch.

Do you think any of the iron crotch guys could stand up to my "walnut challenge?"

I bet I could crush their nuts..no problem. But would I want to?? I think that there lies the problem of actually making this happen.

cjurakpt Guest
    Do you think any of the iron crotch guys could stand up to my "walnut challenge?"

I bet I could crush their nuts..no problem. But would I want to?? I think that there lies the problem of actually making this happen.
    I think that "opening the bag" to get to them would actually be the worst part...

Rumor has it that Gene read the idea and went catatonic thinking of all the marketing tie-ins. Don't forget that people love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure.

I hope the Iron Crotch/Bag O' Walnuts idea isn't left "dangling".
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

It just turned out that we were adjusting the angle for like two minutes and Ryan kept complaining about how heavy the watermelon was...lol. It would have been a couple of minutes of BS that would have looked ridiculous. But I understand your point, that's why with the walnuts, I just wanted to open the bag on camera and not to make any cuts so that no one would be suspect of anything.

Thanks for the advice and the props though.

R u back in NY again?
    I was in NY for two weeks in Aug. but I/m back in PR.

Saw the walnut video. Very impressive again. Your students are lucky to have you. You guys might be the last generation to train that way.

I was in NY for two weeks in Aug. but I/m back in PR.

Saw the walnut video. Very impressive again. Your students are lucky to have you. You guys might be the last generation to train that way.
    Ray, my teachers main skill (as taught by his main teach Jyu Chuyhn) was what he called "Jao Gung" or Claw Skill. He taught me a great many ways to train my fingers, grip and claw strength. We used to laugh how his fingers actually felt like 'iron pins' when he grabbed you. And if he did grab you, you felt like you were not going anywhere without his permission.

I've got about 2 dozen really good ways to train the hands/fingers/wrist/claws that allow you to actually use all the cool KF techniques we learn. I guess I should make a DVD...

It's a shame really...people think that all their clawing techniques and finger poking techniques are going to work in a real fight...I don't think people realize how much hand/finger strength you really need to rip into someone's muscle or throat to be effective. Everyone needs to do some type of training for this.

Thanks again for the appreciation. When you get back to NY, stop in and I'll share some training methods with you if you want.

It's a shame really...people think that all their clawing techniques and finger poking techniques are going to work in a real fight...I don't think people realize how much hand/finger strength you really need to rip into someone's muscle or throat to be effective. Everyone needs to do some type of training for this.
    Word!

DM

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    I think that "opening the bag" to get to them would actually be the worst part...

Lol!!!

Comedy gold!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

that was pretty awesome i want to do that now.. lol

When you get back to NY, stop in and I'll share some training methods with you if you want.
    I will gladly bow to you, and try to make it worth your while, for the opportunity to train that skill.

I will gladly bow to you, and try to make it worth your while, for the opportunity to train that skill.
    Ray, take me out to lunch and I'll tell you more ways that you can count, regarding building hand, finger and grip strength..deal??

It would be nice to make your acquaintance (formally), especially after we both engaged in nonsense on here a couple of years ago. Let me know when u r coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    that was pretty awesome i want to do that now.. lol
    Personally, I don't think it's too hard, but i don't think people have the confidence to even try it. I think that many of you on here, who have trained their fingers probably could do it....maybe not as easy as I am doing it, but it will get better if you train it correctly.

I posted it to challenge everyone to try to do something different, and also in an effort to bring to everyone's attention that finger strikes and claws don't work that well if you don't train your hands.