Thread: OT: RIP Richard Wright

OT: RIP Richard Wright

http://www.legacy.com/Obituaries.asp...onId=117506560

First Syd, and now Richard. This was and still is my favorite band of all time.

Let's hope a reunion of the others will happen. Id like to see the others perform again before they decide to check off the planet.

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Oh god, that's really too bad.

Also it makes a reunion increasingly unlikely. Wright and Gilmour were pretty tight and he even collaborated (quietly) on some of Gilmour's solo albums. Gilmour has already expressed an intention to concentrate on his solo career anyway and so with the death of Wright....

The Wright / Gilmour vs. Waters split may be water under the bridge but that doesn't mean that Pink Floyd will play together again.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yea, saw this and meant to post it the other day but ran out of pre-work time.

RIP

Barrett was kookoo for coco puffs and Waters was apparently a prima donna *****...Gilmour and Wright always seemed to be the core of the group, imho.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

My one issue with early Floyd is that I thought Gilmour was a more intelligent lyricist (and had a better voice) than Waters. "A Momentary Lapse of Reason", the first album Waters didn't perform on and one that Wright's influence was greatest on was the best Floyd album.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

One of the greats who knew when not to play.

RIP
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

i dunno, simonm, i basically agree with your sentiment but i don't think 'Momentary...' was the best...while the popular favorite, 'Darkside...' is probably my #2 following...well, 'Relics/Meddle'... I say that because:

True Story: In the spring of 1989 my girlfriend at the time and I drove to the Grand Canyon from NC. We had 9 days to make it there and back. We took 5 days to get there due to a late spring snowstorm in eastern Olklahoma that caused our trip from Little Rock to OK City to be 9 hours long. So, we got to the GC, spent two days and headed back, driving the entire way from GC, AZ to Greensboro, NC in 40 hours so that I could be back at work that next morning on time. At some point that first night driving back, she took over driving in Amarillo, TX. I went to the passenger location (not SEAT) in my 1988 Toyota pickemup, single cab, 2wd, short bed...yea, pretty effing tight. In the cassette player was a tape with Relics on one side and Meddle on the other. Throughout the night, from Amarillo to Little Rock, she drove...without ever changing the tape because she couldn't reach the tape box, while I 'slept'...shifting in and out of consciousness througout the night while that tape played over and over...

heh, for that trip and no other reason, of which there were many, i should have married that gal...but, i'm stupid like that.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

That's a good story.
    Simon McNeil

Thanks.

'i've got a bike, it's a very fine bike, with bells and whistles and things to make it look good'