Thread: Kung Fu Restaurants & Bars

Hybrid View

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    hey Sam, we both know, the only REAL Kung-Fu restaurant was the "Bamboo Forest" in Chinatown...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

closure

I'm disappointed that none of the NYC forum members ever tried Kung Fu Bing.

Masala Twist beats Kung Fu Bing.
    Masala Twist Replaces Kung Fu Bing at 189 East Houston
    6 hours ago

Kung Fu Bing. Let’s talk about it. The kitchy mascot-driven eatery lived a relatively rough-and-tumble existence, from its earliest days on Division Street to the final dwelling at 189 East Houston. The Bing survived here for a record four months before “closing for restructuring” last October. That action was pretty much a ruse, though, since the operation went up for sale just a week later.

Now 189 East Houston is preparing for its latest culinary concept. Another entrant in the local fast food family – an Indian joint called Masala Twist (Masala is a mixture of spices).

The interior utilizes the same furniture and kitchen setup as its predecessor, with the only difference being color scheme and branding. Signage is also on the storefront marquee. However, we’re not too sure it’s the smartest idea to include a neon advertisement announcing the cuisine as “Indian Street Food.”

Masala Twist opens tomorrow and will feature “various types of meat and vegetables served on Indian flatbread, pita and bun. Also, sugar cane juice.”

So, if you’re keeping score at home, this marks the third fast-food joint at 189 East Houston in just over a year.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart