Page 25 of 194 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Being a radical leftist is a personal point of view. It's a subjective opinion. For some, Obama may not represent a distinct difference from McCain.

You, with your clearly republican and conservative bias, look at Obama and see radical leftist. And independent doesn't carry that bias. Ergo, when shown Obama's record and speeches, they may not classify him as a radical leftist.

In fact, I would hazard to say that if they were inclined to believe he is a radical leftist, they would have made up their minds and wouldn't be independent in the first place.

They'd be you.

Not everybody shares your priorities or values. So assuming they will respond the way that you think it "right," is kinda silly.

But that's ok. I hear you eat babies for breakfast. Of course, the other side has them for dinner, so it all balances out.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    Being a radical leftist is a personal point of view. It's a subjective opinion. For some, Obama may not represent a distinct difference from McCain.

You, with your clearly republican and conservative bias, look at Obama and see radical leftist.
    I consider him a radical leftist because I am an educated voter.

It has nothing to do with me being conservative. I look at Ron Paul or Alan Keyes and see a VERY conservative individual. I look at John McCain and see a much more moderate Republican. I see Joe Lieberman as a moderate Democrat (except on abortion), and Nancy Pelosi as a radical leftist.

Look at how the independants voted in the Pennsylvania primary when they saw Obama's feelings on religion and guns. That 'toss up state' ended up being a landslide for his opponent.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Merryprankster View Post
    But that's ok. I hear you eat babies for breakfast. Of course, the other side has them for dinner, so it all balances out.
    As for that kind of rhetoric, your side has the market cornered. We were accused of wanting to starve children and make old people eat dog food and become homeless during budget debates. All I've said that I see if Obama is elected is a recession due to his tax-and-spend policies and record high gas prices (and possibly a return to Carter-style gas lines) because of his energy policies.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    As for that kind of rhetoric, your side has the market cornered. We were accused of wanting to starve children and make old people eat dog food and become homeless during budget debates. All I've said that I see if Obama is elected is a recession due to his tax-and-spend policies and record high gas prices (and possibly a return to Carter-style gas lines) because of his energy policies.
    1bad - How do you propose we make the money for a $9 Billion per month war?

It's not going to come from trickle down economics. Even the oil companies are only profiting $10.7 billion every 3 months....and we're still borrowing out the ass from foreign countries.

How do you propose we fund this? I am still waiting for an answer on my questions posted here.

-David

record high gas prices
    oh, and .... uh, wha?

What do you think we've had for the past 2 years?

-David

Quote Originally Posted by CLFLPstudent View Post
    1bad - How do you propose we make the money for a $9 Billion per month war?

It's not going to come from trickle down economics.
    Once again your ignorance or refusal to accept facts shows. Reagan gave us the largest tax cut in American history. And yet, actual tax dollars collected went up. Supply-side (or as liberals call it 'trickle-down') ecomonics worked in the past and will work every time they are tried.

How did JFK kickstart a slow economy again?

As for your other question, the post you referenced is tough to decipher. Please rephrase any questions again and unlike the liberals here, I will answer them.

Guess who's PREGGERS!

Take that, fundies.

If Obama raises taxes on the oil companies and bans offshore drilling (which was his original position), I predict gas prices will be at record highs. Yes, even higher than they got the last few years.

If Obama raises taxes on the oil companies and bans offshore drilling (which was his original position), I predict gas prices will be at record highs. Yes, even higher than they got the last few years.
    I predict that the price is artificial.

Actually, the pregnant daughter, her own Down's syndrome baby all end up being a positive in the eyes of folks who don't like to kill children. When asked by the Doctor's 'So what do you say, should we stick a fork in it and suck it out?" She chose life for these children and doing the good thing, the hard thing and the most rewarding thing. Letting the babies live.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

I consider him a radical leftist because I am an educated voter

Oh Brother

"We're the Morality squad armed with the wrath of god,,my name is Granbo and here's my holy hot rod,,,,freedom for ALL the people brave true and strong, freddom for all the people, UNLESS i think yer wrong".

Peas,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    I predict that the price is artificial.
    No, it will be real all right. You see, like it or not, market forces and taxes determine the price we pay at the pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    "We're the Morality squad....
    Where did I mention morals?

I did mention his stance on ISSUES, but maybe you missed that.

I consider him a radical leftist because I am an educated voter.
    LOL! OK. You've kinda made my point.

Let me say this again: if undecided voters had a strong opinion, about either candidate, they wouldn't be undecided.

Saying they "just don't know enough," is an interesting point of view, but has very little to do with reality, because you are assuming they will agree with you once they do "know enough."

It's called mirror imaging. But don't worry; it's a classic analytical failure.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Mas Judt View Post
    Actually, the pregnant daughter, her own Down's syndrome baby all end up being a positive in the eyes of folks who don't like to kill children. When asked by the Doctor's 'So what do you say, should we stick a fork in it and suck it out?" She chose life for these children and doing the good thing, the hard thing and the most rewarding thing. Letting the babies live.
    That's true, but Palin supports "abstinence-only" sex programs for public schools. If she can't make it work at home, well....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.