Thread: Us VS Them

Hybrid View

Us and Them....hasn't that always been the way to rationalize violence against another....all armies would agree!

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my "us" is ENORMOUS.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

This one part here speaks to me, I know someone who went through this very thing and I saw how it marked him and his family:

As if the gang of home invaders; whose game plan is to duct tape you to a chair while they gang rape your wife before slitting both your throats, gives a rat's ass who your teacher was or who he learned from or what the "correct" name for your art really is. The only thing that will impress a member of that gang will be when you make one of his important body parts stop functioning or when everything suddenly goes black.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

well, he's stating the obvious. at least for me. his message overall is that it's useless to be a lineage ho, which i think a lot of us get, except for many of those in that "other" forum here .

Also, he is painting a picture of fillipinos as gullible and too readily warlike.
    Kung Fu is good for you.