Thread: The Man with the Iron Fists

Hybrid View

Wu-tang mother****ers!!!

I had a great time at the show last night. RZA hooked me up with all access passes. There was some microphone issues, which sucked. RZA stopped the show at one point and berated the sound man because there wasn't enough clear mikes to go around. But the show was awesome. RZA dominated like the head of Voltron. He can pump up a crowd like no one else. Inspectah Deck and GZA were on fire. The free rap stuff was amazing. Wu skillz are massive. Check in with the 8 Diagrams tour when it comes to your 'hood. They're playing a lot of intimate clubs, which is where hip hop really shines IMO.

I got to hang with RZA backstage after for a while. We talked movies, of course, and killed a bottle of Patron. He let me in on a lot about how Iron Fist is going - nothing I can publish yet because nothing was firm - but I'm now VERY EXCITED about this project.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene lives a charmed life.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I had a great time at the show last night. RZA hooked me up with all access passes. There was some microphone issues, which sucked. RZA stopped the show at one point and berated the sound man because there wasn't enough clear mikes to go around. But the show was awesome. RZA dominated like the head of Voltron. He can pump up a crowd like no one else. Inspectah Deck and GZA were on fire. The free rap stuff was amazing. Wu skillz are massive. Check in with the 8 Diagrams tour when it comes to your 'hood. They're playing a lot of intimate clubs, which is where hip hop really shines IMO.

I got to hang with RZA backstage after for a while. We talked movies, of course, and killed a bottle of Petron. He let me in on a lot about how Iron Fist is going - nothing I can publish yet because nothing was firm - but I'm now VERY EXCITED about this project.
    **** gene i thought i bragged alot. i'm actually jealous, wu tang clan aint nuthin to f uck with. was literally the first rap song i ever really listened too. and all i thought was what kung fu movies mixed with rap, this has got to be the best and i have ben a fan every since. im truly jealous gene ching, **** you.lol

we should start catologing every time Gene uses the 'cool' smiley face.

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

But I hate Patron...

...and RZA has learned the art of Chinese hard liquor drinking fu. He poured some tall shots, did the old Chinese two-hand toast, and refilled my cup as soon as it was drained. He could have kicked my ass drinking. He did it before when we were in China. But he was merciful and gave me that Chinese 'out' to save face. "You can sip this one. This is a sipper."

Before the Patron, RZA put down a magnum of champagne during the performance (although he did spray some on the audience). Hip Hop zuiquan.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Stop, it's a booby trap

RZA headlined at the Mezzanine in S.F. last night. Didn't take the stage until 11:30. He called me back for a pre-show chat (and more Patron - his drink of choice now ). He said that he was just at some sort of wrap party for Inglourious Basterds the night before and now Tarantino and Roth are free to bring their full attention to The Man with the Iron Fist.

Wound up talking some film (RZA wasn't hip to Ip Man yet) and we went off on Zohan and Benjamin Button (two films I haven't seen yet). It was fun but my god am I paying for it this Monday morning. I'll be really paying for it at practice later on tonight...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

awwww patron with a hip hop legend

poor gene.lol, sounds like u had fun. go see Benjamen it was awesome. as for zohan it was ok i guess.

nothing new here...

...'cept that it made a Malaysian newspaper...
    Roth 'n' rapper to team on martial arts opus

Hostel dude Eli Roth and rapper RZA are working on a martial arts epic currently entitled The Man with the Iron Fist - no relation to the Marvel Comics character.

Roth told Sci Fi Wire he was working with the rapper-producer on the script at present.

Roth said the script calls for a number of martial arts icons to be in the mix somehow, and that RZA had the whole movie mapped out already.

According to Roth, viewers can expect hip-hop mixed in with kung fu, a multiracial cast, and "it's going to be spectacular."

[Published: 13-Jul-2009]
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips