Told ya it wasn't Iron Fist.
Eli Roth Reveals More on RZA's Directorial Debut - The Man with the Iron Fist
July 6, 2008
Source: CHUD
by Alex Billington

Barely two days ago we reported that Eli Roth and Wu-Tang Clan's RZA would be working together on a martial arts movie called The Man with the Iron Fist. In short time, CHUD caught up with Eli Roth and asked him about the production. Roth revealed some enticing details, including that this would be RZA's directorial debut after studying Quentin Tarantino for years and that it would be undoubtedly a bloody R rated martial arts extravaganza. I was initially already quite excited for this, but now I'm even more excited - this is going to kick some serious ass. Apparently RZA has an encyclopedic knowledge of martial arts flicks and this is his dream project that will feature "everything martial arts fans could want."

To clarify, this has nothing to do with Marvel's superhero named Iron Fist, as an adaptation of that character is in development elsewhere. RZA's The Man with the Iron Fist is an entirely separate project that he wrote himself and is directing. Here is what Eli Roth said about the production.

Yes, it is true. RZA's script is amazing. He has been studying directing with Tarantino for years and he's really ready to get behind the camera. His impact on rap music and hip hop culture cannot be measured, and he's ready to add his own unique style and vision to the world of film. This movie will have everything martial arts fans could want, combined with RZA's superb musical talent. This project has been his dream for years, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. And fans should know that yes, there will be blood… This ain't no PG-13.
As I mentioned originally, The RZA had quite a bit of involvement with the soundtrack on the Kill Bill movies and I can only imagine that was where and when he began studying Tarantino's techniques. It doesn't sound like RZA is going to mimic what Tarantino does, but rather attempt to bring his own unique style and vision to this film in combination with his immense appreciation for martial arts films. I'll reiterate this yet again: with Roth, Tarantino, and RZA all influencing this project, it definitely has the potential to be amazing. We'll be sure to update you once we hear anything else, including when it's expected to start production. Does Roth's update get you more excited for The Man with the Iron Fist?