Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Killer

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Death Race 2000 was my personal fav Carradine film. Remember that old videogame based on it? And now there's a remake with Jason Statham opening this Friday? How cool is that?

I don't think the Kung Fu TV series ruined America's vision of the art. It was one of the first visions and was groundbreaking during its day. I think Hai-Karate did more damage to how the martial arts are perceived. Did you ever get a whiff of that stuff? Jow smells better.
    Gene, i kinda want to see the new deathrace

that Hai Karate video is hilarious. yeah it was america's first exposure to kung fu, but look at it. ooh its mystical, grab the pebble from my f*cking hand. im surprised they didnt have chi fireballs and sh*t.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Anya Wu is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    uummmm... YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gene,

I know we don't much or at all but I was curious...how come no interviews with the hotties of Kung fu Killer? or more specific ... why no interviews with Anya Wu?

I didn't know who Anya was before this film

I know now. I did see Naked Weapon, but only Maggie Q stood out to me at the time. That was 2002, long before Maggie broke America in MI3 and Balls.

When we're contacted about film interviews, the promoters typically throw out the names of the big celebs like David and Daryl. The promoters have to coordinate the interviews. Keep in mind that for the celebs, the film is long in the can and they've gone on to other projects. That promoter failed to hook up Daryl for me because she was on a film somewhere and couldn't be bothered.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Some story tellers might change descriptions for the point to be understood. Being creatures of Hear-Say, people knew Kwai Chang Cain knew he knew White Crane or could believe it. So a story with an actor kin a series called Kung-Fu whose repeats still runover thirty years later Ties the story with Kung Fu theme. Crane rhymes with his former character Cain and is a king Fu Style-who he should aspire to be and a style perhaps he uses. Since they continued the legend Lets solidify this and really make people comfortable. Let put in a young man who needs som fatherliness and call him Peter like the Character Cain's Son in the Legend continues. We'll allow the Actor to demonsrtate the trasmission of a lessonwith smacks and slaps...a guy thing That floats with our Promotional concept (So we LOve David Carradine).

They wore blue like Shao-lin and practiced weapons (which is Very WuDong to my understanding (Not so much with the empty hands) [Actually It seemed as though weapon first, then there is strength and focus for hand tecniques]. The blue and weapons says they train Kung-Fu there and are some kind of Spiritual.

The Fut symbol- a Southern Baptist and a Roman Catholic no difference it's all God? Their orientals There's that fat guy in temples or shrines and monastaries and the big Chinese or Japanese looking symbol is in Spiritual type places over there in Asia.

I think the blue and the Fut symbol or idol was like the fist and the palm but for the un initiated viewers or the armchair kungfu/Action/Adventure -ist.

The grl had great Kung-Fu with her bow, using it whirl a soldier as well as simultaneous close target area hits.

White Crane demonstrated Advanced Skill in striking and Dim Mak with the Tomato brick break and his multiple area strikes to finish an opponent...

I No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    The Mercenary/Assassin--Meras was only treated nicely by a sister or young women or once a young girl such is the tendernes that promotes lesb ians. Meras breaks from her skilled viciousness reminded of the tenderness she appreciated years ago now far gone.

The young wudong now an initiate we all well are aware by the Dragon mark on the one arm (Possible pheonix or double Dragon), because we are used to someone graduating from a great level of accomplishment tatoos by branding a t least a dragon on the arm.

However nearly equal in skill as are the Brothers, their Bosses or the people to whom they answer, it is a toss-up, or throw-down and a kick to rid the threat to the wonderful girlfriend. Ohhh nooooo, She's dead! Why did she get between my stomp ant this pimple boy who dares be as good as me. Why did she have to love him. And why am I not dead instead of her. I so deserve it (No_Know no die talking from the minds as No_Know thought perhaps)...Noooooooooo! You killed her. Hnmf Hnmf, you are so going to get iit\I deserve this I so want to be punished for killing my new good friend...Fight...Looks bleak Let me just get this over with.\Wait I was just venting beating you like that, I realized later that you two were good friends but we were fighting and no place to sy until I beat you to where you might listen. Don't kill yourself because she loves you too....Darling!
    Blah Blah Blah

No_Know
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

i watched 30 minutes then turned it off...absolutely boring
    part 2 Im not even interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukarbo View Post
    should've kept watching.

more pics of Anya Wu please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Laukarbo View Post
    Agreed! Good for you man!

I just didn't watch it all the way though... I kept flipping back hoping either of more action, my friend, or more Anya.

It seems like it took forever... action was eh...but at least it meant they weren't talking (horrible horrible script writing).

Anya is the exception of course...more pics please

I find the polarization of Carradine fascinating

Obviously, he hasn't 'scotched that snake' at all.

More Anya (as if you guys can't do web searches on your own...)
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I never got into the old kung fu tv show.

i think with out that influence, carradine comes across as kind of a douche. in all the interviews ive read, and some of his videos, hes always kind of seemed really full of himself.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

on David

I have never met David personally, but have worked with some in acting who have a connection with him. Honestly, it appears to be hit or miss with David on his personality. I know of one director who worked with him and it was a struggle on the film because David was drinking heavily throughout the production. He talks quite a bit about his struggles with alcohol in his autobiography. It seems that he has put these demon behind him as of late because he is working on more quality productions the past few years.

Love him or hate him, the fact is he can be pretty blunt about things. As an actor I get a lot of what he is saying. I think of him as a blue collar actor. By that I mean he just keeps working away doing the best he can with what he's got. In the Kill Bill Diary he gives some excellent acting advice by keeping it simple. I recommend any other actors out there to read that book and the book on acting he recommends by Richard Boleslavsky. I have had that thing on my shelf for years and never looked at until I read Carradine's latest. It has really helped me develop as an actor more so than any expensive private lessons could...and I've done that too.

David is simply a working actor trying to make a living and like only a few others, he actually has. More power to him if you ask me.

Many slam him for what he has done to the martial arts and kung fu. Most people would of never even heard of kung fu without David. Most kung fu schools today are struggling to stay alive in my opinion. With that statement, I'm omitting the huge cities like NYC and LA. It would be interesting to see how fewer KF schools would be out there without David's TV and film work. If you do not like his work, simply do not watch it or just turn it off if you gave it a try. Many of you have as stated in previous posts. To make statements or accusations that he has somehow ruined CMA is just plain extreme in my opinion.

D Carradine

Let's not blame or give him complete credit here.

Kung Fu TV series was the hard work of many individuals (of course Bruce Lee was at the beginning of it) but there are producers, directors, writers, other actors, etc that are responsible for the final product.

Yes Carradine had a good performance he can be a good performer...but remember the action was in the 70's...who good was the other martial arts production?

It's also true how unashamefully full of himself that he thinks he's right about everything without really knowing what the heck he's talking about...

For example the interview Gene gave when Gene asked him

GC: There's Buddhist symbols all over the temple. There's a big Buddha statue in one scene.

DC: Ah. I don't think so.
    Ultimately though...Kung Fu Killer was written poorly...I'm just telling it like it is...just like David would have if he wasn't part of the project.

i guess we're alone on this one gene. i guess its because our expectation were way way way lower then everyone else's.

Well...you're not completely alone...

You found it entertaining...doesn't mean it's good...just that you enjoyed watching it.

...I watched Vanishing Son starring Russel Wong...keep in mind I was barely a teenager at the time...

so we're all guilty of something...or another