Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Fighter

Shicksa

I missed last week's episode and was waiting for a rerun. Maybe this weekend.

Last night's episode was mildly entertaining. That knockout in the house had me reeling with laughter. Out cold with a stupid look on his face.

Junie learned his lesson seemingly but ****, there was something about his betrayal that I missed last week.

The prank was over-the-top. Krzysztof had nothing to say when it was his turn...very different when he's not the victim. His return prank took so much effort but it kind of screwed everyone over in the end. It looked cool but all in all, seemed pointless.

The fight was shorter than I expected. Good stand up...except for that knee exchange. That armbar came out of nowhere and was executed very quickly. Props to Krzysztof for winning. He just needs to change his attitude a little in my opinion.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

TV on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    I finally caught this episode last night, as I was in New Orleans last week. The exchange between Vinny and Noguiera was good, at least it peaked my interest in the episode.

The fight was another yawner, the guy fighting Vinny was completely mortified, he psyched himself out into complete inaction. Vinny's leg kicks weren't half bad, if he could only develop some hand combos before he sends the roundhouse, he might be dangerous on his feet.

No way Junie becomes a breakout star...he's way overrated and under performing. Wait till he loses one and has a complete meltdown.
    Mild conjecture is what I offered as I have no idea where the show is going. In the respect that he entertains, he may be a ratings getter but everyone's there to get a little exposure. Junie shouldn't be around in all actuality but he was very lucky. For some reason, that type of tv is what the networks want. Like I wrote before, it looks as if he learned to mellow out for a bit.

**Way too much alcohol in the house.

Vinny's kicks were brutal and exact but yeah, his combinations need work. He was able to win and he's just happy about that at this point.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

I wanted to see some better striking from Krystof, was a fairly ez victory for him and I thought he handled the pranks well. I think he maybe one of the most solid fighters with the right mindset, he's mentally sound.

The Mir Nogueira soccer shoot out was hilarious...I'm glad to see they added some coaches challenges...the first time I've seen Mir rattled.

Lucky charms

Krzysztof had no response to the pranks played on him. He's level headed when fight time is around but he still acts immature for someone his age. It's the same sentiment as everyone has; it's funny when pranks are played on other people but no so when you are on the receiving end. Good fighting but I felt his execution of that arm bar was due in part of luck and the other fighter's inexperience. I can't wait to see his next fight. His opponent is an expert in BJJ but not very good at standup. It should be a good one.

The incident involving the Lucky Charms had me chuckling....'they're magically delicious...' haha The fight was not bad. Palakowsky has a good attitude about things in general. He might make a good fighter one day.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

I don't know how old it is, but I just saw the fight with Junie and Efrain. Junie got what he deserved. He's a quitter. Never gonna be worth nothing. Not with that attitude. Not in MMA or otherwise. He doesn't deserve a spot. I'm just glad Efrain got the chance to beat him up a bit

Yeah, I'm sure everyone who has watched this season felt some satisfaction in seeing Junie get beaten -- the guy has acted like a massive tool and had it coming. I'm glad Dana got him to fight, though I bet in the back of his mind he was still hoping Junie would win.

This interview with Junie and his brother is hilarious -- watch for his brother's faux-stripper ring entrance -- I realize they're just playing up to the camera but those guys are too much. I have respect for the guys like Fedor who just get in the ring and get the job done without the ridiculous posturing and trash-talking.

"We're Brownings -- we wake up and we pee excellence in the morning"
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Whoops, here is that interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C5SOJjsgtE
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Finale and so on

Quote Originally Posted by Li Kao View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure everyone who has watched this season felt some satisfaction in seeing Junie get beaten -- the guy has acted like a massive tool and had it coming. I'm glad Dana got him to fight, though I bet in the back of his mind he was still hoping Junie would win.

This interview with Junie and his brother is hilarious -- watch for his brother's faux-stripper ring entrance -- I realize they're just playing up to the camera but those guys are too much. I have respect for the guys like Fedor who just get in the ring and get the job done without the ridiculous posturing and trash-talking.

"We're Brownings -- we wake up and we pee excellence in the morning"
    I didn't see that video of the interview yet. Just actually was able to catch the episode. Junie's a bit smarter than we all gave him credit for. He's got a ways to go but he'll grow up. He has to or else he'll not survive.

I liked the contract fights for the most part. Bader's victory was almost a hit or miss as Vinicious' jui jutsu skills are top notch. It was an unexpected but good knock out.

It was a surprise I believe to most that Phillipe lost. There wasn't his usual energy going into the fight as Efrain really was seemingly an underdog going in. I wasn't too impressed with him throughout the show but it is what it is. Bring all you've got to your fights so that you will not have any regrets later on.

Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

US v UK

All right, it's been a while but there's a new season i know some members here tune into it every week.

Interesting way to have the two countries go against each other. Bisping seems to have single handedly brought about the rise of MMA in the UK since his victory and current success in the UFC.

As of now...the UK fighters are looking like very tough contenders compared to the crappy start the Americans had.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

Ultimate Fighter

anyone watch the premier of ultimate fighter last night? some pretty good fights. something like 8 ko's and 5 subs with only 3 decisions or some such. those bantam and feather weight guys can move...some really good wrestlers in those fights too. my favorite fight was the very first one, with the short cowboy and the skinny pale kid. cowboy just rushed him and knocked him out in like 20 seconds lol

kinda wished cowboys brother had gotten in, i would have loved to watch 2 brothers fight in the cage!

that hawaiin guy had one hell of a jaw tho!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

nope watching it tonight, one of our guys is on so looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    nope watching it tonight, one of our guys is on so looking forward to it
    oh snap whos your guy?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Karsten Lenjoint, dont know him that well, hes one of the new breed in the gym, im old school there knew the likes of andre winner and dan hardy better but still good to the the gym represented, whose your guy?

nobody i dont actually know anyone competing there. First episode of ultimate fighter ive seen though, pretty cool in the premier you get to see a lot of fights back to back.

Who are the fighters?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !