Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Incredible Hulk

well thats because its thor. you can't **** with certain super hero's cause the fans will riot and marvel knows it. hell they started producing their own films due to the debacle that was spider man 3.

They were trying to ride a wave of success with Spiderman 3 and it didn't work. The preliminary movies and sometimes the sequels always come out good. (First and second Spidey was fantastic). It's when they try to do a third that things start going awry. X3 will be redeemed by the new Wolverine movie and if they are smart, they will not make two sequels but do what they did in Iron Man.

Fans will always have something to complain about regardless.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

yeah so far all of marvels thrid intallments have sucked

They've only done 2 part 3s haven't they?

I'm wondering how Punisher War Zone is going to turn out...

not a big comic book guy but i love the movies. i remember reading somewhere that in the comics, hulk beat the abomination because he can get bigger when he gets angrier. he didn't do that in this one. am i right or am i getting characters confused?
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

He was able to get bigger in Ang Lee's version. That was cool.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

Looked like he got bigger and stronger when he choked out the Abomination to me.
    After he got stabbed in the chest.

It looks like I really need to see this movie.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow View Post
    not a big comic book guy but i love the movies. i remember reading somewhere that in the comics, hulk beat the abomination because he can get bigger when he gets angrier. he didn't do that in this one. am i right or am i getting characters confused?
    He is always able to get stronger when he gets angrier. I am uncertain how cannonical his ability to grow as he gets angrier is.

That being said... the hulk's rage is directly proportional to his strength... one goes up, so does the other.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow View Post
    At the risk of sounding like an old-time comic ge-ek, in his first-ever appearance, the Abomination was bigger and more powerful than the Hulk, because Blonsky had absorbed more radiation than banner. He beat Hulk easily. Eventually, the Watcher took away some of Abomination's strength so that he and Hulk would be equal. Supposedly, their baseline strength is equal, but when Hulk angrier he gets stronger (not bigger, at least in the original comics). One of Hulk's other old-school famous quotes was, "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets!" I don't really follow the new (post-1982) comics anymore, so things may have been changed radically, though.