Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday 2012

Doomsday 2012

Ok, this is the STUPIDEST movie I have ever seen.

If I EVER have to face god personally, I am going to demand to know how a just and fair God can possibly allow an abomination of a movie such as Doomsday 2012 to have been produced.

BAD Movie!!

That is all, you may return to your regularly scheduled conversations now.

RD

2012, they jsut got sick and tired of rpedicting i think. nothing is gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

The whole stupid thing seemed like some sort of Christian "Faith in God" lecture. Like if they were to show a movie in Bible school, certainly a movie about how JESUS related proficies dominated Myan culture would be it, and Doomsday 2012 is the movie they would choose.

What the sam h@ll does Jesus have to do with Myan culture anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    The whole stupid thing seemed like some sort of Christian "Faith in God" lecture. Like if they were to show a movie in Bible school, certainly a movie about how JESUS related proficies dominated Myan culture would be it, and Doomsday 2012 is the movie they would choose.

What the sam h@ll does Jesus have to do with Myan culture anyway?
    Wait, what?

Link to the movie info?

Anyone else notice how the END OF THE WORLD keeps getting pushed back two to four years every... uhhh... two to four years?

How many thousands of years are people going to buy this "just around the corner" prophecy hooey?

Just in my lifetime we've had the following predictions of emminent world destruction:

1) Soviet Atomic Holocaust
    2) A.I.D.S. Pandemic
    3) Haley's Comet crashes into us
    4) Anthrax Plague
    5) Y2K Causes Massive Food Shortages etc.
    6) Middle Eastern Terrorist Atomic Holocaust
    7) North Korean Atomic Holocaust
    8) Pakastan/India Atomic Holocaust
    9) Global Cooling Freezes Humanity
    10) The Ever Popular Jesus Is Coming
    12) Global Warming Fries Humanity
    13) The Earth Stops Spinning
    14) The Earth Starts Spinning Too Fast
    15) The Earth Reverses Direction, or Flips Upside Down, or runs into another planet or the Sun.

If more people followed this forum, they'd realize that Gene's Nacho Ninjettes were actually our most likely global threat. The poor lemmings will never see them coming.
    Bodhi Richards

I am currently writing a book about a paranoid para military survival freak who has spent 20 years preparing to survive the coming collapse of the US.

After seeing each apocolyptic prediction come to pass with nothing happening, except Y2K, which was averted by spending billions to upgrade software (which probably would have been upgraded anyway given the rate of technological and software advances), he finnaly decides all his work, and effort to stockpile weapons and cases of MRE's and cultivating an endless array of post apocalyptic, improvisational survival skills, was all in vain because the coming collapse will never actually happen.

After years of being made fun of by his daughter, he gives up his fears. However, he has spent 20 years preparing and does not want it to be a waste, so he just pretends the apocalypse actually happened and move to his secluded cabin in the mountains under the guise of taking an early retirement.

Finally, after a time enjoying a peaceful retirement in his cabin, he has totally given up on the idea,decided the whole thing is just a big marketing game for adventure gear and survival outfits to sell massive stock piles or supplies that no one will ever use. He realizes the whole coming collapse of the US is just an over blown excuse for fully grown, mature, adult men to basically play "Fort".

So, other than his favorite gun, he sells all his supplies, enough to support 3 families for 8 years, takes the money and puts it into an account for his potential future grand kid's education.

He lives in his cabin in the woods and makes a living selling bait dock side on the little fishing lake he lives by. He enjoys early retirement by spending his days fishing, hiking and in the evening using his amature radio gear collected during his previous career attempting to prepare for the end of the world that is never coming.

Then the apocalypse actually DOES come, and he's totally unprepared because he sold off all his stuff.

It seems his plans all revolved around stock piling years and years worth of supplies and "Things" but he never bothered to develop any sort of natural skills that would allow him to live off the land.

All his skill training was in unique and inventive ways to stretch is supplies, and various military strategies needed to fend of the hordes of un prepared survivors, that never actually came.

He meets other survivors, and is surprised to find they didn't value guns, fortifications, any sort of excessive fighting abilities or massive stock piles of military survival goods.

Instead, they just garden hunt, fish, gather edible plants, educate thier kids, and enjoy a happy post apocalyptic life in peace away from the crime, and hustle bustle, stress full life the now gone cities used to provide. They are barely seem aware it even happened.

So he was a weirdo in the pre apocolypse, because he put all his efforts into preparing for it when no one else saw a need, and in the post apocalypse, he is still a wierdo, because he just didn't "get it" in the first place so he still does not fit in.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 05-31-2008 at 06:05 AM.

I am currently writing a book about a paranoid para military survival freak who has spent 20 years preparing to survive the coming collapse of the US.

After seeing each apocolyptic prediction come to pass with nothing happening, except Y2K, which was averted by spending billions to upgrade software (which probably would have been upgraded anyway given the rate of technological and software advances), he finnaly decides all his work, and effort to stockpile weapons and cases of MRE's and cultivating an endless array of post apocalyptic, improvisational survival skills, was all in vain because the coming collapse will never actually happen.

After years of being made fun of by his daughter, he gives up his fears. However, he has spent 20 years preparing and does not want it to be a waste, so he just pretends the apocalypse actually happened and move to his secluded cabin in the mountains under the guise of taking an early retirement.

Finally, after a time enjoying a peaceful retirement in his cabin, he has totally given up on the idea,decided the whole thing is just a big marketing game for adventure gear and survival outfits to sell massive stock piles or supplies that no one will ever use. He realizes the whole coming collapse of the US is just an over blown excuse for fully grown, mature, adult men to basically play "Fort".

So, other than his favorite gun, he sells all his supplies, enough to support 3 families for 8 years, takes the money and puts it into an account for his potential future grand kid's education.

He lives in his cabin in the woods and makes a living selling bait dock side on the little fishing lake he lives by. He enjoys early retirement by spending his days fishing, hiking and in the evening using his amature radio gear collected during his previous career attempting to prepare for the end of the world that is never coming.

Then the apocalypse actually DOES come, and he's totally unprepared because he sold off all his stuff.

It seems his plans all revolved around stock piling years and years worth of supplies and "Things" but he never bothered to develop any sort of natural skills that would allow him to live off the land.

All his skill training was in unique and inventive ways to stretch is supplies, and various military strategies needed to fend of the hordes of un prepared survivors, that never actually came.

He meets other survivors, and is surprised to find they didn't value guns, fortifications, any sort of excessive fighting abilities or massive stock piles of military survival goods.

Instead, they just garden hunt, fish, gather edible plants, educate thier kids, and enjoy a happy post apocalyptic life in peace away from the crime, and hustle bustle, stress full life the now gone cities used to provide. They are barely seem aware it even happened.

So he was a weirdo in the pre apocolypse, because he put all his efforts into preparing for it when no one else saw a need, and in the post apocalypse, he is still a wierdo, because he just didn't "get it" in the first place so he still does not fit in.
    yes, some people are just weirdos.
    nice little irony tale though man.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Is he a Chung Moo survivor?
    1bad65--They Call Him Ore Ida, the Tater-Terminator
    http://www.freewebs.com/shaolinninjitsu/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    We had to shut down our first Shaolin Ninjitsu in Shangdong when a key mistranslation of ancient scrolls led to the entire clan bowing down to incense and burning buddhas everywhere in the province.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Takeshi View Post
    Trolling? What does fishing have to do with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    Ashida Kim taught me everything I ever needed to know about the missile dropkick.

No, the Chung moo book has already been written and published by another author.

yes, some people are just weirdos.
    nice little irony tale though man.

Reply]
    Thanks! When I am done, I am hoping to find a publisher and and may get it in the book stores.

I don't really care if it does well, but since I can't seem to stop writing it in my spare time. I figured it should be published.

My daughter is going to edit it and correct all my bad grammar and poor use of punctuation.

No, the Chung moo book has already been written and published by another author.
    What is the name of the book and the author?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

It is called "Herding the moo" by Joe Smith, from Trafford Publishing

I have a review in the book, as well as being mentioned by my username "Royal Dragon" in the thank you section at the beginning of the book.

Herding The Moo

There are two editions, both are well written. I would suggest owning both of them. There are a great many similarities as the second book started out as a revised edition to the first, but there is enough extra content to warrant owning the pair.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 05-31-2008 at 12:07 PM.

Except for the occasional roaming warlord pillaging, right?

No, there will be no war lords pillaging in the book. The survivors will be the people from the locl town, plus a few that survived the destruction of the cities.

All the blood bath type stuff will happen in the suburbs as the remaining, masses fight and compete for the remaining resources, thus killing themselves off long before they make it to the mountains.

Most people would not go to the mountains anyway. They are not equipped to survive there, and would see it as a place of death and starvation same as they do now when hikers get lost in the woods today.

Well Some say that the Calendar just "Ends" Dec 21st 2012. Others have stated that the calendar is just resetting itself and that it marks the end of this particular cycle. I tend to believe in both aspects but i hardly think that it is going to mark an "end of the world" scenario. However, Cyclic changes can be pretty intense and sometimes cataclysmic. But only in the minds of the people who really buy into things like this, a mass hysteria on a very large scale could invoke a kind of apocalypse. The Collective consiousness could facilitate its own demise in this way.
    I dont think that we will see anything remotely bad happen on Dec 21st 2012. Its the Winter solstice beginning as it has always been since things began.

I am getting kind of tired of these end of days type movies. like " I am legend" and 28 days and all the movies where some infection kills everyone but a select few. Or the ones with the X-tian take on things where hell fire and brimstone are about to be let loose and then some self riteous soul saves us all Its tiresome and boring,if you ask me.

I would like to see a movie that is based on the Carlos Castenada Books. A kind of Primal ancient past mixed with Modern technology and a smidgeon of extra terrestrial influence. of course we would need Jessica Alba as a co-star to help our Hero relieve stress at the opportune times Make it a NC-17 rating .

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.