Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The whole China shakes

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    part of your vast conspiracy theory that the worlds governments are provoking earthshifting changes? eh...
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

No, I think that God is punishing them for undervaluing their currency. Starting to look a lot like that movie 2012 out there. Maybe it is time to start building the Ark.

I believe in 2012 - at the Winter Solstice on December 21ft.

Something veeerrry serious is going to happen...worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    I believe in 2012 - at the Winter Solstice on December 21ft.

Something veeerrry serious is going to happen...worldwide.

Twenty one feet into december you say...hmmmmn

Yes I suppose something very serious is going to happen. Depending on your definition of what is very serious. lol

Life will go on.

new conspiracies will arise, new authors will replace the lies of the old authors and away we will go, none the wiser and just as happy in our ever apocalyptic beliefs that we cannot escape because eventually everyone's life ends. The world is ending right now for someone somewhere.

For some, it's quiet, for others it is a terrible and painful experience, but nevertheless, everyone dies. NO matter what.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Assistance

Gene, is Tiger Claw Foundation going to do some thing like when the other one hit? Are there other ways to donate to relief groups? Which ones would be best to make sure your money goes there?

I don't think the Tiger Claw Foundation will get invovled with this

For the Sichuan quake, the timing was serendipitous. It happened just prior to our last TCEC event so we had a lot of things in place to throw a major fundraiser like Martial Arts Benefit for Quake Victims. The TCF is currently immersed in promoting WildAid and tiger conservation this year for the year of the tiger. I'm not sure we have the bandwidth to benefit both causes at this time.

As for you doomsayers, here's a hopeful thought from the USGS

Big-quake activity not unusual, scientists say
    John Coté, Chronicle Staff Writer
    Thursday, April 15, 2010

First Haiti, then Chile, Mexico and now China - all pummeled by major earthquakes in just over three months.

As a seemingly steady stream of devastating scenes play across television screens, computer monitors and newspapers pages, many wonder if earthquakes are suddenly becoming more common.

The answer, according to the U.S. Geological Survey, is no.

Worldwide, there have been an average of 16 magnitude 7.0 or greater earthquakes - the size that seismologists define as major - each year since 1900, according to the USGS.

The six major earthquakes that have struck in the first four months of this year may be just above average, but 2010 is still "well within the normal range," USGS researchers found.

"It's slightly above average, but (earthquake activity) is not something that happens very close to an average," said Andrew Michael, a seismologist for the USGS in Menlo Park. "You can find four-month periods where there is only one magnitude 7, and then you can find even more during another period."

There is considerable variability from year to year as well. Some years have had as few as six major quakes, most recently in 1989, while there were 32 big temblors in 1943, the federal agency found.

The recent earthquakes have drawn particular attention for a variety of reasons, including that they've struck near populated areas rather than the middle of the ocean, Michael said. The tremendous loss of life in Haiti, the sheer size of the Chile quake and the U.S.-Mexico border quake's impact on both sides of the demarcation line all played roles in the amount of media attention they received, he said.

"You can go back and find very large earthquakes and essentially no one feels them anywhere," Michael said. "Those are the quakes that don't get covered."

On Dec. 23, 2004, for example, an 8.1-magnitude earthquake - larger than San Francisco's devastating 1906 quake - rocked a point in the ocean off of Macquarie Island, located almost halfway between New Zealand and Antarctica. Few, beyond scientists, took notice, Michael said.

He also dismissed the idea that the current earthquakes could affect future seismic activity.

"Does it mean anything for what's going to happen in the future?" Michael said. "To that we say, 'No.' "
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It seemed that earthquake everywhere this year

haiti. chile, indonesia, now qing hai China.

Da lai la ma was born in Qing hai.

--

Chinese rescue teams arrived rapidly with experiences from si chuan quake in 2008.

--

there were 200 school children buried while in class.

---

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/

as rescue teams raced against time to save more lives

--

da lai la ma

--

condolences to families that lost lives.

--

Last edited by SPJ; 04-15-2010 at 06:56 PM.

gotta love the tiger years...

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    The TCF is currently immersed in promoting WildAid and tiger conservation this year for the year of the tiger.
    so what is your stance on THIS??

an excerpt:
    The report follows the news in March that 11 rare Siberian tigers had starved to death within a few months at the Shenyang Forest Wild Animal Zoo in northeast China. The cases have shed light on the murky world of China's 12 tiger farms, which were initially set up by the state in the 1980s to preserve the numbers of animals in existence. They have also underscored changing attitudes toward animal rights in a country where exotic animals have often been treasured less for their rarity and more for their medicinal or culinary benefits.
    what a way to start the year of the tiger... 11 dead... one left.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    As for you doomsayers, here's a hopeful thought from the USGS
    funny you say that... in the movie 2012, john cusak says something along the lines of "when they tell you everything is ok, that's when you run."

is this an ancient wisdom passed along thru the ages??

a small forest is better suited for those who wish to run and escape from danger - those who are ignorant stand in a field and cook on an open fire.

I wonder what the collective feeling of stupidity will sound like on Dec 22, 2012.

I don't think there's any end of the world dates after that unless you count the unix crisis of 2038 or the comet apophis of 2036...

The doom and gloomers, or "those people who don't want to make a life for themselves because they would rather live under the nihilistic assumption that there's no point what with an apocalypse coming", will come up with something to appease themselves an their profound ill thoughts. lol

Movies, humph. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

P.S we all die. Some just died now. There's another one who's world ended just there! A car crash, a succumbing to disease, a bullet to the brain, advanced age, you name it.

Everyday is someone's personal apocalypse.

Such is life!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Gene

Gene,

Let me know if you are having any auctions to help with the TCF and its causes.

I will gladly donate products.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

I'm just glad I have an out. On December 20th, 2012, some alien friends are coming to pick me up in their spaceship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ijT56FamhM

please donate for relief effort.