Thread: Photos: Kim Couture vs. Kim Rose 06-20-08 Las Vegas, Nevada

Photos: Kim Couture vs. Kim Rose 06-20-08 Las Vegas, Nevada

Photos: Kim Couture vs. Kim Rose 06-20-08 Las Vegas, Nevada

Additional photos of the Couture vs. Rose bout can be found in the gallery. The rest of the fights will be posted later this

week.

Couture vs. Rose Gallery:
    http://www.ultravista.com/g2/main.php?g2_itemId=28630

Fight Gallery:
    http://www.ultravista.com/g2/main.php?g2_itemId=28629

Looking forward to the feedback!

First off, excellent pics. Great MMA coverag.

But, since I also asked another poster to contribute more than links to other forums/sites, I must ask the same of you.

please, by all means, don't stop posting these. But, if you wuold, also become involved in forum discussions

Thanks, and looking forward to your continued participatino!
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    http://www.ultravista.com/g2/main.php?g2_itemId=28699

yowzers

Vash has a point, I think. Are you just a photographer or do you train?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I don't think Vash has a point. I don't see anything wrong with ultravista posting his pictures because he isn't pandering or panhandling, unlike the other poster who was obviously just trying to get traffic directed to his site.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

If it's cool with you guys, I don't have a problem with it. I don't want to be the guy that shows favoritism though since I like the pictures and the other guy's articles were less than awesome.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I'm ok with it for now

A picture is worth a thousand words. I can see where it's a tad borderline since there's a marketing aspect to ultravista selling his photos and promoting them here, but they are some nice photos and that's completely non-competitive with our forum sponsors. It would be even better if he dropped some commentary on being at these fights (a good soft sell, if nothing else), but for now, I'm fine with this.

Has anyone purchased any ultravista photos?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The gallery has been updated with the remaining fights (MMA and Boxing).

MMA:
    - Kim Couture vs. Kim Rose
    - Brice Ritani-Coe vs. Rob Mitchell
    - Dave Jansen vs. Dennis Davis
    - Kui Gonsalves-Kanoho vs. Ricky Johnson
    - John Alessio vs. Pete Spratt

Boxing:
    - Grzegorz Kielsa vs. Alvaro Morales
    - Kevin Burnett vs. Horace Grant
    - Alonzo Butler vs. Friday Ahunanya
    - Jonte Willis vs. ?

Couture News ...
    After suffering a broken jaw in her pro debut loss, female mixed martial artist Kim Couture was initially informed that she would require sugery to wire her jaw shut for five weeks. Upon realizing that she was a fighter, doctors decided instead to insert a titanium plate and screws. Couture will undergo surgery on Wednesday. The procedure will allow her to return to training and sparring in just 6 weeks, a lot sooner than possible had she had her jaw wired shut. "I will be eating a steak dinner the night of my surgery," she remarked. Excited about the news, Couture is eager for a rematch with Rose, stating, "I will definitely get her back! I don't think she can whoop me."

Quote Originally Posted by ultravista View Post
    The gallery has been updated with the remaining fights (MMA and Boxing).

MMA:
    - Kim Couture vs. Kim Rose
    - Brice Ritani-Coe vs. Rob Mitchell
    - Dave Jansen vs. Dennis Davis
    - Kui Gonsalves-Kanoho vs. Ricky Johnson
    - John Alessio vs. Pete Spratt

Boxing:
    - Grzegorz Kielsa vs. Alvaro Morales
    - Kevin Burnett vs. Horace Grant
    - Alonzo Butler vs. Friday Ahunanya
    - Jonte Willis vs. ?

Couture News ...
    After suffering a broken jaw in her pro debut loss, female mixed martial artist Kim Couture was initially informed that she would require sugery to wire her jaw shut for five weeks. Upon realizing that she was a fighter, doctors decided instead to insert a titanium plate and screws. Couture will undergo surgery on Wednesday. The procedure will allow her to return to training and sparring in just 6 weeks, a lot sooner than possible had she had her jaw wired shut. "I will be eating a steak dinner the night of my surgery," she remarked. Excited about the news, Couture is eager for a rematch with Rose, stating, "I will definitely get her back! I don't think she can whoop me."

I always love it when someone who just had their jaw broken in two places says that the person who did the jaw-breaking couldn't whip them. HELLO! They just did whip them. WTF??? Sports Illustrated's Truth and Rumors page is suggesting that someone should have thrown in the towel.

I was going to say the exact same thing in regards to that line....
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ultravista View Post
    "I will definitely get her back! I don't think she can whoop me."
    In the words of the great Cleese cum Praline: "Explain the logic underlying that statement!"

Addendum:
    Just watched the match and read a thread on Sherdog about it - consensus seems to be that she was not ready for this, especially vis a vis her standup; I would agree - she obviously has some skills on the ground, but her stand up structure appears to be predicated on the "block with your face" axiom...
    Last edited by cjurakpt; 06-26-2008 at 12:24 PM.

It just doesn't make sense coming from her

I saw Uriah Faber fight Jens Pulver a while back. In that fight, Faber clearly won every round. Still, if Pulver had said, "that guy couldn't whip me," I could have bought that a little easier because Pulver took absolutely everything Faber had and kept coming, at times even lauging off Faber's punching flurries. Faber's victory was compelling but I wouldn't say Pulver was whipped.

But with Kim Couture!?!?!?!?!?!? Come on. Until they decided to go for the metal plate, they were thinking she'd be drinking her meals for a month or two. I'm sorry but that is most definitely "whipped."

I agree. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    I always love it when someone who just had their jaw broken in two places says that the person who did the jaw-breaking couldn't whip them. HELLO! They just did whip them. WTF??? Sports Illustrated's Truth and Rumors page is suggesting that someone should have thrown in the towel.
    Maybe the doctors should have MRI'd her Brain.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Maybe the doctors should have MRI'd her Brain.
    Maybe they couldn't find it

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    Maybe they couldn't find it
    they should check Rose's gloves...

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    got any pics of Kim Cattrall?