Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaolin toilets

it doesn't suprise me

the shaolin temple is a tourist attraction im afraid. they have rebuilt the temple many times and then make it look old
    its not the destination that is important it is the journey getting there

that's pretty sad. But seriously, 430,000.......on some (rappers? that's just insane
    Everyone's favorite wooden dummy

"All over people thinking martial arts is for making sexy body. That one is a wrong. Martial art is for making sexy mind and sexy spirit"- Master Po
    http://www.greencloud.net

Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

i was there two weeks ago showing some friends around and i didnt see any toilets
    its not the destination that is important it is the journey getting there

Quote Originally Posted by Mook Jong View Post
    that's pretty sad. But seriously, 430,000.......on some (rappers? that's just insane
    really? do you know what it costs just for materials to set up indoor plumbing?

It's not that outrageous depending on the facility. You might be surprised at what stuff costs. I bet that same set up in a new york mall would be comparably priced if not scads more.

I sentence you to 2 days study at a home depot and you can't get contractor rates either! lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

about time, i have heard stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

so, not sure if anyone else has had a chance to go there since the installation.

but its pretty awesome. off the sidewalk between the temple and the pagoda forest.

you get your choice of chinese squatter or western throne. there is also a handicap toilet. and they all have doors you can lock. the urinals flush themselves. and its fully equipped with hand soap dispensers, and your choice of paper towel dispenser or hot air hand dryer. you dont need to bring your own newspaper for wiping and its actually clean!

i enjoyed it.

Eastern State Mental Hospital Psych Ward, Room 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    so, not sure if anyone else has had a chance to go there since the installation.

but its pretty awesome. off the sidewalk between the temple and the pagoda forest.

you get your choice of chinese squatter or western throne. there is also a handicap toilet. and they all have doors you can lock. the urinals flush themselves. and its fully equipped with hand soap dispensers, and your choice of paper towel dispenser or hot air hand dryer. you dont need to bring your own newspaper for wiping and its actually clean!

i enjoyed it.
    Thats capitalism at work! Shaoling Temple is to commercialized. The name is even trade marked. What you learn there is watered down unless you have been studying there for any great length of time (5+ yrs).

i didnt study with anybody in the toilet. i imagine it would be watered down though.

but i'm personally thankful for it. you havent seen the type of maggot/fly/mosquito infested troughs i've squatted over with several young chinese children watching. what a relief it is.

Oh, I have some traumatic memories of those sorts of horror-bogs.

lol, "the bog of eternal stench" is what i named it.

[QUOTE=LFJ;873230]i didnt study with anybody in the toilet. i imagine it would be watered down though.
    QUOTE]

Que?
    Just think what you could have learned if you had stayed for five years
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    For anyone who used the toilets in Shaolin Temple, I'm sure they'll agree. This is a good thing.
    what no more hole's in the ground. ahhhh....thats half the experience.