Thread: New Hybrids

Hybrid View

Fighting Fit

More yoga martial arts fusion...

Super fit to fight flab
    23 Oct 2008

Queenstown fitness fanatics Simon Chapman (left) and his sidekick Michael Graney think they’ve found the right exercise combination for weight loss and muscle-building.

Martial arts expert Chapman and yoga pro Graney have blended their skills thai boxing, kick boxing and power yoga to create Fighting Fit – a new type of class they claim sheds kilos for their students.

“We want fitness and strength that you can go and use in everyday life,” says former bodybuilder Chapman.

“We don’t want big, dumb muscles – we want fast, smart muscles.”

No weights or charging up hills are required – it’s all done outdoors in the surrounds of Queenstown Gardens three times a week.

The Fighting Fit duo is holding a free demonstration at the Gardens on Saturday at 1.30pm before their second six-week course starts on November 3.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Where do people get the idea that training to fight makes you "fit" and healthy?
    Its like any other sport, while you get fit for the sport, it also makes you pay for it.
    Training a fighting system for fitness and health is one thing, training to use it in a fight or to be a fighter is another.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !