Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uniforms and Competition thread

In the army you always have to look neat and tidy. If your boots aren’t shining, you have to do PT, and the same goes for your uniform. This is standard in Military all over the world. Martial arts is the same. Although it wont directly influence your combat skill (or performance skill in this case) its all about pride and taking pride in yourself.

I also agree that it shouldn’t matter whether you wear silks or cotton uniforms, or even just t shirt and pants, but it should matter whether or not you look neat.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    In the army you always have to look neat and tidy. If your boots aren’t shining, you have to do PT, and the same goes for your uniform. This is standard in Military all over the world. Martial arts is the same. Although it wont directly influence your combat skill (or performance skill in this case) its all about pride and taking pride in yourself.

I also agree that it shouldn’t matter whether you wear silks or cotton uniforms, or even just t shirt and pants, but it should matter whether or not you look neat.
    We don't wear black boots anymore. And even worse, the ACU isn't to be pressed or ironed. I'm just realizing that a whole generation of recruits will never know the glory of 3-hour polishing sessions, or starching the hell out of BDUs.

However, you still can't look torn up, though, or you'll pay the price. And I'm the toll collector.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I dont necessarily agree with the pants and t-shirt uniform being used in competition. I mean the least a person can do is buy a uniform made out of some type of material that makes you look more presentable.

Actually the more im looking at silks online the more i want to buy a brand new one now, some of the ones on the website im looking at have some nice colors.
    Amituofo~