Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about Shi Deyangs school...?

Quote Originally Posted by ngokfei View Post
    LFJ

and where did you answer the question about martial applications
    thats what my whole post addressed to you and siu lum fighter was about!

A Buddhist Monastery like any other fixed organization is only functional if recognized by the Mainstream Group. Like a Cathoic Church has to recieve recognition. If its just a building not following the guiding rules and regualtions than it is not recognized by the Main Organization.

This is probably why the Shaolin Temple was without an "Official" abbott for so many years, even before the communist showed up.

om
    in regards to shaolin temple and the history of buddhism in china, it appears you dont know the depths of which you speak. nor are you aware of the current situation of shaolin temple in relation to other temples across china. so frankly you're uttering nonsense... probably.

I feel that it really depends on where you go. If you go to the "main" Shaolin Temple pseudo museum giant tourist attraction, it will be more watered down/less buddhism and traditional training, and more accomidating to tourists and such(also a very hefty pricetag over 1000 of G's a month). I mean I dont hate the people that go for that, it kinda dissapoints me, but at least there learning about Shaolin and they can develop from there.

I mean come on the majority of people who go to train in china go to look cool, and have fun. Me on the other hand I'm a person who trains everyday for hours on forms, conditioning, basics, and working out. So I'd rather go for a place like Deyangs school, where I can push my limits even more, and still get the spirituality that comes with buddhism.
    Amituofo~