Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iron -Sand Palm Training

Dale

I shot you a pm with questions.

Thanks,

Jim
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

OK apology in order, yes there are the few honest people on the internet who are willing to share with others without profit or something to gain by doing so.
    So if you are in that catagory ie Dale ....I sincerly apologize and should not have been so general.

my point however, is famous amos has great cookies but would not be willing to share his recipe with anyone, other wide how do yo sell more cookies?

My teacher gave me the recipe and I would not be willing to give to anyone. however if someone needed some I would be willing to give already made up bottle to anyone for free.
    I am not looking to make money nor does my financial future depend on how much I sell.

but dont think for a minute that people that make things, grow things or produce things dont keep the best for themselves. just human nature.

So thats why i said what I said trust me while living in SF I bought some white crane jow from a famous master and it was kinda weak. he said that for commercial use not personal, here is personal strength that was much stronger
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Red Sand / Cinnabar Palm?

Guys,

Didn't the OP ask about Red Sand palm? Is this the same as traditional Iron Palm Training or different? Also, is Red Sand Palm the same as Cinnabar Palm?

Dale, do you teach Red Cinnabar Palm?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by woliveri View Post
    Guys,

Didn't the OP ask about Red Sand palm? Is this the same as traditional Iron Palm Training or different? Also, is Red Sand Palm the same as Cinnabar Palm?

Dale, do you teach Red Cinnabar Palm?

Thanks.
    I do not teach Red Cinnabar Palm. I teach Tieh Sha Zhang(Iron Sand Palm) which is what is called Iron Palm here.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Is there even such a thing as red cinnabar palm?

Isn't this one of the fake BS arts in the 72 consummate Shaolin arts pulp fiction?
    Last edited by kal; 04-05-2008 at 08:10 AM.

I would assume that book is BS through and through.

Cinnabar is toxic.

Not something to use EVER.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

The method of red/cinnabar palm is/was a skill.

Its not practiced much any more due to the toxic material used.

The idea is to train the palm in such a way that it develops the strength and penetrating essence while also being able to seal out the toxins from being absorbed into the skin.

Fanzi quan was famous for its red sand/cinnabar palm skill.

Just because the skill isn't practiced today doesn't make it BS

Counter Point: If something had great worth to the masses it would survive through today in most cases. Somewhere along the line people started to figure out that playing with toxins was stupid and not good for you in general. No magic potion, herb or anything else is going to significantly change your fighting ability.
    Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

I would see it more as be an out moded.

Just as martial arts was primarily a weapons based method with hand to hand combat relegated to what if I lost my weapon.

Same thing is followed today. Military training is on usage of ones armaments (guns) and the physical hand to hand combat as a physical and mental tool at best.

the purpose of training in such esoteric and secretive methods are unnecessary anymore. We are no longer existing in such an environment that made those methods viable.

"Don't bring a Knife to a Gun Fight"