Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful Street Applications

Hybrid View

Woman Fights Off Violent Home Intruder

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I figured someone would find it interesting.
    Here's the link.

AURORA, Colo. -- A woman with martial arts training fought off an intruder who broke into her home by lifting a locked sliding door off its track.

Aurora police are now asking for the public's help in identifying the man who violently attacked the woman on July 1 and attempted to sexually assault her.

"The victim, who has had some martial arts and self-defense training, bravely fought off her attacker. Her efforts caused the man to flee," Aurora police spokesman Detective Bob Friel said in a Thursday new release.

Police and Crime Stoppers are offering a combined reward of up to $7,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the attacker.

The crime happened just after 4 a.m. on July 1, when a man entered the woman's home in an area between Yosemite and Dayton streets and Montview Boulevard and East Colfax Avenue, Friel said.

The man entered the home by lifting a locked sliding glass door off its track, he said. The door's safety bar had not been used, allowing the man to circumvent the door lock, he said.

Police released a computer sketch of the attacker. He is described as a black man in his 30s, who stands about 5 feet 7 to 5 feet 9 inches tall, with a thin build and braided hair. The victim said the man had one braid that stuck out from the side of his head.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Detective Lana Maddox at 303-739-6136 or Aurora police dispatch at 303-627-3100. Those who want to stay anonymous can call Crime Stoppers at 720-913-7867, or they can text a tip to 274637 (CRIMES), then use the title DMCS and enter a message
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Figures. I did a search to see if he had and started giggling evilly when I didn't find it. I should have know Gene's post-fu would be better than mine...
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

... But I bet he missed this one!

China Agrees To Erase Portion Of U.S. Debt If Americans Dress Up In Costumes And Perform Silly Dance For Them
    BEIJING—In what it's describing as a magnanimous gesture toward an economy in decline, the Chinese government announced Monday it would forgive a portion of the staggering U.S. debt if Americans agreed to dress up in costumes and perform silly dances for their amusement.
    With his nation holding $1.16 trillion in federal bonds and the U.S. showing no signs of ending its dependence on foreign credit, President Hu Jintao told reporters that allowing Americans to ease their fiscal burden in proportion to the number and quality of colorful dance numbers they perform is a mutually beneficial arrangement for both countries.
    "Our great nation has generously agreed to decrease the considerable financial obligations of the United States," said Hu, standing before an enormous rack containing elaborate dance attire such as sequined vests and metallic lamé pants. "All we ask in return is that Americans put on outfits such as these and amuse us with buffoonish little kicks and twirls, preferably while slapping their big fat tummies. The U.S. will receive much needed debt relief, and China will enjoy watching the graceless flailing of decadent capitalists."
    Addressing Americans directly, Hu continued: "In the seconds it will take you to object, your nation will slip hundreds of thousands of dollars further into our debt. That will mean 50 more of your countrymen having to put on a George Washington costume with a skirt and prance around with big smiles and heavily rouged cheeks while we pelt them with bits of your worthless currency from the windows of the Chinese embassy."

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    ... But I bet he missed this one!
    Aren't Americans already doing this? Wushu, right?

How about this

Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    I think that's brilliant that that's one of the very few examples of grappling NOT working on the internet. (:

Would-be Thief Feels Wrath of Kung Fu Kid

With a spin kick, a 12 year old with three years of Kung fu training neutralizes the bigger bad guy!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Harassers 'messed with the wrong girl' (Wushu Practitioner)

Harassers 'messed with the wrong girl' (Wushu Practitioner)

A young woman uses her martial arts expertise to defend herself from a stranger she said groped her. KATU reports.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...s-herself.katu
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

i bet it was a skinny white man. if it was giant black man, no can defend.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I like seeing the good guy win. The honest law abiding citizens just going about their business and using their hard earned ability through years of training.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    I like seeing the good guy win. The honest law abiding citizens just going about their business and using their hard earned ability through years of training.
    Just keep watching TV ...cause that don't happen in the real world...

Hard working honest people don't tend to gravitate towards violence.

If it's not being done in a ring as a contest, or as a form of study, it's generally done in the commision of a crime.

Your average martial artist that is not into competition will likely not get in many fights in his/her life.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Just keep watching TV ...cause that don't happen in the real world...

Hard working honest people don't tend to gravitate towards violence.

If it's not being done in a ring as a contest, or as a form of study, it's generally done in the commision of a crime.

Your average martial artist that is not into competition will likely not get in many fights in his/her life.

Sadly enough that is very true. I wish there was a way to prevent martial arts from being used to do crime, and that itself sometimes gives us a bad reputation. Martial arts as sport is idiotic. Not the people who do it themselves but the fact that it's used as entertainment. And that's a good thing that martial artists don't usually get into fights or they become the criminals who use their skills for the wrong ideals.

ah luv it!
    The hero was a samurai sword raising LSD bishop pun intended!